This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[APP] Better logic / Variable management

Comments

• Phuturist said:
    KeepT said:
    no bitflip
    I have 1 normal bl card in the {IF} column and 1 bl card in the {AND} column.

I had something similar. A reboot solved it for me.

Make sure to backup the variables as I heard some lost them.. And now you can :D
  • Tim_Brass said:
    I'd like the ability to change the symbol for a BitFlip device. So i'd would look better in the Homey app.

Some basic symbols could be:

Don't know it this is possible....

Not sure will have a look

• Just wanted give a big thanks too the people that donated. I putted it in as a joke because Martijn asked it. I'm actually surprised I got donations for something that I created just because I wanted to have it. Thanks all! You made my day! 
  • You deserve it!  It increases Homey's functionality by at least 200%! :)
  • viktorviktor Member
    edited September 2016
    Hi @Uranday ;, can i have a question, is it possible to make the bitflip buttons auto updating from the variable status?
    When variable xyz changed and is true set the bitflip button using this variable to on, when false set to off.

Tnx
  • viktor said:
    Hi @Uranday ;, can i have a question, is it possible to make the bitflip buttons auto updating from the variable status?
    When variable xyz changed and is true set the bitflip button using this variable to on, when false set to off.

Tnx
    This is the usual behaviour and has worked up until 0.9.3. Seems 0.10.x broke something here. But I see it with more devices that have the on/off capability that they are not updated correctly (for instance zwave sockets).
  • This was indeed the behavior. Not sure what is causing it. 
  • Sorry, stupid question, but how do I use the mathjs card to add 1 to a number variable?  :(
  • $num123$ + 1  => increments with 1

Copy paste from a post of 20-09-2016 in this threat

• Ah, so just put $<variable>$+1 in the first field and select where to store in the second field?
    Easy enough :smiley: 

Thanks  ;)
  • :( Glad I could be of help
  • Fire69 said:
    Ah, so just put $<variable>$+1 in the first field and select where to store in the second field?

Thanks  ;)
    Or just drop a token (for instance lux value from a sensor) in the mathjs field and select a number variable to assign it to (no need for the +1).
  • Phuturist said:
    Fire69 said:
    Ah, so just put $<variable>$+1 in the first field and select where to store in the second field?

Thanks  ;)
    Or just drop a token (for instance lux value from a sensor) in the mathjs field and select a number variable to assign it to (no need for the +1).
    I'm setting up my 'alarm' so I need to calculate how many people are at home. 
    I'm working solely with variables, so no tokens available to drop  :)

I already have lux and temp flows filling up variables.  :)

Mu list of variables and flows is getting a little out of hand, lol. 
    Hope I don't need to do a reset any time soon!  :s
  • @Fire69, having an export of your BL variables makes a reset a little less work :smile: 

• @Uranday - lost at least 2 variables since the upgrade to 0.10.1 (which involved a few PTPs)

In your next release, could you maybe include the total number of variables present in the setup screen? That's an easy check. Or maybe include it in a built-in variable? That way if the number decreases I can get an alert :smile: 

• What if that variable gets lost? Numberception..
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited September 2016
    @Fire69, having an export of your BL variables makes a reset a little less work smile 

True.  :)
    But the 100+ flows are much worse to recreate  :|
  • True - it's pretty much the most amount of work I've ever put into a project that doesn't have a backup function.

Shouldn't be that difficult though?
  • UrandayUranday Member
    edited October 2016
    Only 2 variables getting lost out of a whole collection is kind of weird. I'll go look and see if I can make my code a bit more robust. Any idea what could have been going on? Was it during editing of variables? Or during an update? Or no clue ;) 
  • It could have been during the update to 0.10.1, but I've seen it happen without updates as well - it wasn't during an edit, that I know for sure. Pulling the plug is the biggest culprit (a while ago that caused *all* my variables to disappear).
  • After update (to 0.10 & 0.10.1 as well )
  • @Uranday I have a number variable which I'm trying to use in the standard logic card, when I test the flow it says "toke_not_a_number". I'm sure this was working before, any ideas?
  • Not sure. What do you mean with standard logic card? Can you make a print screen? 
  • I'm referring to the Athom logic card...
  • I also have no idea what that is - can you add a picture?
  • Are you guys joking with me? Logic flow card, it's under system cards, under LED ring...
  • Lol  :D
  • Ah - never used it  :)
  • Bitflip (device) does not show value correctly.
    Variable is false, device shows true

Homey 0.10.3