This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

MOVE Kickstarter. They like Homey!

Comments

• Yeah I have my concerns about that for my situation, as I have a very large blind. Might it not also be possible to use two MOVES on one curtain/blind if it is too heavy? Then you would only need them to start at the same time so they can double their power. Then you only have the problem one would need to stop pulling earlier I don't know how to fix that issue. 
  • MarcoF said:
    Maybe someone can clarify. Does Homey support the bluetooth version or is only the zwave version to be supported? I Ordered 3 bluetooth Move's back in Jan thinking they would be supported by Homey....
    can anyone tell ?

This is very simple:
    For now it isn't supporting Move!, this becase;
    1. Move only shipped BT version and homey's BT is still dead. 
    2. Move's Zwave version is released at its earliest spring 2017.

Trello has a "athom is working on move app" card. So athom us working on a app. 
    The zwave version will probably support dimmer classes and so it's very easy to support it. 

So in short: yes Homey can support the bt version but needs to switch on their bt antenna somewhere in future and then it will work?
    Saw the questionairre coming through from Teptron reg zwave version, but somewhere mid 2017 will take a huge challenge on my patience. Currently already struggling with my patience on the  "Homey " project...
  • @mistercage ;
    Patient...... Its the keyword of this project. 
  • MarcoF said:
    @mistercage ;
    Patient...... Its the keyword of this project. 
    Will try to be as Zen as possible...... ;)
  • Did anyone else receive thier Move yet? I ordered 4 of them on Kickstarter to Germany and I am still waiting...
  • Still waiting....... (nl)
  • still waiting      :-(Belgium)
  • Still waiting for 6 of them. I contacted them by e-mail last week, answer was:

"We are 4 people and we have 10,000 motors to send out. Believe us we are doing our very best to ship out units but unfortunately it take some time since we can not focus only sending units.

We understand that each one of you want it directly and as I said before we working night and day to make everyone satisfied. It's hard for us to tell everyone an exact date but it will be in the near future.

Thank you for patience!"

• jjtbsomhorstjjtbsomhorst Member
    edited October 2016
    anyone already has them? I will receive them next wednesday ( I just got the T&T code). I'm very interested in how they work! 
  • Will receive them om Wednesday!! Finally after a long ,looong wait...
  • Just to give you a small impression
    Teptron Move close up
    Going down..
    Going up..
  • Someone making an Homey app allready? I would like to have MOVE's but only if Homey controls them!
  • I don't have my MOVE's yet and Homey Bluetooth documentation is not yet ready.... but I don't think it will be really hard to create an app. I'll sure look into it once all is ready because I want to do the same!

@jjtbsomhorst Nice, although going up has a weird click in it. By the way I love the view outside!
  • There must be something wrong with the chain in the first video.?
  • Nope it isn't as far as I can see. I have pulled the chain tight as possible. The problem is that the bals of the chain get stuck somehow in the wheel that drives it. I think this is because the chain is rather long and the curtain kinda huge as you can see in the other video's. 

I have asked Teptron if they have a solution for this because now the move sometimes fails to pull the curtain up. Going down is never an issue (due to that thing called gravity) 
  • The come with different wheels right?
    Sure hope they have a fix for u
  • Are you still able to open/close manually? Or would that damage the move?
  • I can't open and close it manually now because the motor of the move is fixed when not powered. As long as the move does it's job (which it does not currently) that won't be an issue. Lets hope Teptron reacts to my cry for help ;)
  • @jjtbsomhorst ; i see your blinds go up much faster than mine. 
    For me it takes up to 3 mins to completely go up( approx 220 cm). 
    I have  Roman blinds btw. 
    Also this annoying 'click' due to the little notches on the plastic wheel where these balls are somewhat locked in. Also the motor itself makes more noise then expected. 

I'm currently not quite happy with this product...:(
  • You can pull off the plastic wheel ?
    at least, I did...
    I can't open and close it manually now because the motor of the move is fixed when not powered. As long as the move does it's job (which it does not currently) that won't be an issue. Lets hope Teptron reacts to my cry for help ;)

• Maybe the little motor can't deal with bigger blinds...
    due to their weight perhaps?

Nope it isn't as far as I can see. I have pulled the chain tight as possible. The problem is that the bals of the chain get stuck somehow in the wheel that drives it. I think this is because the chain is rather long and the curtain kinda huge as you can see in the other video's. 

I have asked Teptron if they have a solution for this because now the move sometimes fails to pull the curtain up. Going down is never an issue (due to that thing called gravity) 

Nope it isn't as far as I can see. I have pulled the chain tight as possible. The problem is that the bals of the chain get stuck somehow in the wheel that drives it. I think this is because the chain is rather long and the curtain kinda huge as you can see in the other video's. 

