This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

Official Homey iOS App discussion topic

Comments

• I agree! that would be a great update!
  • Geofencing would be totally awesome! Really waiting for it.
  • If I change the status of a device (on my.athom.com) it doesn't get updated in the app.

For instance:
    I switched a promax socket on (in my.athom.com) and it shows off in the iOS app.
  • For now I use ifttt for geofencing but  the presence on homey does not working. I hope they update that as well 
  • Ios 10.3, homey 0.10.3 homey paired but i can't see anything, empty page, is it normal?
  • Ptp and now i can see the voice and the room.. but no device..maybe i have to move them into a specific room
  • @superice could you give us an updat on the geofencing for iOS?
  • @superice yes please
  • hey, please. the ios app needs some more attention here :-)
  • superice said:
    2Be said:
    Pakacom said:
    Is there already news about the presence detection for iOS?
    We have been waiting so long for this.

Yeah @superice ;
    Could you give us some more info on the progress of the iOS app or have you been working on other Homey related projects?
    Working on geofencing for iOS right now, if all goes according to plan I expect an update either end of this week, or begin next week :)
    So is there any news?
  • Also waiting for an update, app is very basic right now.
  • In the end, the Athom team are also marketeers, the iOS and Android app aren't looking like the advertised image, not even close....

• Even though I respect the fact you guys have improved the firmware of Homey quite a lot, it's still a shame that during the Kickstarter phase, things were projected nicer than they are today.

The iPhone app truly has hideous user experience. Extending the capabilities to for instance (finally) use the Presence option would already make a big difference. This is existing technology that you can easily leverage...
  • A nice add-on to the iOS would be widget integration so I'll be able to execute specific flows through the widget screen of my iPhone. Speaking of that; executing specific flows through the Homey app at all without having to trigger it through some kind of sensor would be nice.

Looking forward to geofencing in the app as well!
  • jovink said:
    So what's next? Change the sounds? For fire alarm the sound of a fire sirene?

I agree with this, pretty easy integration. Push gives now the 'default' sound, which i can't change. It doesn't the same as many other apps. Perhaps integrate some custom sounds, just like whatsapp has in their settings. I really missing the sound of an doorbell, right now i use a third party push app to get a custom sound, but i should be using the app from Athom..
  • Agree, but nice marketing, huh? :(

Perhaps the dev has left?
  • superice said:
    2Be said:
    Pakacom said:
    Is there already news about the presence detection for iOS?
    We have been waiting so long for this.

Yeah @superice ;
    Could you give us some more info on the progress of the iOS app or have you been working on other Homey related projects?
    Working on geofencing for iOS right now, if all goes according to plan I expect an update either end of this week, or begin next week :)
    @superice ;

Could you provide us with an update?
  • I know some have said here about using IFTTT as an interim replacement, but I find that quite unreliable. There is also LIFTTT.

For some time I have used the life 360 which also integrates with IFTTT and is more responsive, also with other handy features like history tracking.  but it only allows 2 geofences for free.

But for the purposes of automation I use Locative. Its free, can use ibeacons as well as geo, and allows unlimited locations with a webhook trigger for entry and exit. Another paid one is proximity events which allows some more funky geo intelligence and webhooks.

So for homey I have set up a trio of variables. One tracking my wife's presence, one mine and one for if anyone is home. Locative triggers flows to set the away and home state of each individual for the "home" geofence, and another flow reacts to those variable changes and if both are home or both are away, sets the anyone home variable accordingly.  Those variables can then be used in other flows to track presence at home.

in addition I have other flows like arriving at work sends a push and announcement at home so she knows I'm there safe.  Also if I park the car it sends me a reminder until I pay and receive the email receipt (because I forgot to pay 4 times @£100 each!).

Hope that was useful for someone!  Shouldn't have to go to this effort just to know if someone is home though.  It's a real shame there is no home/away/holiday/nighttime etc global state settings like most other hubs.

• Like to suggest  notification options for the app/homey.

- Notify when a new version of an installed app is available or installed 
    - Notify when a new firmware is available or installed. 
  • spoelly said:
    Like to suggest  notification options for the app/homey.

- Notify when a new version of an installed app is available or installed 
    - Notify when a new firmware is available or installed. 
    Guess both apps should eventually use the same notification system as Homey!
  • edited October 2016
    After 3 weeks with statements it will be released end of this week, what happened?
  • edited October 2016
    One of the most wanted features is presence & geo fencing. Presence can be addressed in a couple of ways, but do check the app: 

Smart Presence

• parody said:
    I know some have said here about using IFTTT as an interim replacement, but I find that quite unreliable. There is also LIFTTT.

For some time I have used the life 360 which also integrates with IFTTT and is more responsive, also with other handy features like history tracking.  but it only allows 2 geofences for free.

But for the purposes of automation I use Locative. Its free, can use ibeacons as well as geo, and allows unlimited locations with a webhook trigger for entry and exit. Another paid one is proximity events which allows some more funky geo intelligence and webhooks.

So for homey I have set up a trio of variables. One tracking my wife's presence, one mine and one for if anyone is home. Locative triggers flows to set the away and home state of each individual for the "home" geofence, and another flow reacts to those variable changes and if both are home or both are away, sets the anyone home variable accordingly.  Those variables can then be used in other flows to track presence at home.

in addition I have other flows like arriving at work sends a push and announcement at home so she knows I'm there safe.  Also if I park the car it sends me a reminder until I pay and receive the email receipt (because I forgot to pay 4 times @£100 each!).

Hope that was useful for someone!  Shouldn't have to go to this effort just to know if someone is home though.  It's a real shame there is no home/away/holiday/nighttime etc global state settings like most other hubs.

Just downloaded locative, had some ibecons. But how do I make a trigger? :smiley: 
  • It's very quiet here! Still no update. 
  • @Annemarie or @superice ;can you tell us someting new about developing of the (iOS) app??
    The last update is more than 2 months ago.
  • AnnemarieAnnemarie Member
    edited October 2016
    We are working on a new version of the iOS App and it's almost ready, but at this moment it's not possible to give you an ETA. 
  • Annemarie said:
    We are working on a new version of the iOS App and it's almost ready, but for this moment it's not possible to give you an ETA. 

ETA = Soon tm <3
  • Annemarie said:
    We are working on a new version of the iOS App and it's almost ready, but for this moment it's not possible to give you an ETA. 

ETA = Soon tm <3
    </Madonna mode on>
    Time goes by, so slowly...
    <Madonna mode off>

• hope it will be compatible with ios11 :D
  • I'll be trying home detection in about 25 minutes, depending on traffic....  :/