This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

KLIK AAN KLIK UIT major failure modules went into brick status

I hope to get some reactions on the experience which I experience last sunday. I have the HOMEY since 23 th of september after following since 1 yesr all developments since the start of the kickstarter project.

I started with the software version 10.01 and everything went okay. I could connect the mayor part of all my KlIK AAN KLIK UIT modules and switches. We have a 3 floor house and everything is controlled by KLIK AAN KLIK UIT MODULES (in total we have 30 KLIK AAN KLICK UIT modules in our house since 2006)

End of september I have putted all modules in the HOMEY for the 2th Floor this went all good. Yesterday I started again with programming flows of KLIK AAN KLIK UIT in the HOMEY and I saw that the version was upgraded to 10.03. During the controlling of the flows I noticed that my outlet ACD-1000 was not working so I tried to pair them again with the Homey but without succes.

In some of the discussions I noticed that more HOMEY users had those problems. But then something strange happened. The major part of my modules on the first floor and second floor stopped responding. The were not responding anymore. Not on commands by HOMEY and not by the original KLIK AAN KLIK uit remote swithches. I tried to pair them and nothing was working. 

I disconnected HOMEY (removed the power from HOMEY) and tried to pair the KLIK AAN KLIK UIT modules with the switches and nothing was working anymore. I resetted the KLIK AAN KLIK UIT modules and tried to pair them again and nothing happened. Since then 15 modules of KLIK AAN KLIK uit cannot be paired anymore even not with the original KLIK AAN KLIK UIT remote switches.

I am using KLIK AAN KLIK UIT since 10 years and I have never experienced this before. It seems that somehow a Major part of my modules from KLIK AAN AND KLIK UIT have become bricks. Or for example with the SUNSCREEN module I can get the sunscreen out but the command for getting it in is not working anymore and I cannot pair them anymore (pairing with original KLIK AAN KLIK UIT remote control)

Could somebody explain  to me what the cause is. Most of the modules are not older then 3 years (I replaced three years ago most of them with new modules) I have in the 10 years experience with KLIK AAN KLIK UIT never had this problem. 

The strange thing is that this all happened 10 minutes after I tried to pair the ACD-1000 outlet with the HOMEY. Has somebody else had the same problem. I am reaqlly desperate because I am afraid that I have to replace the major part of all remotes swithes and modules from KLIK AAN KLIK UIT and that is costing a lot of money.

I am curious about the reactions.

Regards,

Comments

• Klikaanklikuit is oneway communication. Homey could never damage a device. 
    Are the batteries of your remote still full? (i know its a lame question :smile:  )

• you can reset your acd module with the remote by pushing the G button while pushing the acd-1000 in the 220V contact.
  • Here I have started all over with version 0.10.3 and erased data.
    There was no problem to pair the ACD-1000 outlet again. Mostly by remote pairing.

Can you for testing pairing one of them near by your Homey.
    If that is working make then a flow that have a trigger with interval of 5 seconds.
    The action is 2 in cards.
    1) An card on direct.
    2) An card off with a delay of 3 sec.

If your start this flow you can walk around and testing it in al your rooms.

Don't forget to stop this flow after used it. Even better is to tick it off.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    On 8 October I had some interferences to the 433 stuff.
    A double wall switch was not working at all, with real pairing to the sockets.
    Even the KaKu ICS-1000 could sometimes not reached those sockets.

After taking it of the wall I could use it a little bit better.
    The day after, it gone again better and better and could it in the afternoon putting back on the wall.
    Also the rest of the little problems where gone.

In the futures we have to take in count the possibilities to interferences on those frequencies.
    You have to have a manual backup for important cases.

Are the batteries of your remote still full? (i know its a lame question smile  )

On the first floor there are 4 KLIK AAN KLIK UIT (AWST-8802) switches and they all stopped working at the same time (strange when all batteries were empty at the same time). I had new new batteries and also that was not working.

I know it is strange that is why I was so suprised
    Are the batteries of your remote still full? (i know its a lame question smile  )

On the first floor there are 4 KLIK AAN KLIK UIT (AWST-8802) switches and they all stopped working at the same time (strange when all batteries were empty at the same time). I had new new batteries and also that was not working.

I know it is strange that is why I was so suprised
  • Of course another possibility is that some device is overflowing the 433 band... Don't know whether it's Homey, you could try the remotes when Homey is off and see if that works. Otherwise try the other devices (especially the sending ones) one by one.
  • I still don't know what happened but it keeps strange. I know the CaCu (KLIKAAN KLIK UIT) is a one way communication and the 433 MHz signal could be disturbed easily. But still what had happened yesterday it never happened before. 

Another strange point was that when I was resetting the KLIKAANKLIKUIT modules manually by hand (pushing the reset button for 10 seconds) it worked. But then I wanted to pair the modules again by pushing for 1 approx 1 second the pair button the module was directly pairing even when I did not pushed one of the KLIKAAN KLIKUIT switches.

This changed after 4 hours waiting and at that moment I could pair again some modules with a KLIK AANKLIK UIT remote controller. It looks like something is disturbing the 433 MHz signal. And this all happened by coincidence at the same time when I was busy with making new flows with KLIKAANKLIKUIT.

• Maybe we have to make a tread to collect weird phenomenon round 433 and 866 MHz.

Things that works fine for years stop that for, say here, 36 hours. That is the old KaKu system.
    Is there an instrument that can measure those signals?

• From one day to another,  homey was unable to switch on the garden and kitchen light. Even the remote for the garden worked only outside. I had a contact sensor on a kitchen window which had a faulty battery and that interfered the signal, at the end I had to replace the contact sensor because it drained the battery very fast. You might want to read this artikel (dutch only) http://td-er.nl/2013/10/31/kaku-ervaring
  • Bookmarked that posting...
This discussion has been closed.