This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Z-Wave still under development / finetuning?

mvdkallenmvdkallen Member
edited September 2016 in Questions & Help
Hi guys,

I lost track but would like to know whether the Z-Wave part in Homey is still under further development and/or finetuning, or not?

I've included Homey in my already existing Z-Wave network where the Fibaro HC2 is the main controller, but at this stage I can't do anything with it.

In the past, after I included Homey into my other Z-Wave network, Homey used to survey my network and "add" all Z-Wave devices into his configuration (.. meaning that I also could control- and monitor them through Homey) but after some update this functionality was fully taken out and ever since my homey is kind of... well, useless.

• Did I miss anything or is @Athom still working on the Z-Wave update?
  • .. am I maybe doing something wrong myself?
I have done a full reset of Homey already.

Best regards,
Mark

Comments

• @mvdkallen did you update to 9.3.1 already? Its not a stable release but z-wave should work!
  • @NPeters I'm running build 0.9.3.

Yesterday I've read that for this week there's a nice update to expect, so hopefully after this update Z-Wave and Homey's capability to work within an existing Z-Wave environment are working fine then.

• mvdkallen said:
    @NPeters I'm running build 0.9.3.

Yesterday I've read that for this week there's a nice update to expect, so hopefully after this update Z-Wave and Homey's capability to work within an existing Z-Wave environment are working fine then.

but still it will take a long time before we have apps that support all the devices. