This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Homey v0.10.1

edited September 2016 in Archive
Homey v0.10.1 has been released to the experimental channel.

Changelog:
  • Added button to remove notifications
  • Increased app resource usage warning threshold to 30 seconds
  • Devices without a running app are now displayed as unavailable instead of hidden
  • Update Node.JS to 4.6.0 to resolve security issues
  • Bugfixes

Comments

• Not al GIT 0.10.1 issues are staged for release, are these not in the update?
    Or are all issues with milestone 0.10.1 in this release but not yet closed due to the community has to test this?

• Not al GIT 0.10.1 issues are staged for release, are these not in the update?
    Or are all issues with milestone 0.10.1 in this release but not yet closed due to the community has to test this?
    I'm not completely sure which issues you're referring to, everything in the 0.10.1 milestone is supposed to be fixed (and therefore staged). There is one exception, which is when an issue is assumed to be caused by another bug that has been fixed in the release. If that's the case, the issue is not labelled "staged" and only included in the milestone. In the 0.10.1 milestone this only occured for 1 issue.
  • Installing...
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited September 2016
    • Devices without a running app are now displayed as unavailable instead of hidden
    Nice! Good addition.
    For me it now shows a Multisensor, but it's for sure a rogue device. Will it be possible to delete such a device in a future version?
  • The Hue app crashed after the update.....
  • Erwin1Erwin1 Member
    edited September 2016
    Findings so far:

Positives:
    - Dutch built in commands work again! 
    - Screensaver app (Ledring) works again.

Unsure:
    - IR still doesn't seem to work, but there are no crashes like before with 0.10.0.
    - IR also adding more then 1 IR devices doesn't give any errors when using them in a flow.

Negatives:
    - Variables are still not being saved after reboot. (workaraound: by first switching the app off and then on again and then creating new variables, they will stay after reboot)
    - Still it's pretty difficult to move flows to a map
    - IR doesn't emmit any IR signal. Tested this with a Samsung TV and a AXA Remote (window opener). Tested by pointing my camera at the Homey and then testing the flow but no IR is picked up by my camera. But when I use the original remote the IR is seen by my camera.

But all in all so far so good! Nice work Athom and pretty fast as well!
  • Timecards in a flow seem to work again too
  • With 0.10.0 the menu System has disappeared. How can I install 0.10.1 ?
  • Erwin1Erwin1 Member
    edited September 2016
    With 0.10.0 the menu System has disappeared. How can I install 0.10.1 ?
    You don't use the menu item 'Systeem' (which by the way was still present with my Homey on 0.10.0...) but you use menu item 'Updates'.

• With 0.10.0 the menu System has disappeared. How can I install 0.10.1 ?
    try http://192.168.XXX.XXX/manager/settings/#homey:manager:updates
  • My settings menu only shows the items apps, mic, speech, language. What is the URL of the item Updates?
  • Thanks, tweaqer and erwin1 !
  • Did you reboot?
  • That did the trick, cheers.

• My settings menu only shows the items apps, mic, speech, language. What is the URL of the item Updates?
    You have this issue: 
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/890#issuecomment-249662873

Athom fixed it for me remote and knows the (probable) cause. 
    Contact Athom / @jeroenvollenbrock  on Slack or via support@athom.com 
    if you have auto updating enabled (and experimental) maybe you can wait until Homey updates by itself...

otherwise you will have to ask help from Athom support. 
  • Somfy died, had some trouble with 0.10.0 but a PTP solved this.
    Tried every trick but no success with 0.10.1
  • GeurtDijkerGeurtDijker Member
    edited September 2016
    adju said:
    Somfy died, had some trouble with 0.10.0 but a PTP solved this.
    Contact Athom  via support@athom.com, describe your problem (what you did, what you see, what you tried.)
  • GeurtDijker said:
    adju said:
    Somfy died, had some trouble with 0.10.0 but a PTP solved this.
    Contact Athom  via support@athom.com, describe your problem (what you did, what you see, what you tried.)
    Already send an e-mail, thought that the rest of the community would like to now.
  • edited September 2016
    Erwin1 said:

Negatives:
    - Variables are still not being saved after reboot. (workaraound: by first switching the app off and then on again and then creating new variables, they will stay after reboot)
    Same here. BL variables disappeared, simular  issue as v0.10. \

It's a 2 min job, no biggy. 
    Also, have to mention this, app Buienrader suddenly works! 
  • To all 

i just found out that a lot of things in the flows when you use the test button gives errors 

i had it with a logic blok that reads the co2 level used the tag and i get a red triangle with a ! in it 

but when i save the flow the flow does work as my ventilation just turned on and homey says the co2 level 

also for the brightness control of hue lights 

same errors but flows work 

is there somebody else that can test my findings
  • GeurtDijkerGeurtDijker Member
    edited September 2016
    @Webster ;
    I think I know wat you mean, but a little more info and a screenshot would maybe have helped understand you. 
    For what I Read....

Not everything in a test produces what you expect. 

Tokens from triggers are filled with a example value that . is defined by the developer. 
    for example https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/22446/#Comment_22446

• Every test with someone came home results in the user John Do ... (And John doesn't live here...)
    • Every test with sunset and sunrise and maybe other time related trigger cards result in 21:23 any time of the day... 
    The Tokens are filled with the correct values when the trigger is fired.

for example the flow in the picture in https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/924
    would only produce two green checks on the Time after and Time before cards if the current time is between the two defined times.
    (Testing after 22u55 would always result with a red Cross as in the picture, only this was the bug in 0.10.0 the submitter described, should be fixed in 0.10.1 )

But the Lux token has no defined default/example value so the test card always crashes with a red exclamation mark.
    Would the developer of the App define a default test value of 123 it would always test with the third card as a red Cross as 123 is never less than 35. 

When you encounter that and want to test the execution, you can easily check the invert checkbox (Upper Right NOT checkbox) on all condition cards that are not true when testing  (NOT + Not True = True) 

Test the execution of the flow, and when finished remove all extra  invert check-boxes you have set end SAVE. 
    Happy Testing !!
  • I can confirm that the predefined IR codes can be received by TV without direct view (bounces).

I have bumped into an issue: Homey does not stop listening. It is 5 minutes now and it is still continuously listening. It`s not that the LED ring is frozen in orange colour because it is pulsing as I speak. @Athom are you spying on me? :smiley: 
    I guess I need to reboot.
  • Ok I did not have to reboot it. I just had to force homey to speak by adjusting speaker volume slider.
  • Anyone else having problems with their IR?

Both custom IR device (training the buttons) and Samsung TV built in IR doesn't seem to be sending an IR signal. I've added these devices separately (so not one directly after the other) and also tested them separately.

I've checked to see if any IR signal was being send by using a camera (you should see a purple-ish light pulsing), but Homey doesn't seem to be sending out any IR signal...

• ZperX said:
    I have bumped into an issue: Homey does not stop listening. It is 5 minutes now and it is still continuously listening. It`s not that the LED ring is frozen in orange colour because it is pulsing as I speak. 
    Had the same thing. Can't seem to reproduce it now, but it had something to do with Plex
  • I've created an issue on GitHub for the IR:
    https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/937

• Erwin1 said:
    Anyone else having problems with their IR?

Both custom IR device (training the buttons) and Samsung TV built in IR doesn't seem to be sending an IR signal. I've added these devices separately (so not one directly after the other) and also tested them separately.

I've checked to see if any IR signal was being send by using a camera (you should see a purple-ish light pulsing), but Homey doesn't seem to be sending out any IR signal...

I have checked that last night in pitch dark. I set up a flow to send predefined IR signals every 5 sec. It was really interesting experience (I might post it on youtube). I could see the IR LED`s lit up and also the chips not located at the openings, blocked by the casing. So they do lit up. But before 0.10.1 I had the same issue as you. Might worth to raise this issue on Github.
    I have done the experiment with the default Philips remote. You could try it with the Philips remote first. It might be that something is wrong with the Samsung virtual remote.
  • ZperX said:

I have checked that last night in pitch dark. I set up a flow to send predefined IR signals every 5 sec. It was really interesting experience (I might post it on youtube). I could see the IR LED`s lit up and also the chips not located at the openings, blocked by the casing. So they do lit up. 
    Already tried this in pitch black darkness, but nothing to be seen (with or without camera). And even with daylight you should be able to pick up the infrared light with a camera (try it with your TV remote and camera phone and you'll see).

ZperX said:

Might worth to raise this issue on Github.
    see : https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/937

ZperX said:

I have done the experiment with the default Philips remote. You could try it with the Philips remote first. It might be that something is wrong with the Samsung virtual remote.
    Also tried that one. But unfortunately no positive result... 

This discussion has been closed.