6kg is the maximum amount they can handle according to teptron
  • I guess that is indeed the issue. And yes the motor makes noise but as long as it does not take ages to open/close the blinds I don't really care. I have to say that this product is great for most of my windows. I just ordered 2 extra.

6kg is the maximum amount they can handle according to teptron
    I don't think they can have 6 kg. Using a luggage weighter scale it needs approx 3 kg to lift the curtain. The Move sounds like it needs to pull 50 kg...it goes up.. but don't ask how..
  • I guess that is indeed the issue. And yes the motor makes noise but as long as it does not take ages to open/close the blinds I don't really care. I have to say that this product is great for most of my windows. I just ordered 2 extra.
    Good for you !!
    i still have my doubts. But then again, for 39 euros...what's to expect? You can't drive an expensive Audi A6 for just a small amount of cash. 
  • After some further testing today I have come to the conclusion that this solution doesn't solve my problems. The 6 kg is definately not what it can do. I tested it by hanging a 2 litre milk bottle to the chaincord of my blinds. Immediately it pulled up the blinds. Total weight of the bottle was approx 2,5 kg. 
    The engine wasn't able to do this and already had difficulty to pull it up from its starting position. 
    I therefore think that for roll up blinds and regular luxaflex it does the job perfectly but for my roman blinds( vouwgordijnen) its not powerful enough. At least for my sizes of blinds. 
    I'll wait for the response of Teptron and hear what might be the problem but If anyone is interested in my 3 Moves please send me a pm. 
  • vanillasskyvanillassky Member
    edited October 2016
    After some further testing today I have come to the conclusion that this solution doesn't solve my problems. The 6 kg is definately not what it can do. I tested it by hanging a 2 litre milk bottle to the chaincord of my blinds. Immediately it pulled up the blinds. Total weight of the bottle was approx 2,5 kg. 
    The engine wasn't able to do this and already had difficulty to pull it up from its starting position. 
    I therefore think that for roll up blinds and regular luxaflex it does the job perfectly but for my roman blinds( vouwgordijnen) its not powerful enough. At least for my sizes of blinds. 
    I'll wait for the response of Teptron and hear what might be the problem but If anyone is interested in my 3 Moves please send me a pm. 
    That is strange, did you check wheter the move was in the right position? Because I would imagine pulling up the cord from the wrong angle will increase the strength needed from the motor. It would be weird for teptron to claim they can handle 6kgs and that not being the case I would at least assume they tested that. Oh and just a thought, maybe the motor of the move will not have this 2,5 kilograms of pullling power equivalent of the milk bottle rightaway, but slightly increase power on the way up to make the process of pulling the cord and stop pulling as seamless as possible. If your blinds are over 6kg when weighed on a luggage scale, they are too heavy as I understood it. The pulling mechanism of your blinds could also be having some problems, my own used to be very heavy to pull, but when I slightly corrected the installation they went a lot smoother. 
  • After some further testing today I have come to the conclusion that this solution doesn't solve my problems. The 6 kg is definately not what it can do. I tested it by hanging a 2 litre milk bottle to the chaincord of my blinds. Immediately it pulled up the blinds. Total weight of the bottle was approx 2,5 kg. 
    That is strange, did you check wheter the move was in the right position? Because I would imagine pulling up the cord from the wrong angle will increase the strength needed from the motor. It would be weird for teptron to claim they can handle 6kgs and that not being the case I would at least assume they tested that. Oh and just a thought, maybe the motor of the move will not have this 2,5 kilograms of pullling power equivalent of the milk bottle rightaway, but slightly increase power on the way up to make the process of pulling the cord and stop pulling as seamless as possible. If your blinds are over 6kg when weighed on a luggage scale, they are too heavy as I understood it. The pulling mechanism of your blinds could also be having some problems, my own used to be very heavy to pull, but when I slightly corrected the installation they went a lot smoother. 
    Yup.

checked all that.
    angle is almost in one line with the blinds( vertical position) so perfect angle and no extra friction.

motor slowly starts up like a blender machine, so thats ok as well.
    its just that pwhen pulling up my blind it slowly starts and then starts to slow down and eventually even stops halfway. It takes i think at least 3:30/ 4 mins to pull up my biggest blind.
    my smallest blind takes up to 2:50 mins to completely be pulled up. 

Pulling up my blinds with a luggage weight scale is approx 2 kg, so in line with my full milk bottle.

• I just had a word with Teptron and what they could tell me is that the ticking is because the chain is not stretched enough. So I changed it a bit and now the ticking has gone away. Unfortunately the move is still unable to lift my biggest curtain up.