This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[BETA Release] HomeyDash a Dashboard app for homey

Comments

• PeaoPeao Member
    Why is this awesome thread in the off topic section? I just found it first, and are very happy now :#
  • Peao said:
    Why is this awesome thread in the off topic section? I just found it first, and are very happy now :#
    It started off topic :)
    I just had an idea, and tried to work it out. Never expected so much response to it tho.
  • Maybe @Annemarie can move the whole topic ?
  • Maybe @Annemarie can move the whole topic ?
    I should be able to move it as well. What section would be apropiate for this topic? :cold_sweat: 

• Well, it's not a device. And it's not an app. So maybe developers?
  • I will move this topic to developer. I think thats the best place :)
  • Peao said:
    This! I have been playing with several options for this over the past months, and I am a regular visitor... missed this project completely! Thank you so much for all the hard work!
  • @Annemarie Thnx! :smile: 

@jvreede Your welcome!
  • I have a feature request (sorry i know its work in progress)

Would it be possible to make a lock to zone or room in the dashboard.
    This weekend i zwaved my sons room on the attic again now that zwave is somewhat "stable".

Would be nice to mount a tablet , but not go going crazy of al the lights and stuff hes able to switch in the rest of the house.

• mruiter said:

I have a feature request (sorry i know its work in progress)

Would it be possible to make a lock to zone or room in the dashboard.
    This weekend i zwaved my sons room on the attic again now that zwave is somewhat "stable".

Would be nice to mount a tablet , but not go going crazy of al the lights and stuff hes able to switch in the rest of the house.

Several ways to approach this problem. You could use password for different zones, or perhaps accept external links so that it force locks on that zone (you can then force the table to go to that zone)
  • @mruiter
    @DieterKoblenz

The quickest and easiest solution would be to filter the zones view to only display the room you want to.

In the index.html you could change line 63 to something like this:
    <li class="col-sm-6 zone-item" ng-repeat="zone in zones" ng-if="zone.name == 'Zolder' "  ng-click="saveSettings(zone.id)">

Note the ng-if. You can do this with the zone id as well (so if you change the zone name, it stills filters only that zone).
  • That would require a code change for every room. Wouldn't it be possible to allow for a http get request in Angular to provide this information?

• True, you could also of course make the config button only visible on certain rooms. So set up the room, and add a ng-if to the settings button to only show it when it's not the attic. 
  • swttt said:
    True, you could also of course make the config button only visible on certain rooms. So set up the room, and add a ng-if to the settings button to only show it when it's not the attic. 
    But then if I switch to attic n my living room because I want to switch off the lights in the attic I could no longer go back ;)
  • Damn, I need to think twice before posting a solution
  • Force linking could be done using angular routes (at least now it runs on its own server). So http://yourip/attic can use a different html with the same controller and excluding the button from that html would do the trick....

Will try to add this in a next update, mind to create an issue on github as a reminder @mruiter?
  • As you guys noticed the dashboard hasn't got any new features lately. I just don't have enough time the upcoming 3 weeks (wich includes a week to italy for work, wich aint that bad ;) ). Any critical bugs found will be crushed tho, i'll see to make time for that. But new features will have to wait.

Let's hope athom has finished some api changes by then, so it will make developing this dashboard (and publishing) allot easier.

Maybe we could start make a list of "pages" to be added. These can/could be enabled or disabled in the config.json. I was thinking to start with a sabnzbd page, but any other requests are welcome :) Any feature requests in general.
  • I've followed the whole thread, but can't remember if you have or have planned a media page... think that would be awesome.
  • I've followed the whole thread, but can't remember if you have or have planned a media page... think that would be awesome.
    Any ideas how you had this in mind? Sounds interesting though.

Since i use TVheadend to watch TV in my home, i was planning to add this as well. So in the kitchen the wife can watch some tv on the tablet as well :)
  • Weather page  B)
    Use my app's Weather Underground API (which is then to be created) so you can use the users API keys (if used) and my app does all the heavy lifting.
  • Just saw this topic, interesting as I have been working on my own dashboard these last couple of days. Because I stopped working with my homey since a couple of months, this dashboard is listening to a mqtt bus and the data is collected with a set of nodejs microservices. Next step is scene selecten and more widgets to connect to plex/download tools/security camera/anomaly detection to warn about irregular events,etc.

• I want to make one of these smart mirrors. It would be great if there where some homey plugins for magic mirror v2.

unfortunately my programming skills in nodejs sucks.

https://forum.magicmirror.builders/

i might end end up writing some custom perl based webpage.

• nklerk said:
    I want to make one of these smart mirrors. It would be great if there where some homey plugins for magic mirror v2.

Nice! Had the same plan and have some basic nodejs skills. Let's make a new topic ;)
  • PBaan93 said:
    nklerk said:
    I want to make one of these smart mirrors. It would be great if there where some homey plugins for magic mirror v2.

Nice! Had the same plan and have some basic nodejs skills. Let's make a new topic ;)
    I will follow YOU!!! ..  o:)
  • After the software update my dasboard isn' t working anymore. Can any of you confirm his dashboard is still functioning? 
  • Would it be possible to use the same android tablet (used for dashboard) as web server? That could save users from additional device (RPI) to buy, feed and clean.
  • RobinVanKekemRobinVanKekem Member
    edited September 2016
    Should be possible. Don't know what the exact prerequisites are for the website but a web server app does exist:
    http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/android-web-server
  • Yes that is what I meant. There are many apps. The real question if they would work smoothly with the dashboard (speed, functionality, etc.) Does anyone have an experience? I have only iPads at the moment. 
  • I wont go there. A raspberry pi is cheap, fast and stable with a low power usage. 
  • Or wait until it is possible on the homey itself ;)