This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Osram lightify

Will there be an official athom app for Osram Lightify? Since this seems to be the only real choice for garden spots and E14 bulbs I Would realy love to see the homey support this lamps.

Comments

• Oh, they are still busy with their api which is not released yet

• If you have a hue bridge you should be able to control your lightify bulbs as well. Unsupported, but it should work.

• We have just signed an EULA and hope to receive their API and devices soon. However, they are not the most responsive guys ever, so the timeline stays relatively unknown ;)

• p0ntsp0nts Member
    edited December 2015

Rob, I know they currently work with a hue bridge, but i also read allot of different opinions about that with problems.
    Also the plug, not sure if that works which I want to use.

Cool Stefan, knowing its most
    Likely coming is good enough for me now!

• I received the Osram RGB Gardenspots yesterday. They work out-of-the-box with my Hue bridge 2.0! :).
    So no Osram bridge needed for these because if you have a Hue bridge.

For now I like the Hue App over controlling my lights with Homey (voice & app not good enough user experience).

In the future you won't need the Hue bridge I've read in this forum because Athom is making an App for Osram Lightify to directly communicate with the lights.

• RobinRobin Member
    You would still need the Osram bridge!
  • Thanks for clearing that point. I misinterpreted your comment in this post. Well, I'll be using the HUE bridge in the future. Now let's hope Philips doesn't pull the plug again on 3rd party lights like they did in december 2015.
  • brot84brot84 Member
    Yes, thats worry me too, i hope that hue and osram stay still supportable. That was a crap in december last year. 
  • thayoung1 said:
    Thanks for clearing that point. I misinterpreted your comment in this post. Well, I'll be using the HUE bridge in the future. Now let's hope Philips doesn't pull the plug again on 3rd party lights like they did in december 2015.

Well, enough noise was made to make them reverse that decision, I don’t think they will try such a stupid move again.

• Can we execpted to Support the Lightify  GU 10 too? I have 10 Spots in my kitchen and i would to like to integrated in the Osram Bridge because i have reach 50 Hue Bulbs in my House:) 
  • or use the zigbee module from the homey and don't need the bridge ? ;-)
  • dcnet01dcnet01 Member
    edited April 2018
    works fine, please still osram gardenpole with integrating ?? Thank you

• dcnet01dcnet01 Member
    Hello,
    has something changed with the osram gardenspots, integration ??
    in the summer would be nice, in winter, it does not help me much 
  • I do not remember what to think of homey and its creators,
    Promises are made, there are also new apps presented but small requests or apps 100% (Danalock) will not work
  • I do not know what to think of homey and its creators,
    Promises are made, there are also new apps presented but small requests (Osram Gardenpole) or Apps 100% (Danalock) will not wor
  • thanks for the update, the garden poles are working now ..
  • Hello,
    the integrated garden poles work perfectly, it is possible to integrate the Osram Lightify Flex LED strip 5 m length for outdoor use. this is only recognized as a Zigbee device, thank you