This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Motion detection within set timeframe

Hi fellow Homey's,

I have a KAKU motion detector and i want to use it to turn on 2 HUE lightbulbs when motion is detected. That of course is no rocket science and works just fine when set with these flow instructions. I do however want this to be the case during a certain timeframe at night. I have tried akk variables i can think off but it does not seem to work out. It keeps interrupting any ongoing flows that are running and does not seem to ' understand'  the time. 

The total flow is

IF
Motiondetector goes on

AND
- The time is later then 23:45
- The time is earlier then 06:45
- Motion is detected

THEN
Turn on HUE scene

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Adjust ur time settings.
    Later then 23.45 AND earlier then 06.45 dont match.
    Try later then 00.01 and earlier then 06.45
  • It's never later then 23.45 and at the same time earlier then 6.45  :D

Also, you can delete the "Motion is detected" from the "and" condition. You trigger on "motion detected" which implies before that there was no motion. Thus the condition will not be met unless there's motion detected twice in a very short timeframe (but the sensor doesn't send a second "motion detected").
  • It's never later then 23.45 and at the same time earlier then 6.45  :D

Also, you can delete the "Motion is detected" from the "and" condition. You trigger on "motion detected" which implies before that there was no motion. Thus the condition will not be met unless there's motion detected twice in a very short timeframe (but the sensor doesn't send a second "motion detected").
    So on and off is sufficient?
  • Thanks for the quick replies!

• Anytime
    You can ommit the later then otherwise there's two minutes (0:00 en 0:01) where this flow won't work...
    If you also want the timeframe from 23:45 to 0:00 you should make a second flow or, what I did, create a variable night (true/false through flows) and test for "and night = true".
  • True that.
    You can ommit the later then otherwise there's two minutes (0:00 en 0:01) where this flow won't work...
    If you also want the timeframe from 23:45 to 0:00 you should make a second flow or, what I did, create a variable night (true/false through flows) and test for "and night = true".

How did you create that BL "night variable"?

Should not be needed, but could be very usefull for all the stuff that goes on during te night.

• If time = 23.00 set night to true
    if time = 6.30 set night to false
    :)
  •   :( how simple .... that I didn't think ....

THNX! <3

• I bought a Hue motion sensor which arrived today. In just seconds I made it work so if it detects motion, it turns on the lights in the hallway. After 60 seconds of no movement it turns it off again.
    If after 23:00, it uses a dimmed version.

All without Homey, but it works well!
  • And if there is still motion it will keep the lights on?

• Yep! Works as expected. It was cheaper than a Fibaro Motion Sensor and I'd have to place a powered wall socket in between to make it work on z-wave all the way to Homey, so this was kinda a good choice.
  • i will have a look to this hue sensor too!
  • I have set up the KAKU motion detector with 2 flows, works awesome;
    ========================================================
    IF
    Motion sensor goes on

AND
    Time is after 00:00

THEN
    Turn on scene (dim purple night light)

When the motion sensor gives the off signal and detects no motion the lights will go out after 5 min.
    =======================================================
    and
    =======================================================
    IF
    Motion sensor goes on

AND
    Time is after 6.45
    Time is before 08.00

THEN
    Turn on scene (morning light)

Will only turn on till 08:00 and when we leave the house we use a all devices off flow
    ======================================================