This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

Weather Underground unofficial Homey app (v1.0.3)

Comments

• I just updated to 0.2.1. Turns out I had to approve new permissions but even after that it would not upgrade but I had to remove and reinstall the new version (bye bye history insights).

Anyway, is there a way to disable the new built in voice triggers. I have custom flows that use HTTP requests to wunderground to retrieve the weather forecast of today or tomorrow and it's triggered by the same key words (weather and today or tomorrow) as the wunderground app. But my current custom flows are better as I have an app that parses some of the abbreviations that wunderground uses in it's forecasts like C and km/h to actual words like celcius and kilometers per hour.

Even better would perhaps be to integrate this functionality into the wunderground app and parse the results from wunderground so it replaces the abbreviations. The app I'm now using was created on my request by @ErikVanDongen ;and can be found here: https://github.com/irritanterik/homey-parse-speech

Any change on either a setting to disable the built in voice triggers or to integrate functionality that parses the abbreviations to actual words.

• Phuturist said:
    I just updated to 0.2.1. Turns out I had to approve new permissions but even after that it would not upgrade but I had to remove and reinstall the new version (bye bye history insights).

Anyway, is there a way to disable the new built in voice triggers. I have custom flows that use HTTP requests to wunderground to retrieve the weather forecast of today or tomorrow and it's triggered by the same key words (weather and today or tomorrow) as the wunderground app. But my current custom flows are better as I have an app that parses some of the abbreviations that wunderground uses in it's forecasts like C and km/h to actual words like celcius and kilometers per hour.

Even better would perhaps be to integrate this functionality into the wunderground app and parse the results from wunderground so it replaces the abbreviations. The app I'm now using was created on my request by @ErikVanDongen ;and can be found here: https://github.com/irritanterik/homey-parse-speech

Any change on either a setting to disable the built in voice triggers or to integrate functionality that parses the abbreviations to actual words.

Integration in the app would be much appreciated! 
  • No problem, signor.
    I'll take an look.
    First I'll finish my new app I've been working on for Logitech Media Server
  • Update to v0.2.2
    Since Homey version 0.10.x I get reports that I have more than 500 calls per day (which is the max for a free key).
    So set the timer to once per 90 minutes.

• And once again a request to those still running v0.1.0 (which is the very first version!).
    I still receive numerous of crash reports of that version daily.
    Please, update!
  • Phuturist said:
    I just updated to 0.2.1. Turns out I had to approve new permissions but even after that it would not upgrade but I had to remove and reinstall the new version (bye bye history insights).

@RobinVanKekem have you had time to look into this?
  • No, not yet.
    Had some bug fixing to do first
  • MarkSwiftMarkSwift Member
    edited October 2016
    This is working great for me. The only issue I have is that here in the UK we use Celcius / MPH, currently this doesn't seem to be an option and thus it reads the windspeed in KPH. I know we're a little off here in the UK, but can this be changed?

I love this app I my weather station uploads to the network so I'm getting my own data :-)

I just wish like above that it would parse the abbreviations so they sound correct when spoken.
  • I didn't know that. I'll put it on my to-do list.
  • @RobinVanKekem  first off great work on the app.

Second; I have a request, can you make 2 more additional (IF) cards? If 'UV changed' and if 'Wind speed changed' ?
    I would like to use these triggers (and underlying values) in a flow.
  • Update to v0.2.2
    Since Homey version 0.10.x I get reports that I have more than 500 calls per day (which is the max for a free key).
    So set the timer to once per 90 minutes.

Same situation here. I have no idea where i can make the calls less. Have now put the time on 90 minutes. Mabe  it works.
  • siem45 said:
    Same situation here. I have no idea where i can make the calls less. Have now put the time on 90 minutes. Maybe it works.
    Could you elaborate please?
    Do you also have an app with an API key?
    Or do you have a personal key in the Weather Underground Homey app?
  • siem45siem45 Member
    edited October 2016
      RobinVanKekem said:

siem45 said:
    Same situation here. I have no idea where i can make the calls less. Have now put the time on 90 minutes. Maybe it works.

Could you elaborate please?
    Do you also have an app with an API key?
    Or do you have a personal key in the Weather Underground Homey app? I have only a personal key in the WUH app. I use it since wednesday.
  • RobinVanKekemRobinVanKekem Member
    edited October 2016
    And how many calls do you have, a day?
    @siem45
  • I have around 90-100 calls a day with 30 minute interval.
  • This is working great for me. The only issue I have is that here in the UK we use Celcius / MPH, currently this doesn't seem to be an option and thus it reads the windspeed in KPH. I know we're a little off here in the UK, but can this be changed?
  • Lol, it's on my list.
  • ThijsDeJongThijsDeJong Member
    edited October 2016
    oke, I have a problem. When I pull >5 Get HTTP variable, the last won't be pulled --> no info

So I work with 5 and a flow with 2.
    These 5 come out perfect and I can use them.
    In the Second part of the flow set I pull the remaining 2, only one answers the call.
    My problem is the "relative_humidity".
    I Thought the %-sign was the problem, but when I fill a BL variable with a telegram text with 72% it registered, so the %-sign wasn't the problem. So maybe my $.current_observation.relative_humidity pull call was the problem, but when I tested it in a JSON tester it gave the right percentage (including the %-sign ). So what could it be?
    I made two separated flows maybe someone can have a look?

• Don't know what you did, but it works... 

THNX ????  <3
  • You don't use my app so I can't do anything for you...
  • Hello,

Your wunderground API key exceeded its allotted usage today by making 514 calls in a day but the limit is 500.
    The key has been disabled for the remainder of the day.
    We check usage for 24-hour periods based on U.S. Eastern Time.

:( 
  • Anyone has also trouble with Weather Underground lately? Errors like this:

Stack trace: TypeError: Cannot read property 'relative_humidity' of undefined at null.<anonymous> (/app.js:479:72) at Request._callback (/node_modules/wundergroundnode/lib/wundergroundnode.js:138:26) at Request.self.callback (/node_modules/request/request.js:199:22) at emitTwo (events.js:87:13) at Request.emit (events.js:172:7) at Request.<anonymous> (/node_modules/request/request.js:1036:10) at emitOne (events.js:82:20) at Request.emit (events.js:169:7) at IncomingMessage.<anonymous> (/node_modules/request/request.js:963:12) at emitNone (events.js:72:20) Exit code: 1

• WathLamersWathLamers Member
    edited November 2016
     good morning,
    is it known that the wunderground app is not working after the update?
    Perhaps its a fold by me,    i have a own account that seems to work.  at least, when i look in the app settings and push test i get the right temprature.
    Someone know?
     @RobinVanKekem ;

edit   BTW   the app was wel "vastgelopen"     na het uit en aanvinken lijkt hij te werken,  maar niet in de uitvoerende flows
  • I also have parts of the WU app no longer working. I did not test it all, but the sunrise variable seems not triggering anymore. The app seems to be running okay when I look at the app settings area. (I am using my own API).
  • There is no sunrise in my Weather Underground app?
  • Submitted 0.2.6 for approval which should fix the above issue.
  • @RobinVanKekem  thx in advance.     :)