This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Homey v0.10.5

edited October 2016 in Archive
Homey v0.10.5 has been released to the experimental channel. This release is scheduled to become the new stable version tomorrow.

Changelog:
  • Added Flow conditions for sensor devices with a boolean capability
  • Added support for 'Controlled' Z-Wave Command Classes
  • Added support for Z-Wave 'Variant Groups'
  • Fixed a bug where some Z-Wave Command Classes wouldn't be parsed correctly
  • Fixed a bug where the Z-Wave chip would become unresponsive after changing a region
  • Fixed a bug where Z-Wave default configuration values would not get applied
  • Fixed a bug where updates could not be installed due to a 'extractpath_not_writable' error (this update may still show the error)
  • Fixed a bug where the geolocation would be `null`
  • Reduced stuttering
  • Various minor improvements

Comments

• Waiting for the stable to come.
    Hopefully is the bug to switch to the Dutch language also fixed, all shall I then missed Amy's voice. 

• Added support for 'Controlled' Z-Wave Command Classes
    Means this my Danfoss Valve App is coming soon?
  • as you said earlier extractpath_not_writable' error (this update may still show the error)
    i had to reboot homey first and then the update went ok

• satbopper said:
    as you said earlier extractpath_not_writable' error (this update may still show the error)
    i had to reboot homey first and then the update went ok

Reboot helps some times, if not disable some apps.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2016
    some awesome Z-Wave love in this update :heart: 

Point that is not in the changelog:
    - Add support Wake-Up interval for Z-wave (battery) devices
  • still after every update my z-wave devices are not funtioning 100 % for instance devices like the fibaro smoke and motion,the battery indication is not displaying,even after a wake up
    i have to pair them again to display the battery indication

• casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2016
    @satbopper ;;
    that's because the sensors don't send their battery level when homey boots, only when you wake it up manually or when it wakes up on its interval
  • no even if you wake them up manually i get only rookmelder =nee and hittealarm=nee
  • then that is not something the app or homey can do about, the command is properly used and inserted.
    might been fixed inside the sensors with a firmware update.
  • I have the same with my 3 non-plus sensors.
    It's like Homey 'forgets' the last setting when it hasn't received any updates for that part for some time.
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited October 2016
    Fire69 said:
    I have the same with my 3 non-plus sensors.
    It's like Homey 'forgets' the last setting when it hasn't received any updates for that part for some time.
    Haven't updated from 0.10.3 yet but this also happens with the zwave+ version of the fibaro motion sensor. I have only seen battery level once after the initial pair with Homey. Wake ups don't change this.

Might even explain why the Greenwave powernode 6 stopped reporting the current power usage (measure_power) after 0.10.x.
  • @Peao that actually means that scene activation has been implemented now, thermostat was already possible (see more in the official threat)
  • Phuturist said:
    Fire69 said:
    I have the same with my 3 non-plus sensors.
    Haven't updated from 0.10.3 yet but this also happens with the zwave+ version of the fibaro motion sensor. I have only seen battery level once after the initial pair with Homey. Wake ups don't change this.

Might even explain why the Greenwave powernode 6 stopped reporting the current power usage (measure_power) after 0.10.x.
    Yup, battery level information for a Fibaro Motion Sensor + is a one time (post-pairing) luxury and then it changes into "-".
  • Helaas de KAKU ASUN 650 werkt wederom niet :(
  • PeterNijenbrink 
    That's odd. In 0.10.3 worked here. It is remote paired form a AYCT-102.
  • @TheoDeKoning Maar met de ATMT-502 werkt het niet! De ander heb ik niet geprobeerd zal ik eens doen! 

• PeterNijenbrink  "En die staat niet op de kaart" o:)

Is not in the list.
  • edited October 2016
    @TheoDeKoning Ik heb hem inderdaad op de ontvanger zelf geprobeerd en dat werkte niet. Nu met deze zender inderdaad wel! Dank je 
    Helaas te vroeg: Bij de 2de ASUN650 werkt het niet. Dan gaan de lampen aan en uit ipv de rolluik! 
  • From a distends I can't see what you exact doing.  ;)
    If there lamps going on and off there is something wrong with the pairing.

My remote was a backup for in the garden. For normal use is there a wall-switch.
  • caseda said:
    some awesome Z-Wave love in this update :heart: 

Point that is not in the changelog:
    - Add support Wake-Up interval for Z-wave (battery) devices
    What is the best to put in here?
    For battery life that is. Is there a standard?
    Mine was set at 900.
  • edited October 2016
    Great update! I do have a question: Where did my 20+ flows go?

• Is this direct after the update or PTP.

• edited October 2016
    ok, sequence is:
    1. ptp reason: Homey was bricked (1 time ever)
    2. after ptp, update to v0.10.5
    3. update succeeded 
    4. asis: no flows

• casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2016
    @Rocodamelshe
    the best for battery life is maximum amount of seconds of course, even though your device will then only wake-up once in 2 weeks or so.

all jokes aside, in most cases the factory default is about the good time with efficiency<->battery life, for some it's better to put a little lower (wakes up sooner) for some it's better to put it higher. (just not that often the case).
    Just a little trial and error, if you don't find the value is proper, change it.
  • TheoDeKoningTheoDeKoning Member
    edited October 2016
    @hnijveen Have you had flows trigger by speech. If so if you trigger one now is there the expected reaction.
    There is the mystery of hidden flows.

Edit
    After searching I found that should have fix it in the 0.10.5 now.

• caseda said:
    @Rocodamelshe
    the best for battery life is maximum amount of seconds of course, even though your device will then only wake-up once in 2 weeks or so.

all jokes aside, in most cases the factory default is about the good time with efficiency<->battery life, for some it's better to put a little lower (wakes up sooner) for some it's better to put it higher. (just not that often the case).
    Just a little trial and error, if you don't find the value is proper, change it.
    Thnx. But 900 is not factory default aye?
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2016
    @Rocodamelshe ;;
    i don't know which device you're talking about, it's different for a lot of devices.
    But it seems there is a "bug", the default specified in homey when nothing is set, is 900, which is kinda low for a lot of devices, already notified emile about it.
  • Installed 0.10.5 and here are my findings so far:

• Installation was smooth (no errors or extra reboots needed)
    • The new flow conditions for boolean devices are nice and allow for some extra logic in flows
    • Have not been able to reproduce the voice stuttering yet but it's too early to tell if its gone
    • Since 0.10.3 my zwave chip only crashed/became unresponsive about every 3 days, it's to early to tell if this has been improved even more
    • Upon reboot Homey doesnt know the state from my Greenwave powernode sockets. Sockets that are actually on are showed as off. I would think Homey would poll these devices on initial boot to get the status. Not sure if it will start to show the correct state if I wait for my polling frequency time to pass as I always set them correctly after a boot.
    • The measure power capability for the Greenwave Powernode 6 has broken since 0.10.x and has not been fixed in this release meaning I cant use my flows that depend on this (see GitHub: https://github.com/athombv/com.greenwavesystems/issues/10 )
  • Aha, thnx!
  • JonJon Member
    How about Somfy pairing issues, @JeroenVollenbrock is that fixed in .5 ?
This discussion has been closed.