This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Chromecast V2

Hi,
Is the chromecast v2 supported by the app? It does not work for me when I send  vradio to it.

greetings,
Aaron

Comments

• @Aaron In FW 0.10.x Media was removed so I don't think vradio will work. It doesn't work for me playing radio1 on my Homey-speaker...
  • Hi BasVanDenBosch,
    I tried it before 0.10.x and it was not working then either. So I thought maybe it does not support the v2.
  • It works now. Somehow my bitflip button broke vRadio. Not using it anymore and it works now. Now I am trying to see my chromecast on my mac mini (with AirServer) but Homey does not see it. 
    For my chromecast to work it needs to switch on the tv, with my mac mini it does not have to do that.
  • Aaron said:
    It works now. Somehow my bitflip button broke vRadio. Not using it anymore and it works now. Now I am trying to see my chromecast on my mac mini (with AirServer) but Homey does not see it. 
    For my chromecast to work it needs to switch on the tv, with my mac mini it does not have to do that.
    @Aaron As far as i know for chromecast V1 (and maybe V2) needs to configure itself by putting out an video signal before it will play only audio. That's why google has a seperate chromecast for audio now, they don't allow a video chromecast to play audio only, without a display attached. Probably the macmini tricks the chromecast believing there's a display attached?
  • Both chromecast audio and v2 work icm youtube here.
  • No problem anymore with the chromecast V2 but the chromecast workaround on my mini does not work with homey. The chromecast app on my phone sees it though. And I can send video to it from other apps on my phone, no problem. It just does not show up in homey when I want to add it to a room.
This discussion has been closed.