This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Solved

[Solved] Homey stetup: a vicious circle

TheoDeKoningTheoDeKoning Member
edited May 2017 in Questions & Help
@Annemarie @Emile @Athom

The way I setup my Homey in the past was with a tablet and the Chrome app. . Athom is not supported that anymore.
You have to use a laptop with the latest version of Chrome, what I don't have.
To go for the second time to some one else I don't wand to.
My Homey is ready for sending back to Athom to clear to factory state for putting on version 0.10.3.

Then I realizes that when my Homey is coming back I can't set it to my wifi. You need namely the ........ setup. The circle is round.

Maybe I can get Homey to my wifi but that is not sure. Buying a laptop for Homey alone is silly.
If I send my Homey to Athom later today I don't no. It seems me useless.

Going to bed again and hopefully I can now falling in sleep.
Not dreaming about an advertisement that you can only by a Homey if you have a laptop.    o:)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solved

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/33746/#Comment_33746

Tagged:

Comments

• PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited October 2016
    Why post this on the forum? The community can not help you with this and you will have better luck contacting Athom support.

I read on Slack that Athom is already working on a different setup procedure so they are aware of this issue and are going to improve it.

The only thing you are achieving with this post now is scaring of potential customers which is not good for people who actually like their Homey.  :/
  • The last time i die a factory reset i could Just set is up with my Android smartphone and chrome. 

Since when doesnt it work anymore? 
  • You do not own a notebook or a standard PC? mm maybe if you put chrome on your tablet and let it show the website as a desktop that could work. On the other hand. It is ofcourse bit of strange that a WEBBASED device is only working in a SINGLE browser. If  it wouldn't work I would expect it to be in Internet Explorer/Edge. But nowadays that is not even a big issue anymore. 

So hopefully the rewrite will clear these things up. 
  • I didn't have any trouble setting up either. Also, the status-update of yesterday stated:
    We've also found that some users had trouble connecting Homey to their Wi-Fi network, so we've started working on a completely new Homey Setup that must make the setup process up to our standards.

I guess @TheoDeKoning missed that <3
  • @tim1990 That is from now, I have it from Athom.

If some one else can still do it that way, please say it to Athom.

@jjtbsomhorst Sorry, but I don't understand how to put Chrome on my tablet by my PC.

-------------------------
    For the moment I shall not send Homey to Athom. They can span there time better then to my Homey.
    Hopefully they coming up with something. That I will buying a laptop for this is very very slim.

• Phuturist If customers are bumping in this problem they coming for a refund and give a bad signal to there surroundings.

@BasVanDenBosch ; That is for problems to connecting Homey to their Wi-Fi network. By me is that OK.
    It is the setup that stops with an error.

• Phuturist If customers are bumping in this problem they coming for a refund and give a bad signal to there surroundings.
    True, but (without wanting to be rude) your posts scare people off too while other people don't have the issues you have...
    @BasVanDenBosch ; That is for problems to connecting Homey to their Wi-Fi network. By me is that OK.
    It is the setup that stops with an error.
    These issues arise with a lot of devices (not only Homey). Athom is working to improve the procedure...

• @tim1990 That is from now, I have it from Athom.

If some one else can still do it that way, please say it to Athom.

@jjtbsomhorst Sorry, but I don't understand how to put Chrome on my tablet by my PC.

-------------------------
    For the moment I shall not send Homey to Athom. They can span there time better then to my Homey.
    Hopefully they coming up with something. That I will buying a laptop for this is very very slim.

What I mean is that when you have chrome installed on your tabled you should enable the desktop version of the website. See this: https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-request-desktop-version-of-a-web-site-in-chrome-for-android/

that should help already. But I know what you mean. It is somehow strange that a web based application is not responsive these days.
  • YES  ! !

Thanks to jjtbsomhorst I have version  0.10.3

Only I get not choice to erase my data. Should I do it now over again?
  • YES  ! !

Thanks to jjtbsomhorst I have version  0.10.3

Only I get not choice to erase my data. Should I do it now over again?
    If put Homey upside down and choose for reset you get that choice.
  • That game not the first time. That's why I wrote that.
    Because the old flow where invisible but active, I had it to try a second time and it is OK now.