This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

So, it's Friday... But will this be a release friday?

Comments

• tweaqer [6:11 PM]  
    so it's officially no release friday this friday?

weejewel [6:12 PM]  (Emile)
    @tweaqer, probably not, somewhere next week I guess

• MarcoF said:
     "update Friday" doesn't exist and is something the community come up with. 

update <> release
    There might not be a release, but I'm still hoping for an update from @Emile. :)
  • Maybe this year
  • The next update, Homey 0.10.0, expected next week, will contain the new Linux Kernel, Homey Core v2 and Infrared. It's a lot more stable, insanely faster and many, many bugs will be fixed. It's the biggest update we've ever done, so be prepared! 

Emile's words from last week 

So maybe ....be patient

• MarcoF said:
    No update today. Emile said it yesterday on slack.

"update Friday" doesn't exist and is something the community come up with. 

So close this topic and keep your horses down to prevent the came up with other great creative ideas :D
    So we can close this topic and open a new  "would there be a firmware update today" topic 
  • Or 'would there be any updates this year...' it's ridiculous that it takes so long.. 
  • Webster said:

The next update, Homey 0.10.0, expected next week, will contain the new Linux Kernel, Homey Core v2 and Infrared. It's a lot more stable, insanely faster and many, many bugs will be fixed. It's the biggest update we've ever done, so be prepared! 

Emile's words from last week 

So maybe ....be patient

i cannot find anything on slack....
  • It probably takes this long because they are actually TESTING (and fixing) their changes this time around... which, in my opinion, is definitely not a bad thing. I'd rather wait another week to get a stable and useable release, than get it now and run into all kinds of bugs that make my Homey unuseable until the next update.
  • Maybe tomorrow, saturday update?
  • viktor said:
    Maybe tomorrow, saturday update?
    @Annemarie , care to shed some light on the situation?  :)
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited September 2016
    viktor said:
    Maybe tomorrow, saturday update?
    Regardless of how well they tested this internally, if I were Athom, I wouldn't roll out such a big update at a time when most of the engineers have their weekend off... so I'm expecting it on Monday at the earliest.
  • AnnemarieAnnemarie Member
    edited September 2016
    Bumblez said:
    It probably takes this long because they are actually TESTING (and fixing) their changes this time around... which, in my opinion, is definitely not a bad thing. I'd rather wait another week to get a stable and useable release, than get it now and run into all kinds of bugs that make my Homey unuseable until the next update.
    This gives a good impression of the situation we are in now. Emile will try to give you heads up somewhere in the afternoon about what's going on. 
  • Annemarie said:
    Bumblez said:
    It probably takes this long because they are actually TESTING (and fixing) their changes this time around... which, in my opinion, is definitely not a bad thing. I'd rather wait another week to get a stable and useable release, than get it now and run into all kinds of bugs that make my Homey unuseable until the next update.
    This gives a good impression on the situation we are in now. Emile will try to give you heads up somewhere in the afternoon about whats going on. 
    Thanks for your response
  • So it is evening and no update from @Emile 
    So @Annemarie what is the status ?
  • Just wait Webster.. I am sure an update will follow later today
  • But not the 0.10.0 Emile just said on slack
  • Reemster said:
    Or 'would there be any updates this year...' it's ridiculous that it takes so long.. 
    What is long.
    Lets hope that it become not later then 5 January 2017.
    On that day I will have my homey 1 year and I used it for 41 days. <3
  • Damm that's way to short 
  • Erwin75Erwin75 Member
    edited September 2016
    Reemster said:
    Or 'would there be any updates this year...' it's ridiculous that it takes so long.. 
    What is long.
    On that day I will have my homey 1 year and I used it for 41 days. 3
    Then dont buy a beta
  • Erwin75 said:
    Reemster said:
    What is long.
    Then dont buy a beta

Hmm.....   Beta? After 2 years   :joy: 

I' am not saying they don 't do their very best, but December 2015 :/  was aspected to be almost retail ready
  • I'm afraid Athom is cannibalising it's community / clients due to lack of sharing firm direction of progress. Maybe I'm wrong, just don't have the insights.
  • Thanks for the update  @Emile ;
    Better luck for you and all off us, in the upcumming week
     :) 

• Erwin75 said:
    Reemster said:
    What is long.
    Then dont buy a beta

:heart: 
  • back to domoticz too little progress here , will look again next year. 
  • @roblan Better look next week <3
  • roblan said:
    back to domoticz too little progress here , will look again next year. 
    Maybe it is also something for me.
  • Yes it's Friday again,
  • Yeah! Last day of work for the week!
    Getting home, grab a beer and let the update roll!! All positive posts about IR working again and other stuff.
    Good day to start a happy weekend!
This discussion has been closed.