This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey Plex application - main discussion thread

Comments

• @MikeOne Could player detection be added, so we can at least have flows per room? I'm going to try the Plex app again now and see if it will survive the indexing of my library one more time...
  • MarkSwift said:
    @MikeOne Could player detection be added, so we can at least have flows per room? 
    Yes - that would really have to be added to make it more useful. Do you ever play stuff from shared servers btw?
  • Nup, no shared servers here...
  • MarkSwiftMarkSwift Member
    edited October 2016
    BTW this is the Plex app while scanning my library, not crashed, yet...
  • MarkSwiftMarkSwift Member
    edited October 2016
    While scanning the settings page goes blank like this?

• Oh well, was worth a shot, it just died...
  • Damn... I'm afraid it's the Homey internals that cannot deal with such a fatty library :-(
  • Makes me sad, this and Sonos were my main reasons for purchasing Homey :(

Thanks for the hard work @MikeOne ;
  • If you're on slack @MikeOne I've reached out to Athom there....
  • Which channel?

• Found it. 

• Qx5Qx5 Member
    Isn't it possible to just pause the library scanning every x minutes for a certain interval? To avoid the built in Homey terminator?
  • Qx5 said:
    Isn't it possible to just pause the library scanning every x minutes for a certain interval? To avoid the built in Homey terminator?
    I've implemented a delay (on Node level) that uses the internal Node event ticks. This has dropped CPU usage quite a lot. However, with huge libs, the mem use seems to be the problem. All media meta data is held in memory for fast responses to queries and all titles of all media items are added dynamically as Homey speech triggers. So this stuff adds up. But I can't see an easy way to prevent this 'heaviness' without seriously crippling the app and the performance. The fact PMS has an extremely crappy API also doesn't help in finding a solution. 
  • Available on Github, @MikeOne ?

• It's in the current version, so you already have it. Doesn't help you unfortunately. When I get some more breathingspace in my schedule I'll investigate a bit more in depth on how to minimise the mem footprint more. Unless you say; put all your time in the stand-alone notifier :-)
  • ;-)
  • Hi,
    I'm trying to connect my Pley Server (Synology) to my Plex App. But it said everytime: 

No (valid) Servers found

I also installed a Plex Server on my Laptop an get the same message. 
    A factory reset of homey makes no difference
  • My guess is that PMS is not signed into plex.tv or your server is not remotely accessible. Did you go through the steps in the first post?
  • MikeOne said:
    Trustme2 said:
    MarkSwift said:
    I want a simple app to detect the various players around the house, i.e. play, pause, stop. That said, this would also be a good feature! A basic notification app is what I'm looking for, no catalogue capabilities required...
    Hey @MikeOne I have some problems with the Plex Notifier. It stopped seeing if my rasplex was playing, pausing and stopping. :disappointed: 
    Did you get this resolved?
    unfortunately not. It's an account on an shared server. It worked for a while, weirdly enough. But it stopped working.  :disappointed: 

• MikeOne said:
    My guess is that PMS is not signed into plex.tv or your server is not remotely accessible. Did you go through the steps in the first post?
    The public remote wasn't available.
  • I see a similar problem with my setup. 
    Pin process works fine. Selecting a Server as well. But when trying to get my library it seems to crash.
    Console Log shows the following. It seems to have problems with my episodes. Any suggestion?

settings_update event Object {hasSetup: true, plexTv: Object, servers: Array[2], selected: Object, meta: Object…}
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "Setting plex server:", 1: Object}
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "Media server found: MacMini"}
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "Machine identifier found: XXXXXX"}
    (index):230 selected_server_available event true
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "Found 18 On Deck items"}
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "Adding ondeck items to cache......."}
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "Found 50 Recent items"}
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "Adding recent items to cache......."}
    (index):243 pin_check event Object {tries: 2}
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "Found 560 media items of type: movie"}
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "Adding movie to cache......."}
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "No valid Plex Token found yet"}
    (index):243 pin_check event Object {tries: 3}
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "Found 4801 media items of type: episode"}
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "Adding episode to cache......."}
  • I have a remote Plex server that is only available through SSL. As far as I understand this isn't implemented in the app at the moment and so I'm unable to connect to the Plex server. Is it possible to implement SSL connections so I can use the Plex app?
  • sossienl said:
    I see a similar problem with my setup. 
    Pin process works fine. Selecting a Server as well. But when trying to get my library it seems to crash.
    Console Log shows the following. It seems to have problems with my episodes. Any suggestion?

settings_update event Object {hasSetup: true, plexTv: Object, servers: Array[2], selected: Object, meta: Object…}
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "Setting plex server:", 1: Object}
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "Media server found: MacMini"}
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "Machine identifier found: XXXXXX"}
    (index):230 selected_server_available event true
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "Found 18 On Deck items"}
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "Adding ondeck items to cache......."}
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "Found 50 Recent items"}
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "Adding recent items to cache......."}
    (index):243 pin_check event Object {tries: 2}
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "Found 560 media items of type: movie"}
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "Adding movie to cache......."}
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "No valid Plex Token found yet"}
    (index):243 pin_check event Object {tries: 3}
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "Found 4801 media items of type: episode"}
    (index):189 SERVER:  Object {0: "Adding episode to cache......."}
    I guess I need to start thinking about a 'Light' version that doesn't cache in Homey memory... especially for the larger libraries. If I'd only had some time.... pfffff... 

Anybody available that can code NodeJS?
  • I'm waiting Mr.@MikeOne :(
  • remcovn said:
    I have a remote Plex server that is only available through SSL. As far as I understand this isn't implemented in the app at the moment and so I'm unable to connect to the Plex server. Is it possible to implement SSL connections so I can use the Plex app?
    At this time (without looking at it) - I'm not actually sure why it wouldn't work with SSL (there was a reason... not sure if that reason is still valid). For now, it needs to be on SSL preferred I'm afraid. 
    But seeing I'm a big fan of SSL - this is definitely on my list to look at in the future... when I can find some time that is :-)
  • MikeOneMikeOne Member
    edited October 2016
    MarkSwift said:
    I'm waiting Mr.@MikeOne
    I know my friend... I know.. I need to be able to clone myself I guess. 

EDIT: The 'Plex Notifier' is first on my list BTW
  • Don't stress it, this is just the final piece of my Homey puzzle, we're so integrated with Plex, it would be a killer app for us. Enjoy your time off, it's what makes life worthwhile ;)
  • MarkSwift said:
    Enjoy your time off, it's what makes life worthwhile ;)
    Man... I wish I had time off - just too much (paid) work at the moment... And my paid projects always take precedence over pre-deo coding I'm afraid.. Got mortgage to pay and so on... 
  • phbphb Member
    But you really like your homey -plex project and soon you have time to repair  the application   ;)
  • phb said:
    But you really like your homey -plex project and soon you have time to repair  the application   ;)