This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

New shipment date for Homey?

Comments

• You better have it shipped out before december. (Hey homey, zet de sinterklaas playlist op) other wise: i don't know you, but i will find you, and i will ki- i mean give you suport. :)

• Sinterklaas, enjoy now its still here ...

• All joking aside, the lack of response from @athom on this thread is making me a bit nervous to tell you the truth.

• Moek said:
    All joking aside, the lack of response from @athom on this thread is making me a bit nervous to tell you the truth.

.... didnt you see the responses from emile ? he is posting responses here

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

@Moek I replied yesterday? Come oooon :)

• @emile, nothing personal, it's just my paranoid mind but i was revering to last question asked by kasteleman.

kasteleman said:
    @Emile: not yet another Murphy case? ;-)
    Or just optimizing the placement off the antenna's?

• kriebelkouskriebelkous Member
    edited October 2015

@Moek You simply cannot expect that athom will be replying within the hour or day in, what probably is, the busiest time of thier lives.

• Exciting days, indeed! Hey Homey, let me know when Emile has spoken again :)

• @kriebelkous I'm most definitely not expecting that at all. I always wait a couple of days before asking about some more info. This thing is blowing out of proportion because I wrote "this thread " instead of "the last question in this thread", which is what I meant. The question from @kasteleman if another murphy popped up just triggered my paranoia. Because @emile didn't respond to that question but was responding to other questions on the forum I couldn't help thinking that something did go wrong and he wasn't in a position to elaborate on the issue yet. I know it's a bad habit but I can't help myself expecting the worst in these kinds of situations... But I can't stress enough that I never bitched about delays or lack of info and never will because I know they're working there asses off so I'm really sorry my post came across that way.

• Moek said:
    @kriebelkous I'm most definitely not expecting that at all. I always wait a couple of days before asking about some more info. This thing is blowing out of proportion because I wrote "this thread " instead of "the last question in this thread", which is what I meant. The question from @kasteleman if another murphy popped up just triggered my paranoia. Because @emile didn't respond to that question but was responding to other questions on the forum I couldn't help thinking that something did go wrong and he wasn't in a position to elaborate on the issue yet.

That last question from kasteleman definitely wasn't "a couple of days" ago... it was posted yesterday. There are only 24 hours in every day, and personally I'd much rather that Emile & co spend that time on getting the Homey ready for shipment, than on reading all the replies on the forum (and responding to each and every question asked). Imho a status update once a week should be more than enough...

• Bumblez said:

Moek said:
    @kriebelkous I'm most definitely not expecting that at all. I always wait a couple of days before asking about some more info. This thing is blowing out of proportion because I wrote "this thread " instead of "the last question in this thread", which is what I meant. The question from @kasteleman if another murphy popped up just triggered my paranoia. Because @emile didn't respond to that question but was responding to other questions on the forum I couldn't help thinking that something did go wrong and he wasn't in a position to elaborate on the issue yet.

That last question from kasteleman definitely wasn't "a couple of days" ago... it was posted yesterday. There are only 24 hours in every day, and personally I'd much rather that Emile & co spend that time on getting the Homey ready for shipment, than on reading all the replies on the forum (and responding to each and every question asked). Imho a status update once a week should be more than enough...

+1 totally agree with Bumblez!

Don't worry guys, it still seems to be all OK. We're just extensively testing 433 & 868, to make sure they won't break during manufacturing :-)

• @ Bumblez what I was trying to explain is that being so close to the shipment date that particular question made me step away from my usual manners... And again, I wasn't bitching about anybody at athom. I was just ventilating my anxiety that perhaps something bad turned up in the last couple of days. @emile thanks for taking the time to settle my paranoid mind ;)

• Thanks for the update, Emile. Now we can all relax again and wait patiently for next week's update (which will hopefully say that the first batch has been shipped) ;)

@Moek we're all anxious for our Homeys, so yes, I do get it. I just hope that our replies were able to remind you that anxiety/paranoia won't make you get the Homey any faster... patience is usually the wiser approach.

• Ooohhh my god....what did i do? :-) Was just curious....and dropped a question. Did not mean to scare people.....

• Emile said:
    Don't worry guys, it still seems to be all OK. We're just extensively testing 433 & 868, to make sure they won't break during manufacturing :-)

I hope you did the same extensive testing for the other antennas? :-)

• @kasteleman yes, did this... you almost broke the forum... kudos to you sir :)

@moek.. no hard feelings mate. I understand and applaud your drive to get awnsers, and get them fast . Guys like you keep company's sharp.. normally i would also bump and post when i dont get an awnser in 24 hrs..I just feel like athom is doing a hell of a good job with the resources they have.

I have allot of interaction with much larger manufacturers in my working enviroment so I compare athom with Ms, apple, Samsung etc...
    I can promise you that the response time and the content of most responses is better that most big companies. And this it without having an employee hired purely for costumer relations and while they are working their asses of to create a product we are all having such high hopes of, and are probably (or should be) running a campaign on the side to raise brand awareness..

And after all that they still give us most of the info we ask for..

• MoekMoek Member
    edited October 2015

@kriebelkous everything you wrote +1. What can I say...I let my enthousiasme/anxiety get the best of me. And yes, as soon as I talk to people who show the slightest interest in home automation I bombard them with Homey :)

• RobinVanKekemRobinVanKekem Member
    edited October 2015

Agreed, Homey brand awareness is something I work on besides my day job, lol.
    Like @Moek, I also bombard friend, family with Homeys video's and news. :-D

You guys are the best <3

• Can't wait for the Homey Chuck Norris Jokes App on the Homey. Homey must come with the app installed, you do not want to get in to a fight with Chuck.

• I don't think Homey minds the questions. It shows how eager their customers are. Besides that there's not much complaining. I think Homey has an okay amount of updates. Kickstarter could be more updated, but I think people are able to find their way to the forum with some help. If you compare it to Neeo for example theres much more information and less complaining. Athom is more transparent.

Of course I want to have my Homey so I'm looking for updates daily. But how long can it take. Cant take that long anymore. I feel like a child waiting for Sinterklaas/Santa Clause. Its nice to have that feeling again.

Keep up the good work Emile, Stephan, Athom.

Just a quick update - we've found some last-minute Infrared issues that didn't appear during our extensive tests. We're currently investigating if this will create delays or not, I'll report back when we know more.

• Thanks for the update on a late Saturday evening.

• I'm glad you guys find this glitch!
    For now, grab a beer and enjoy the evening!

• Thanks for informing us!

• Thanks @emile.

• Stress..stress...stress...but the Homey Crew has the ability to manage their emotions and remain calm under pressur! RESPECT! I am sure it's worth the waiting.

• @Emile: thx for the update. Better discover it now then after shipment!

This discussion has been closed.