This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Fritz Box Call Monitor

edited September 2016 in Apps
Hi,

I have written an app that monitors call logs in Fritzbox. Are there any people here that uses this? I am in a very early beta version. But I wonder if I need to make it app store proof or that I only use it for my self and when I have more time publish this app.

Comments

• For me that was a nice app,here in Germany is Fritzbox are the mostly buyed router:) 
  •  Could you post a github link? I have a fritzbox and willing to test
  •  Could you post a github link? I have a fritzbox and willing to test
    I do not have it one github yet. The ip address is currently fixed. So I need to change that. I will post here when it is available.
  • Same here been using the fritzbox for many years now and would love a call monitor for Homey. 
  • any updates on this ?

• top Marcel
    i will have a look at it

• Hi Marcel

I get an error when i tested the flow. The problem is tel. number, i tested with divers numbers, can you look in this.

• olive said:
    Hi Marcel

I get an error when i tested the flow. The problem is tel. number, i tested with divers numbers, can you look in this.

Ok, Will look into this!
  • Bugfix done, it is on github and submitted in the app store for update.
  • Bugfix done, it is on github and submitted in the app store for update.
    Thanks Marcel :)
  • RobinVanKekemRobinVanKekem Member
    edited October 2016
    Is there a specific reason your doing the lift work yourself instead of using a node JS module like:
    https://www.npmjs.com/package/fritz-callmonitor

This node module contains some sort of phone list and enabling and disabling of guest WLAN:
    https://www.npmjs.com/package/node2fritz
  • Hi, well, basically to buildup knowledge for homey and to control the functionality the way I wanted. This was an easy app. The last one i tried but did not work on my Fritzbox.
  • Thank you very much for the app! I guess it will be very valuable for the German users of Homey as a Fritzbox is a very common router here.

I tried the app, however triggering a voice output of homey with an incoming call does not work. In entered the IP adress in the settings a left the port to the default setting (1012). Does it not need a login to your Fritzbox? How do I find the correct port?
  • I am new to homey and tried to install the app. it was not possible to add the fritzbox as a service to a room. Can Tom provide more info what the app is expecting to do?
  • I am new to homey and tried to install the app. it was not possible to add the fritzbox as a service to a room. Can you provide more info what the app is expecting to do?
    Can you provide.... Typo in append
  • Hi
     You need to switch the FirtzBox into the CallMonitor mode. This means you need to call with your phone that is connected to your Fritz box: #96*5*

After this you should get a conformation tone/info and if this is ok, then you can use the app to connect to your fritzbox. Fill in the ip address of your fritzbox. The port is default ok (1012).

• olive said:
    Hi Marcel

Ok, Will look into this!
    Hi Marcel

First thanks for the great app! Marcel when i pressed the test button, i get an error but the flow works, please look again into this.
  • olive said:
    olive said:
    Hi Marcel

Ok, Will look into this!
    Hi Marcel

First thanks for the great app! Marcel when i pressed the test button, i get an error but the flow works, please look again into this.
    v 0.02?
  • olive said:
    olive said:
    Hi Marcel

Ok, Will look into this!
    Hi Marcel

v 0.02?
    Yes i know, the flow work but when i press the test button get an error.
  • edited October 2016
    olive said:
    olive said:
    olive said:
    Hi Marcel

Ok, Will look into this!
    Hi Marcel

v 0.02?
    Yes i know, the flow work but when i press the test button get an error.
    A red cross you mean? Then it is not an error but that the card fail. This is because there is no number that matches during the test. Could you run this using the developer console? And see if you got an Error?  I do not get the error so it is hard without logging. Would be nice if athom provide a logging possibility. 

• Nice app, for now, it doesn't recognize a number. So even when I test against a specific number, the "and" card in the flow is always true.
    So, for now, I use it like this: If any call comes in, mute TV; (there is a delay of 2 seconds)
    If call ended, unmute TV. (there is no delay, som unmutes instantly).
    Works great. Thanks
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    edited October 2016
    Phonenumber is recognized here! I tested it with a calling from my iPhone to my homenumber. Works great!
  • Yes i mean the red cross and i think its an error. Marcel is it possible to implent telefon book?
  • olive said:
    Yes i mean the red cross and i think its an error. Marcel is it possible to implent telefon book?
    I am looking into this, but I am not sure yet.
  • Thanks Robin, I will take a look to it. But most programs use a downloaded  phonebook and store it somewhere... so that the program can use it. I prefer this to have automaticly otherwise you need with every update do this action. And also a pity is that with the new OS of fritzbox they disabled telnet. 
  • Hi marcel

Can you say what is wrong in this flow

• Hi, with call ended there is no phone number included. So the program does not have a phone number and the flow will not continue. 
  • oliveolive Member
    edited October 2016
    Hi, with call ended there is no phone number included. So the program does not have a phone number and the flow will not continue. 
    Ok thanks. Marcel please look for telefon book, dont forgot it, when you have time.