This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

What kind of setup/devices do you have?

It would be nice to know what kind of setup and devices everyone has. I just found some cheap motion sensor and wall plugs (like fibaro, except half the price) on alibaba. 

What kind of setup and devices do you have at home?

Comments

• EternityEternity Member
    edited October 2016
    Perhaps adding it to your signature, would be a better idea, than posting it here once. People tend to add and remove stuff to their setup, and that would not be updated in a post...
  • scocz said:
    It would be nice to know what kind of setup and devices everyone has. I just found some cheap motion sensor and wall plugs (like fibaro, except half the price) on alibaba. 

What kind of setup and devices do you have at home?

What are your experiences with it? And do you have a link?
  • edited October 2016
    Here at home I have:
    - 3 Fibaro Dimmers (v2)
    - 2 Fibaro Motion Sensors (v2)
    - 2 Fibaro Sockets
    - 1 Aeotec Socket (haven't installed this one yet, but should be possible)
    - 1 PhilioTech 4:1 door-motion sensor
    - Philips Hue
    - Kodi
    - Heatmiser (thermostats)
    - Logitech Harmony Hub
    - Home Easy (3x socket, 1x dimmer, but not connected to Homey yet :neutral: )

Currently I use 2 dimmers for the main living room lights. These turn on if the lux in the room turns low enough and one of the motion sensors detect movement and stay on for 10 minutes (after last motion detected). The same for the Hue lights in the living room, only these turn on a little bit earlier.

The PhilioTech is connected to the front door and turns on the lights in the hallway when somebody enters (through the door or by movement) and the lux is low enough.

I use the two Fibaro Sockets to report the status of my Dryer and Washing Machine to send me a push notification when they are finished (by measuring the power they use (after spike in power, and then drop to +/- 1, then send push notification).

The Harmony Hub is connected, but I want to be able to toggle lights based on activity switch. My new plan is to add an IR device to Homey and to my Harmony Hub so that my Harmony Hub sends an IR signal to my Homey when a scene is activated (e.g. button press 1 for scene " watching movie " and then " power off " when activity stops). But have tried to get this working but the I think the IR signal is not strong enough of my Harmony Hub (and the two connected extenders).

All programmed in 16 flows total :smile: 

• The Harmony Hub is connected, but I want to be able to toggle lights based on activity switch. My new plan is to add an IR device to Homey and to my Harmony Hub so that my Harmony Hub sends an IR signal to my Homey when a scene is activated (e.g. button press 1 for scene " watching movie " and then " power off " when activity stops). But have tried to get this working but the I think the IR signal is not strong enough of my Harmony Hub (and the two connected extenders).
    The Harmony setup should be implemented in an update. The trigger is not available yet, but will be in the future, so I read. So, IF an activity started THAN ..... (switch lights, start Hue scene...)
  • Only KaKu stuff what can switched 28 devices.
    Here is 1 dimmer, 1 power and 1 sunshade unit in.
    The garden used the most of it but not al is really in use because works in the garden.