This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Unboxing / First impression of Homey

2»

Comments

• When I first played with Homey aI was a bit disappointed that not everything was working as shown in the promo video.
    Today I like how it works and Homey has given me a lot of fun yet.
    Fw 0.10 sucks, but I hope new version will be better.

• rdomingo said:
    I got 2 x "fibaro dimer 2" z-wave device
    Stick to Fibaro so you can always buy a Fibaro Home Center if Homey fails to deliver.
  • dclrcqdclrcq Member
    edited September 2016
    rdomingo said:

2 - there aren't many stable firmware releases so you have to use the experimental ones. 

You really don't *have to* use the latest experimental version. I'm still on the latest stable and have no problems with my current setup/devices. It's not that extensive but it does the job for the moment.

I have the feeling that a lot of people think that an experimental version just adds some new features that the stable doesn't have.
  • dclrcq said:

I have the feeling that a lot of people think that an experimental version just adds some new features that the stable doesn't have.
    It's kind of true that is adds features. But it comes at a risk. A risk everybody knows when the check the experimental box.
    And if they don't i'm not getting the point of buying a homey for automation of a rock! (living under...)
  • tim1990 said:
    dclrcq said:

It's kind of true that is adds features. But it comes at a risk. A risk everybody knows when the check the experimental box.
    And if they don't i'm not getting the point of buying a homey for automation of a rock! (living under...)
    Yes, I meant that people think it only adds new features. But you also get bugs.
  • Missing homey already... Ik heb er toch maar 1 aangeschaft :-)
  • Nice! B) 
  • and @rdomingo keep on updating this thread, it is funny.