This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

How-To - Aeotec MultiSensor 6

Comments

• My simple thougt would be create more booleans !!!

Flow 1, if Lux change and lux  > -0 and Lux <10 Turn boolean "Lux Dark" to true

Flow 2, if Lux change and lux > 10 Turn boolean "Lux Dark" to false

Flow 3, if Lux change and lux > 10 Turn boolean "Lux between" to true

Flow 4, if Lux change and lux < 30 Turn boolean "Lux between" to false

Now you have your variables for dark and a little bit dark

So

Flow 5 If "Lux Dark" changes and "Lux Dark"= True, Turn on lights

Flow 6 if "Lux Dark" changes and "Lux Dark" = False, Turn off lights

Flow 7 if "Lux between" changes and "Lux between" = True, Turn on lights

Flow 8 if "Lux between" changes and "Lux between" = False, Turn off lights

Instat of turning on lights you coould allso turn a Boolean, with a own flow to it.

Just my toughts, hope it helps.

• EternityEternity Member
    edited October 2016
    Thanks @ThijsDeJong ;
    Eight flows.....haha

Once entered I can just forget about them. I will give it a try, thanks again!

PS
    In "blocky" this would have been a breeze ;-)
  • @ericjanvanputten I have lux updates every 3 minutes (association goup 1 interval: 180). But make sure to also set the lux change to a low value. I have it set to 5 in the bathroom, were the measured difference between lights on and off is only about 10 - 15 lux. If lux doesn't change with a value higher than this setting it doesn't report!
  • My simple thougt would be create more booleans !!!

Flow 1, if Lux change and lux  > -0 and Lux <10 Turn boolean "Lux Dark" to true

Flow 2, if Lux change and lux > 10 Turn boolean "Lux Dark" to false

Flow 3, if Lux change and lux > 10 Turn boolean "Lux between" to true

Flow 4, if Lux change and lux < 30 Turn boolean "Lux between" to false

Now you have your variables for dark and a little bit dark

So

Flow 5 If "Lux Dark" changes and "Lux Dark"= True, Turn on lights

Flow 6 if "Lux Dark" changes and "Lux Dark" = False, Turn off lights

Flow 7 if "Lux between" changes and "Lux between" = True, Turn on lights

Flow 8 if "Lux between" changes and "Lux between" = False, Turn off lights

Instat of turning on lights you coould allso turn a Boolean, with a own flow to it.

Just my toughts, hope it helps.

Just a quick add: 2 and 3 can be in 1 flow?
  • No, I don't think so, because you can't have two difrent executions on two variables

• Hmmm, so this is not possible?

lux.png 104.4K
  • Maybe with a timer with a few seconds delay on the last card?
  • With the test button it works, without delay.

lux1.png 135.1K
  • why wouldn't you be able to change 2 variables at the same time, that's some weird idea your trying to plant here.. scripts don't just overwrite each other if you thought that would happen.
  • TheoDeKoningTheoDeKoning Member
    edited October 2016
    Rocodamelshe
    Can you see with the test of the two boolean have changed. Then it is OK.

• My bad. I mis read the question. I thought you wanted it to change the same variable to true or false, depending on the way the lux changed in one flow. Excuse me
  • @ericjanvanputten is the sensor usb powered? then it should work. If it's battery operated we will have to wait until z-wave wakeup timers are omplemented, @emile showed a screenshot of it on slack, so I expect it to be in 0.10.4
    Yeah on USB and it seems to work, but not always or very stable... sometimes there are time periods nothing is reported/not show in insights. Not sure why. 
    The plan is though to also have battery powered versions that need to give lux on a regular (every 15 min?) base. 
  • msmitsmsmits Member
    edited October 2016
    Hi Guys!

Struggled the whole day with my Aeotec MS6. 

First only the motion did work, the rest of the values updated once.. and after that anymore.

Now ive got the rest working, but now my motion isnt working anymore..

Any advice/ suggestions? 

edit: aaaaaaand it's working again.
    Didn't changed anything.. Strange issue.

edit:  and again, not working..  it works for a couple of hours, then it stops. This is very annoying.. 

