This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[PUBLISHED] Homey NS information (0.1.1)

jjtbsomhorstjjtbsomhorst Member
edited December 2016 in Apps
You can find the source over here: https://github.com/jjtbsomhorst/eu.jeroensomhorst.nsapi

Homey NS information

This is an little application that enables Homey (from Athom) to give you travel advice for the dutch railworks.

speech support

none yet

Triggers ( WHEN Column )

none yet

Conditions ( AND Column )

none yet

Action cards (Then column )

1. Single travel advice for a specified track.

2. Let homey find travel advice for a specified track and ask you if you want to let it report all or just one possibility

Changelog

• Localization category added

• Bugfix release. Fixed a bug that would cause Homey to only tell you the info once. After that you had to reboot Homey.

• Initial release

Screenshots

When the departure and arrival boxes are filled in and used in a then column. Homey will search for the next schedule of this trajectory. If it finds any it will ask the user to read just one or all. 

Although it looks the same this card, when placed in the then collumn, will only read the first possible option for the given trajectory

Donate

If you like the app. Please consider a donation

paypal

Comments

• Would also appreciate departure times for specific stations (and any anomalies)
  • Would also appreciate departure times for specific stations (and any anomalies)
    Could you elaborate this a bit? Are you looking for lets say all departure times on station x? Imagine if you would do this for Utrecht Centraal. It would take homey a lot of time to tell you this info. 

I have submitted version 0.1.1 but it is still in approval stage.
  • Jeroen,
    I'm taking the same train daily and do not really need an advise on what train to take.
    What would be great if Homey would report a delay on a specific track five minutes before I leave.
    Would it be possible to build in this feature in your app?
    Thanks, Kurt
  • Hi, 

That is a great feature request . i Will look into it 
  • AmelsfortAmelsfort Member
    edited January 2017
    Another nice feature would be the ability to specify which train to advise on. I added this app to a flow so Homey would tell my girlfriend if there is a delay for the train she gets to her work. Yesterday, when she walked into the living room, Homey advised her about the next train leaving in 5 minutes. Since we live about 10 minutes from the station, that was not the train she wanted to get of course. And there's also no need to mention all trains.
    It would be nice if I can change the card to let Homey tell her about the 'next train in 15 minutes'.

And no, setting a delay in Homey is not sufficient. :)
  • jjtbsomhorstjjtbsomhorst Member
    edited January 2017
    Amelsfort said:
    Another nice feature would be the ability to specify which train to advise on. I added this app to a flow so Homey would tell my girlfriend if there is a delay for the train she gets to her work. Yesterday, when she walked into the living room, Homey advised her about the next train leaving in 5 minutes. Since we live about 10 minutes from the station, that was not the train she wanted to get of course. And there's also no need to mention all trains.
    It would be nice if I can change the card to let Homey tell her about the 'next train in 15 minutes'.

I could add some settings so you can control the date at which you want to arrive or depart? 
  • Amelsfort said:

I could add some settings so you can control the date at which you want to arrive or depart? 
    If that would be possible with the time instead of the date (because it's used daily), that would be great!
  • I just updated the Github repository. If you know how to install an app from the command line you can start testing. I have added two more action cards so you can specify also if you want to travel via a station . Also all action cards do now have a 'period' argument which adds the amount of minutes you have specified to the departure time.

I haven't added the feature to check if there is a delay or something in a specific route since the way the Api that i'm using returns this data sucks <span>:pensive:</span>