This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Not lmpressed

I've just received my Homey, it has taken me 1hr to get it to connect to my wifi , and as I write this it is still updating after 2 hrs unless I've got a faulty unit or its bugy as hell.

Comments

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited October 2016
    Connecting newer devices to wifi can be a real pain, not just for Homey. Glad you got that to work... Athom is working on further improving the wifi-installation...

Still updating? Which color does the ledring have? As for buggy as hell, read through the forums. It works for (as good as...) everyone... Just takes some getting used to. And finally:

• It locked up my wifi, I had to re-set it, I'm now trying to add my hue lights, it says to add items but doesn't show what to add. I've asked it what the weather is like tomorrow and it doesn't respond, I think this thing is a load of crap. Not fit for purpose, 
  • Here we go again...

- It's beta, look at the screenshot @BasVanDenBosch posted
    - It doesn't respond to that weather question if you don't install a weather app!

Please, please, please... before you come complaining here, first have a look around, try something yourself.  It's not that hard...  :/
  • Then smash it
  • Thanks fire69 it's just frustrating 
  • Roderz said:
    Thanks fire69 it's just frustrating 
    Your new, we all went through what you are experiencing now. I have some frustration as well with things which doesnt work like I want to. But, don't buy a product which is in a testing fase.
  • Roderz said:
    Thanks fire69 it's just frustrating 
    It's as frustrating as you want it to be :)
    I'm afraid most new users receive their Homey thinking it's a nicely polished, completed fully functioning device.
    It's not (yet), get used to it for now :)

Lot's of us here (Kickstarter backers) have been playing around with it for months and just now most things are starting to work as expected.
    So have a little patience, they'll get there and then so will you :)
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited October 2016
    If I understand correctly @Tangai is now rather with Homey... Also this doesn't help for new users...
  • Also this doesn't help for new users...
    Why do you think this is not going to help new users when the read this. May bey they understand there is more to it than just send a signal to a receiver.
    I think you know what can cause problems, but for others.
    Thunderstorm, replacing our window glas in to HR++ with Argon gas, placing a receiver nearby your pond filter which has a UV light in it, one of your neighbors becoming a transmitting amateur etc.

Not only people who are working with a domestica system, but also people who are only using a KaKu set, Aldi or what for system, they can experience the same problems.

What I mean, don't blame your domestica system but look for other interference's as well.
  • Reading that helps new users but the working of and experiences with KaKu won't help. ;)  Homey gets the blame for a system with limitations or external influences...
  • That's what I ment, don't blame your domestica (homey) at first. 
  • Does anybody else have trouble with the web homey manager, I'm trying to add hue, netatmo & nest apps, it says add devices and doesn't show them, the only thing my homey does is tell me the date and time, is there an idiots guide on how to program my homey properly ?
  • Add blocker active?
  • I'm. Getting used to it now, when I get the add device question I go to the app on my iPad and the devices appear, now I can tell homey to switch on and off lights, but doesn't always recognise what I'm saying
  • RocodamelsheRocodamelshe Member
    edited October 2016
    Go to http://<<HomeyIP>>/manager/speech-input
    U can see what Homey thinks u said.
    And use Chrome, not the Chrome on ur ipad.