This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Home Energy Cosumption / aka Homewizard Energylink replacement.

Comments

• @mruiter I did move but I have still lots to do, my front and back garden are still a big sandbox at the moment ;)

@Webster a option for a water meter should be no problem, this is probably only a small software change.

I currently have 2 units which I could send to Homey users. However the units do not have a casing, I can supply the plastic casing but the holes still need to be drilled manually. Soldering these units by hand takes a lot of time (1 - 2 hours) and then I still have to do the casing (1 hour). Producing them by a company is quite a big step and requires a lot of money. So I am not sure yet what the next step will be.
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited July 2016
    casing no problem. please let me know where i can send the money for 1 of those 2

i also still had a sandbox in the backyard last year. i posted a job on a klusjesmarktplaats and got a great deal from a gardner that did a hell of a job for less money i could do it for myself. Im realy glad i did not do it myself
  • Same here casing no problem

send me a pm with the costs

and i am also able to solder smd so i can make a few if you want
  • Testing 

• I am also interested. Please send me a pm how i can order it...
  • from the first tests it is looking good easy new device setup 
    still testing
  • Ok small update unit is working fine insights also working 

I am going to build a sensor for the water meter and test with that 

Keep you posted 
  • Nice!
    Any pictures?  :*
  • Webster said:
    Ok small update unit is working fine insights also working 

I am going to build a sensor for the water meter and test with that 

Keep you posted 

For info see: http://www.homewizard.nl/kb/article/48/water-meten-met-de-energylink/
  • Update 

Homey version 0.10.0 

App is working 

de unit is working except energy return measurement when having solar panels 

working on a fix 
  • Nice!
    Keep them updates rolling in!  :)
  • any news?
  • @DennieDeGroot ; any News?
    i would really like to buy one. Maybe we could join together our cummunity strenght to make the product finished.
  • RemcoHanninkRemcoHannink Member
    edited November 2016
    @RamonBaas, i tried your DSMR plugin, but running or installing results in:

invalid type for `driver[0].settings[1].children[0].value` in app.json, expected type boolean
    invalid type for `driver[0].settings[1].children[1].value` in app.json, expected type boolean

I run Homey version 1.02. It looks like something in the API is changed ???

Gr, Remco

@RamonBaas, I solved this error by removing the double quotes around true in line 97 en 106 off app.json ??????

• @RamonBaas, and second, the node_modules/node-crc directory is empty resulting in another error.

Gr. Remco

• Hi,

I have build my own hardware in the meantime. Only need to write an app that show the data :)
  • @MarcelTimmermans ;

Could you give some more information on your hardware? If it is also serial -> telnet based you can use the app Ramon wrote?
  • @RemcoHannink The node-crc module you can clone separately. I've committed the fixes on the app for the other issues you saw (had them locally, but forgot to push them).
  • edited November 2016
    @MarcelTimmermans ;

Could you give some more information on your hardware? If it is also serial -> telnet based you can use the app Ramon wrote?
    I used an arduino board with a little bit of hardware and made software for it that push every 5 minutes all the values (so the telegram decoding is done on the arduino board) to my Synology NAS. This is always on. Now I am in the process to push this also to homey using the api. So I need to write an app for this.

In the synology I have a page that shows me some graphics. See attachment of example of the day view.

• I used an arduino board with a little bit of hardware and made software for it that push every 5 minutes all the values (so the telegram decoding is done on the arduino board) to my Synology NAS. This is always on. Now I am in the process to push this also to homey using the api. So I need to write an app for this.

In the synology I have a page that shows me some graphics. See attachment of example of the day view.

Hi Marcel,

Since I have a synology NAS I'm interested in your solution. Is it much work, can a n00b do it? I'm not a programmer, but electricity i can do. Would love to see my energie status. Even on the Synology!
  • What about the project of @DennieDeGroot ? No progress or response in this topic for a long time.  Is it completely stopped?
  • I've got a raspberry pi with an energy link cable and domoticz installed. It's drawing nice graphs.

Now i need to get the data to homey...
  • @Martinvdm There is indeed no progress since my last response :(
    @mruiter and @Webster both have a unit and have some small issues which I still have to fix.

The major problem is that making these units is very time consuming (pick and place / soldering / testing). The only way to reduce this is to do a small production run. But for this to happen I need to spend quite some money which I think I will never earn back again because of the small demand. So unless someone else has a good idea the project is halted for the moment.
  • @DennieDeGroot if the small production unit is not possible, why not raising the price of one piece? I think still, many of us, including myself, would love one to have.
  • Overlord said:
    I used an arduino board with a little bit of hardware and made software for it that push every 5 minutes all the values (so the telegram decoding is done on the arduino board) to my Synology NAS. This is always on. Now I am in the process to push this also to homey using the api. So I need to write an app for this.

Hi Marcel,

Since I have a synology NAS I'm interested in your solution. Is it much work, can a n00b do it? I'm not a programmer, but electricity i can do. Would love to see my energie status. Even on the Synology!
    Hi, you need to do some soldering. I am not sure if this possible for you. The software I am willing to provide.  

Another option is to use a p1 to USB cable and run this on a raspberry pick with domoticz.

And you could also order a board here which has the hardware complete and overwrite the software. http://romix.macuser.nl/shop.html

• Hi, any news to share?
  • I am curious as Well.  Would really like and Energylink replacement all in One solution.
  • Yes, me too
  • Well .. for.people who want a replacement theres iungo

Smart meter. So electricity gas water and solar is supported just like energylink.  

No need for the plus version because that one adds zwave and you already have this on homey.

https://www.iungo.nl/nl/

And there is a iungo app in the appstore for homey

• I have recently replaced my Energylink with Iungo. The information presented by Iungo is much better than Energylink, however the Iungo smartphone app is outside the home network not very useful.
    The Homey Iungo app is working well.