This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Flow Editor functions

I have a question regarding two things in the flow editor.

Is there a way to let homey say the time/date in de speech output card?

What is the reminder card and how do I make one?

I need to get my hair cut, and I would love Homey to save that as a reminder for example.

Maybe we can make this thread a showcase of all the unknown Flow Editor functions/easter eggs..

Comments

• I also have this one for a few days..
    When "bedlamp" is turned on. Delay 10 minutes, Turn off. But it doesn't work..

• For THE bedlamp part:
    How do u turn the lamp on? Is homey aware of that?
  • BumbleBumble Member
    edited August 2016
    @Rocodamelshe with the app on my iPhone
  • My guess is that Homey don't know that the light is turned on that way but hey, it's just a guess. Maybe u can try to put the lamp on with a flow and see if that works?
  • You're right. When using a flow it turns off
  • Stll unclear how to use the reminder / Herrinnering card.  Does somebody figured this out?
  • @TomKoudstaal: You can verbally add reminders which in turn can trigger a flow. See the bottom of the following page: https://www.athom.com/en/support/KB000037/
  • It would be nice if you are able to set a reminder or alarm clock in a flow.  The reminder function in a flow today can only be checked.  Secondly, It is not possible to see which reminder is set in the flow, if there are more reminders active,  That function is not (yet) available
  • Dear Homeyans,

I would like to ask your advice and suggestions in the following case.
    In my home I have 4 maindoors and 1 window, all with open/closed-devices (3 kaku's AMST606 and 2 Sensativestrips, but that's not important I think; they are working fine). I'm looking for a way to make ONE flow in which with an if/or function I could manage all these devices. I had a look at the Logic function and installed the Better Logic app, but I donot know how to build such a flow. I realize that a simple solution with 5 separate flows could also be sufficient.
    Could anybody help me?
    Tnx, Jan
  • I think I misunderstand you.  Today you can have more actions with a single if.  Is that not enough to reach your goal with the flow?
  • what would you like to manage? Open close indication? A little more information.

As you are using KaKu systems, I have the same, I advise you to create a boolean variable per door / window in the BL-app

Homey is better in handeling variables than the KaKu devices, as they don't give a return signal of there status.

From there you are able to start making the one Flow that controls all flows

• JanHJanH Member
    edited October 2016
    @TomKoudstaal and @ThijsDeJong tnx!
    I'll explain a little bit. My doors and window only have to give a open/closed signal.
    I'm looking for a solution in one flow where door A, B, C, D and window E give independently from each other an "open" signal. So "if A or B or C etc." is going to be opened, then Homey switches f.e. some lights on and give me a sms (when out ofcourse). I think that something like that could be realized with the BL-app but I donot know how to arrange that. I already made a single flow for just one door, that's easy to me. Again, could you please advice?
  • Make a BL variable , boolean and call it "Door-open"
    With a flow for each device u set WHEN door = open, set boolean "Door-open" to true.
    WHEN door = closed set boolean "Door-open" to false.
    After that u use the boolean to trigger in a flow like:
    When boolean "Door-open" changed AND boolean is true THEN sound the alarm!
    Something like that
  • Make a BL variable , boolean and call it "Door-open"
    With a flow for each device u set WHEN door = open, set boolean "Door-open" to true.
    WHEN door = closed set boolean "Door-open" to false.
    After that u use the boolean to trigger in a flow like:
    When boolean "Door-open" changed AND boolean is true THEN sound the alarm!
    Something like that
    Tnx! I'm gonna try that and reply with the outcome.
  • @Rocodamelshe ;
    Your solution works, so thanks for that.
    My keyquestion is still existing: is it possible, in one way or another, to combine all the separate "doorflows" in just one, using BL? So, if "A or B or C etc." will be opened, then ...... Maybe I am expecting too much from Homey in its actual stage?
  • The last thing u said is true: There is no OR option yet. Its gonna be there but not as of yet, sorry.