This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Change the date and time

Either I'm getting old and blind or the option is just absent... does anyone know where I can change the date and time on my Homey? 

Comments

• TheoDeKoningTheoDeKoning Member
    edited October 2016
    In Settings > location.
    edited October 2016
    To check it: Settings > System > Stuff for geeks
  • Wish it was that easy  :) unfortunately the 'Location' page only lets me change my location.

• You can;'t change date and time, these are correct (or at least should be, otherwise send a mail to support@athom.com)...
  • You can now put it back on Automatically.

• Did you check it if it is OK?
  • pngoossenspngoossens Member
    edited October 2016
    I've put it back on Automatically. Unfortunately the date and time are still off (even after a reboot as well). Stuff for geeks shows the following:

archarm
    cpus[{"model":"ARMv7 Processor rev 10 (v7l)","speed":996,"times":{"user":2425600,"nice":260400,"sys":8576800,"idle":28979100,"irq":0}}]
    date2016-10-14T23:24:50.963Z
    date_dsttrue
    date_humanzaterdag 15de oktober 2016 01:24:50
    devmodefalse
    freemem151597056
    homey_version0.10.5
    hostnameHomey
  • Then doing what Bas advice you to do: mail to support@athom.com.

• Will do, thanx to the both of you!
  • For curiosity: what for time zone is giving Homey. It is on the bottom of the list.
    Looking to your date stamp I think GMT. 
  • timezoneEurope/Amsterdam
  • O, and then the wrong time? That's really wrong. :/
  • JeroenVollenbrock looked into it, but was never quite able to fix it. Every time I power off my Homey and power it on again, it's a surprise if the date and time on my Homey will be on time, or way, way off. Right now it's running on time...
    And yes, my timezone is also Europe/Amsterdam.

• Seems to be fixed in 0.10.7.
  • Are you sure? Like I said, for me sometimes Homey runs on time for a while, sometimes it doesn't. And I don't see anything about this in the release notes, so it's hard to say if it just runs on time by accident again, or if they actually fixed anything here...
  • On the the setting-page is the time OK but intern, in a flow, again behind. So 1 minute for now.
    This problem is already know from early this year.
  • really? I missed that issue and didn't notice it either... What is the best way to reproduce this?

• works at exact the time the news starts on the radio....
    edited October 2016
    A flow gives me on Sunday on a special time to make a phone call and that was to late.
    By changing the time in a later one I notice how many seconds.
    In the past a could see that way the change in the time shift. So it is still there.

EDIT
    If you do it the way here above the it is OK. In a flow still 55 seconds to late.

• Yeah, in my case, it appears to have been going right 'by accident' for a while. The issue definitely isn't fixed.
    Right now (21 November 2016, 18:35 CET), the time that my own Homey displays, is:
    date    2016-07-05T21:04:39.788Z
    date_human    Tuesday 5th July 2016 21:04:39

And I'm on firmware 1.01...
  • This looks like a discussion that could use an update.

I have exactly the flow from up here running, and it was fine for > half a year. Someone mentioned that in the evening it was irritating to hear the time every hour since it interferes with television.

I have tried to adjust the flow by excluding a time-frame during the evening. Besides that this did not work, there is a very strange behavior now. Home reports the time now 1 minute early.... So at 20:00 homey reports the "time is 19:59". This behavior is every hour now.

Changing back the flow as above does not make a difference. I'm really surprised, the time / report-time are somehow 1 minute off. In settings I notice that the time is really 1 minute off..

Anyone familiar with this behavior? Suggestions for corrections? 

• oliveolive Member
    RuudvB said:
    This looks like a discussion that could use an update.

I have exactly the flow from up here running, and it was fine for > half a year. Someone mentioned that in the evening it was irritating to hear the time every hour since it interferes with television.

I have tried to adjust the flow by excluding a time-frame during the evening. Besides that this did not work, there is a very strange behavior now. Home reports the time now 1 minute early.... So at 20:00 homey reports the "time is 19:59". This behavior is every hour now.

Changing back the flow as above does not make a difference. I'm really surprised, the time / report-time are somehow 1 minute off. In settings I notice that the time is really 1 minute off..

Anyone familiar with this behavior? Suggestions for corrections? 

Same problem here and i dont know why athom dont fix this small issue.
  • Aha, good to know that I'm not alone with this.
    is @Athom or @Annemarie reading this?

• casedacaseda Member
    edited March 2017
    It is not a small issue, it is an issue only a few people have. 

They have been trying to fix this issue ever since it was found a year ago, even causing another bug trying to fix it. 

Just because it's the date, doesn't mean it's a small issue. 

Working with Ntp (the service that makes sure homey is on time) can be a pain in the ass and have a few things that can interfere, like the users firewall, ISP blocking the signal, router being an ass.
    Only has to be short time when homey is booting. 

Manually updating your location in homey should trigger a "sync time" to the Ntp server.
  • Had issues here too for the past few days, seems homey doesn't recognise BST clock change and it took a location change to get it to sort the time. Even a restart didn't solve it.
  • caseda said:
    It is not a small issue, it is an issue only a few people have. 

They have been trying to fix this issue ever since it was found a year ago, even causing another bug trying to fix it. 

Just because it's the date, doesn't mean it's a small issue. 

Working with Ntp (the service that makes sure homey is on time) can be a pain in the ass and have a few things that can interfere, like the users firewall, ISP blocking the signal, router being an ass.
    Only has to be short time when homey is booting. 

Manually updating your location in homey should trigger a "sync time" to the Ntp server.
    I didn't realize this was such a complex and old issue. Have tried your suggestion, but compared to my Windows time, it is still 25 sec. off.

Strange thing is that I never experienced this behavior before, until fiddling with the hourly flow....
  • Here also, homey is 1 min. behind. Timezone Amsterdam.
  • phbphb Member
    report homey every hour is  17:59  instead of 18:00
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited March 2017
    just for the people that complain about having a minute or 2 difference,
    i have a tablet under my screens that is 90% of the time 1 to 2 minutes earlier then my computer's time

also have a tablet on the wall across the room, which has the time even up to 9 minutes! earlier.

they all are connected to the internet and use the same type of protocol to have the time "right"

just look at all your devices, and see if the time is right, on the second. can guarantee you that it is different, maybe not for 1 day, but look again tomorrow