This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

temperature measurements

I have a fibaro and a thermosmart in the same room. It was noticed before that the temperatures differ, did someone already find out which temperature is the most accurate?

Comments

• PandaPanda Member
    edited April 2016
    Which one is the Fibaro? I notice that my Fibaro smoke sensor reports a higher temp value then my Cresta's TX320, same for my Fibaro motion sensor.
  • The one with the highest temperatures is the Fibaro (measuring about every half hour). The thermosmart measures about every 10 seconds.. 
  • Do they measure at the (exact) same spot? 
  • MennoMenno Member
    was also wondering same spot same height?
  • Same height, same room, 4 meters apart. Fibaro gets a little bit less light (but should give lower temps then). I'll put direct next to each other...
  • That's best to see how they compare. I've been testing with 4 Aeotec sensors and when they're close together they measure the same, if I start moving them around I get different readings.

Also, not sure if this applies to other brands; when the sensor is USB powered the sensor get's heated a bit and shows a higher temperature, see this thread: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/1329/how-to-aeotec-multisensor-6
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member

With the sensor on top of the thermosmart... Guess I have to get a reliable thermometer somewhere...
  • MennoMenno Member
    one of the two is lying  :)
    Maybe you can call piet paulusma
  • Or both  ;)
  • Or Both reporting their own truth....
    I guess thermosmart also get some warming or cooling from the wall and the other more depending on air flow. And maybe one is averaging over some minutes.
    I have the same here with netatmo and thermosmart approx 5 meters appart. You can calibrate the thermosmart but only 0,5 , 1,0 or 1,5 degrees.

• JanHJanH Member
    or maybe, as elsewhere in real live, the truth could be found somewhere in the middle? I suggest a "polder-"solution: add a third device for the final conclusion  B)
  • MennoMenno Member
    Tip: calibrated thermometer
  • HectorhauckHectorhauck Member
    edited October 2016
    It seems that you need to replace your thermostat with reliable thermostat. You can also consult a new jersey wifi smart thermostat installation technician and get some advice from him.
  • JeroenvanoJeroenvano Member
    edited October 2016
    It is always hard to be sure that different temp sensors are callibrated the same. This is how I got them aligned: 

I have 3 temp sensors in the living room: 1) Netatmo, 2) Nefit Easy, 3) Fibaro FGMS-001 Z-W5.

To callibrate them I placed one other movable temp sensor next to all 3 individually for about 30 minutes to see their offset compared to the movable temp sensor. Afther having the insight I had to callibrate a little on all 3 to have them measure the same temp as the movable temp sensor.

The 3 sensors have different hights and places in the living room what gives different temp readings even after the callibration. Temperature is slightly different in the livingroom areas with differences of 0.1C - 1.5C depending on time of day. For this I set an average temp setting in a different temp var.

All 3 sensors set a number variable when their reading changes and I have a mathjs to set the average temp reading:

Mathjs: ($wk-temp-netatmo$+$wk-temp-easy$+$wk-temp-fms$)/3 

Hope this helps and keep you warm working with multiple sensors in the same room wink 

• Then you presume the movable temp-sensor has the correct readings and you adjust the others... I'll try to get a reliable (calibrated) sensor somewhere...
  • Then you presume the movable temp-sensor has the correct readings and you adjust the others... I'll try to get a reliable (calibrated) sensor somewhere...
    Wel you are never sure, but at least all 3 measure with the same offset 
This discussion has been closed.