This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Complete Crash?

Just logged in and was not able to create a new flow because my devices were not showing... 

look what happend :/
[img]http://store3.imghost.eu/2016/10/21/2016-10-2110_40_20-HomeySettings.png[/img]

I'm on the 0.10.5 Beta
Going forward, would it be possible to get some triggers that look at the crashed apps?
e.g. if 60% of the apps has crashed perform a reboot ? (unless a reboot was done in the past 10 minutes )

Comments

• by clicking on the link i get the 404 error
  • satbopper said:
    by clicking on the link i get the 404 error
    You need to remove the img tag at the end
  • one thing you can do and set the pointer on the traffic signs  and see what the stacktrace shows and post it 
  • Nattelip said:
    one thing you can do and set the pointer on the traffic signs  and see what the stacktrace shows and post it 
    It just states "this app has crashed" 
  • NattelipNattelip Member
    edited October 2016
    that is not much, usually it shows the error in the log what makes the app crash there is not one with stack trace ?

• HTDHTD Member
    Same problem here al the apps had a triangle mark.
    Found out that this is because there is a new version witch is not automatic updated.
    Homey version 0.10.7 can be installed.
    After installing version 0.10.7 everything was working and OK again for me. 
  • edited October 2016
    Starting with 0.10.5, Homey now unloads all apps (without disableing them) before an update is downloaded. If something goes wrong while downloading the update, this apps remain unloaded. I'll create an issue to see what we can do about this.
  • HTD said:
    Found out that this is because there is a new version witch is not automatic updated.
    you mean you didnt had to reinstall your apps ?

• Starting with 0.10.5, Homey now unloads all apps (without disableing them) before an update is downloaded. If something goes wrong while downloading the update, this apps remain unloaded. I'll create an issue to see what we can do about this.
    Why does it do that before downloading the update?  Isn't the update just a (small) file that can directly be written to the flash while downloading?  I would imagine you first download the file to disk, and if that succeeds than unload apps so you have memory available to ''unzip' it and install it.
  • HTDHTD Member
    edited October 2016
    Nattelip said:
    HTD said:
    you mean you didnt had to reinstall your apps ?

No did no reinstall, after the update was installed and Homey was started all the apps were back and functioned like before.

• isnt it an idea to put this on github , other people who wants to update can also encounter this problem, then they know it is nothing to worry about