This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Triggering flow in a flow...

I made a flow to shut somfy curtains (with first asking me if I want to), it works perfectly, but when I put this flow in my flow to switch on TV, it doesn't work...  (some the plan was, if I ask to switch on TV, that Homey asks me if i want to close the curtains ..)

Comments

• You probably used this?

If so, that's not what it's for :)
    This enables/disables a flow (as in, it checks or unchecks it if you look at your list of flows)

You will need to use another way, like with a variable probably.
  • :D Explain yourself, u lost me there, i'm a noob u see...

• HisedaseHisedase Member
    edited October 2016

So let's say if i start my "TV on flow", i want homey to ask me if i want to close te curtains....

• You see the checkmarks next to the flows?
    I disabled one (TV Kijken).  So this flow won't run anymore.
    If you use the 'Activeer een flow' card and select the 'TV Kijken' flow, it would be enabled again and so if the correct condition is triggered it will run.
    So you can't use the 'Activeer een flow' card for what you're trying to do :)

In your case (and most cases actually) working with variables is a better and more flexible way of doing things.
    I advise you to install the Better Logic app.  There you can create a boolean variable (for example call it somfy).

Adapt your Somfly flow to check for this variable. If variable set to True, close curtains.
    Here is an example flow I use:

If variable sunset changes and is set to true, AND movie is false, than set another variable (that turns on my mood lights)

In your case, you can then use your somfy variable in your TV flow. This will then start your somfy flow :)
  • Ok thx, i try this later on when i'm home

• Ok did'nt test it yet, but i made a flow like this:

Value changes when i trigger "Watch TV" flow

So this should be working I guess  :)

• Yes, that should work.
    What type of variable did you use?
  • Boolean, but its a separate flow, so i thought if the value changes either way, the question maybe asked, right ?
  • You can also use 'speach' to 'emulate speach' that triggers the flow of your choosing.
  • Are there advantages to the emulate speech ?
  • Hisedase said:
    Boolean, but its a separate flow, so i thought if the value changes either way, the question maybe asked, right ?
    It should.
    Was only asking to see if you could use the variable to easily open your curtains also if you set it to False :)

You can also use 'speach' to 'emulate speach' that triggers the flow of your choosing.
    True, but in most cases a variable is more logical IMO.
  • Fire69 said:
    Hisedase said:
    Boolean, but its a separate flow, so i thought if the value changes either way, the question maybe asked, right ?
    It should.
    Was only asking to see if you could use the variable to easily open your curtains also if you set it to False :)

You can also use 'speach' to 'emulate speach' that triggers the flow of your choosing.
    True, but in most cases a variable is more logical IMO.

I'll check for you Fire69, but i'm not at home now, as soon as I know, I'll let you know here.

• Hisedase said:

I'll check for you Fire69, but i'm not at home now, as soon as I know, I'll let you know here.

I wasn't asking for me, just checking for you if you could use it for some extra functionality  ;)
  • ;) Kay   I see what you mean
  • Is not working BTW   :)
  • Can you post some screenshots? 
  • I changed some settings, but can't test it till this evening, I'll try that first, and let u know ;)

• WathLamersWathLamers Member
    edited January 2017
    Fire69 said:
    You probably used this?

If so, that's not what it's for :)
    This enables/disables a flow (as in, it checks or unchecks it if you look at your list of flows)

You will need to use another way, like with a variable probably.
    this was the solution fire.
    I knew it from the start but the cards are so confusing that i made the same mistake over and over.
    just did not see it.
    now i find it       thanks

• I have to agree that the Dutch descriptions "Schakel een flow in" and "Activeer een flow" are very confusing as in fact they mean exactly the same thing... It would be much less confusing when "Activeer een flow" would be changed to "Start een flow" or, like in English "Trigger een flow".