You guys dont have any of these problems? Otherwise there might be something wrong with the sensor itself? 
  • So as said earlier here is an example of the intervals between receiving data. 

config set to receive every 300 seconds, 5,1,2 raw value and some default treshold settings.

any idea? :) 

• The luminance logging seems ok, other that it doesn't start at the same time as the temperature. For temperature the interval seems to long, but it will only log a point when a value differs from a previous value. Can you check this by hovering your mouse over the datapoints and compare the values?
    humidity is also started later and displays wrong because of the graph type, smoothed lines are buggy, try the jigsaw type.
  • The luminance logging seems ok, other that it doesn't start at the same time as the temperature. For temperature the interval seems to long, but it will only log a point when a value differs from a previous value. Can you check this by hovering your mouse over the datapoints and compare the values?
    humidity is also started later and displays wrong because of the graph type, smoothed lines are buggy, try the jigsaw type.

yeah values seem to be different everytime.
    the gap seems to be related to the 1 day view - and no change probably - if i do 2 days there are no gaps.

Not sure how to do the jigsaw type reporting
  • Hover with your mouse left from the dots when Luminance is displayed and choose the desired graph type. The one on the top is what I was referring to as the jigsaw type.
  • Hover with your mouse left from the dots when Luminance is displayed and choose the desired graph type. The one on the top is what I was referring to as the jigsaw type.

found it - seems to work pretty well. :)
  • i installed the multisensor 6 and it works like a charm but is the battery information reliable ?
    New batteries installed in the sensor and after pairing the amount is 89 %

• edited November 2016
    So we just installed homey with 2 fibaro dimmer 2's and a multi 6 to activate these lamps in the bathroom (+1 floor from homey's location) 

And although it seems to work, it doesnt seem to work quick enough. It takes a couple of seconds (3-4) before it activates the lamps which by then feels odd. 

The wanted behavior would be the moment (1 sec delay would be acceptable)  the door opens (to which the multi 6 is aimed towards (roughly 1.5m away from the door) it switches the lamps on.

anyone any idea how to potentially speed this up?

addon - as a test i placed the homey in the bathroom well within 1 meter of the devices - seemed to help. more testing is needed though. 
    addon2 - when switching the dimmer 2 on in homey (manually) it reacts almost instantly. So i'm suspecting the multisensor. 
    edited November 2016
    I have Aeotec sensors that switch on lights if motion is detected. The one in the hallway is approx. 3 meters from Homy an switches almost instantly. The one in the bathroom is 4 meters from Homey and can take up to a minute (!) to trigger the light. Strange thing is, it sometimes is reasonably fast and sometime very slow....

Al sensors are USB powered btw
  • Strange, I have an almost similar setup, switches instead of dimmers, but my lights switch on almost immediatly, on the first floor, in the opposite corners of the house (wooden floor though)
  • edited November 2016
    well i can make it even more interesting:

The flow is there to activate 2 dimmer 2's, but now it manages to somehow quickly flick 1 of them on and off at the same time...but 1 stays on :S but its not always the same sweat 

I think i need to work on the settings of the dimmers also because for some reason on the toggle/pulse switch it takes up to several 'on' tries before the light actually switches on... WAF factor is running low very quickly this way...

starting to consider to try domoticz :(
  • Hmm crowded zwave spectrum? I'd try switching just one with the motion sensor and the other one on a change of status of the first one. No idea if it helps, but that would serialize the radio transmission so if that is the issue it might improve your use case. 
  • Hmm crowded zwave spectrum? I'd try switching just one with the motion sensor and the other one on a change of status of the first one. No idea if it helps, but that would serialize the radio transmission so if that is the issue it might improve your use case. 

Well could be but with 1 sensor 6 and 2 dimmers I hope its not to crowded :sweat: :) 

this seem to be the settings of the dimmer 2s. maybe one of you guys can check it out? 

• Hi, 

How come you can't choose lux (helderheid) in the "and" colom ?
    i want a flow with motion sensor as a trigger and if lux is .... than set light to ...

Or haven't i had enough coffee yet?
    edited December 2016
    Save the lux value in a variable:

• Eternity said:
    Save the lux value in a variable:

Yeah i have been looking at the better logic app/forum for hours now but i don't get how it works.
    Also can't find a wiki or good examples how to set it up. 

When i try to save the lux as a variable i can't put the "Lux token" in the "numbers variable" 
    i can put it in the "string variable"  (as mentioned in the better logic forum) i can not select it in the "less then" flow card.

im verry confused now.