This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Kickstarter project Bonjour, integrate it with Homey

Nice project for the bedroom: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1450781303/bonjour-smart-alarm-clock-with-artificial-intellig

Would be nice if the community can get Bonjour to add Dutch language and to trigger Homey flows from Bonjour!

Comments

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited October 2016
    Great project but don't think we can do something on it except pushing them to make it happen.

From the Kickstarterpage FAQ:

is there an API for BONJOUR

This is something we would love to do in the future but has yet to happen. We are first focusing on BONJOUR’s software development.

Do you plan adding other compatibilities?
    BONJOUR’s skills are built in the cloud, so it will add new compatibilities and skills every day!

How does it work?
    BONJOUR’s brain is built in the cloud. BONJOUR connects to third-party services and gathers the data it needs such as the weather, traffic conditions, your calendar or your activity level using various APIs. For some services, such as Spotify or FitBit, you need to grant BONJOUR access to your accounts.

What languages does BONJOUR understand?

As of now, BONJOUR can speak and understand English and French. We plan to extend to other languages later, starting with Spanish.

• Also think about the privacy issues such a device could possibly have. 

" BONJOUR’s brain is built in the cloud. BONJOUR connects to third-party services ..." 

What data is shared with these services and what do they do with it?
  • I like the idea! 
    Is it possible to make homey smart? 
    Just like Siri or google assistant?

• jovink said:
    I like the idea! 
    Is it possible to make homey smart? 
    Just like Siri or google assistant?

Siri or Google Assistant are not smart, they just plug in at data like Homey uses the ANWB app for example. Like you can ask Siri / Google assistant for delay on your route you can also ask Homey, good to do in combination with ical :)
  • But for each question you need a flow. I thought maybe it's possible to use a API from google or something. 
  • jovink said:
    But for each question you need a flow. I thought maybe it's possible to use a API from google or something. 
    If Google has that API there can be a app that uses that API but then the community or you needs to make it. When enough people want it i think it will come :) 
  • I hope so. 
    But back on topic. Has someone backed it already? 
  • It sure looks very nice aesthetically and the price is right, but I wonder how daily use would be. Seems to me that voice-controlled devices are overrated :smile: Having to talk to my alarm clock to set it up seems very impractical to me...

This discussion has been closed.