This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Homey v0.10.1

2»

Comments

• I feel your pain. I have issues with Tado. It works for everyone but me. It is weird that with the same hardware and firmware we get different results. I suspect when we wipe homey it is not wiped completely, there are some rubbish left behind.
  • Erwin1Erwin1 Member
    edited September 2016
    Guys, good news! IR now does seem to work (after another reboot and clearing all IR devices)!

But when Homey stands 6 meters away and at a 45 degree angle, it's apparently to far to be received by the Samsung TV. 

The TV remote does work from this distance... 

So the power of the IR leds seems to be not that high, maybe this can be changed?

• PimBliekPimBliek Member
    edited September 2016
    I now have a lot of old devices which I cannot remove.... These were Z-Wave devices, added in previous software versions of Homey. They have long been excluded and re-included using 0.10...

This is *really* ugly. Can we please get a way to force-remove them????

https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/931
  • Webhooks working again. Time card "earlier than" works again.
  • ZperXZperX Member
    edited September 2016
    Erwin1 said:
    But when Homey stands 6 meters away and at a 45 degree angle, it's apparently to far to be received by the Samsung TV. 

So the power of the IR leds seems to be not that high, maybe this can be changed?

I am sorry to say but the power is limited due to hardware design issues:

The IR transmitter chip sits too low and to deep most of the signal is lost:

And some of the chips are completely blocked by the casing:

• But to be honest the Transmitting signal is much better than it used to be. Now the receiving side is less sensitive. But because it used to be extraordinary, they surly have the ability to restore it.

I hope they will tackle at least the Zwave range issue.
  • My homey is still on 0.8.39 i don't get any updates
    even a full reset and days later no updates :-(
  • Unchecking automatic update and updating manually?
  • Did you enable experimental? 
  • OverlordOverlord Member
    edited October 2016
    after updating to 10.1 I've lost 2 of my flows?
    and in 4 days Homey gave me 2 false positives on listening. And stays lisening till a reboot or disable microphone and enable microphone.
    and due to klikaanklikuit update I had to reset all my switches and couple them again to my flows.

• ZperX said:
    Erwin1 said:

I am sorry to say but the power is limited due to hardware design issues:

The IR transmitter chip sits too low and to deep most of the signal is lost:

And some of the chips are completely blocked by the casing:

Should it be helpfull to drill some holes on the IR sensor place?
  • ZperXZperX Member
    edited October 2016
    @Robinjo ;;
    Some has already tried that but that alone is not the answer. It still deep, the used OSRAM chip having tight beam angle, the IR beams are not overlapping + the board has a tilt (what helps sometimes, in other cases makes it is worse). Someone made a completely new casing to diffuse the IR signal.  However if the housing is drilled at the blocked LED chip (left side - far-back in my case) that moves an extra chip into the service.
    But to be fair the quality of the transmission has improved a lot.

You might be interested in this thread:
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/1547/trouble-getting-ir-buttons-to-be-recognised/p1
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited October 2016
    UPDATE

With 0.10.0  my Greenwave powernodes were working again (1 and 6 sockets). With the latest 0.10.1 previous installs show up / double and other older installs of other App's (in my case Magister) show up too. I can't remopve these, so I put them in a separate folder

This discussion has been closed.