This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

wifi connection issues

jimmy_zeropmjimmy_zeropm Member
edited October 2016 in Questions & Help
Today I received my Homey. 

After enjoying this forum for more then a year I've been waiting long enough to let the guys at Athom finish the software and bugs. So there we go!l

Ehm... not yet ;-)

Homey seems to halt at the wifi connection at the start of the setup.
Situation;

Connnecting to setup.athom.com
then to homeysetup
choose my wifi and type password
homey tries to connect, takes about 5 mins, nothing happens...

I have a dual band archer c7 complex setup, dual networks 2,4 and 5. Have multiple devices that needs to connect different 2,4 and 5 ghz.

homey sees 2,4, so that's good. What could solve this? I really can't disable my 5ghz network because of the need from other devices.

Tia,

Martijn

Comments

• You need to reconnect to the network you connected homey with in the setup to continue
  • then go to my.athom.com
  • or if it has not been getting connection to your router, turn off the 5ghz part of the router until it has been connected, then you can turn it on again
  • That doesn't work homey keeps saying "sorry I can't connect to the wifi network"
  • thanks, temporary disabling the 5ghz did the job...
  • HTDHTD Member
    edited October 2016
    When I received my Homey I had also a problem connecting to my Wifi network.
    It turned out my Wifi password (19 char long) was to long and/or it had a wrong charcater ($ @).
    I changed my Wifi password and made it 11 char. long and no @$ characters in it.
    Then I made a connection without a problem.
    Maybe this wil help. 
  • Some important apparatus in my network have a fixed IP address on basis from there mac address.
    Homey is one of them.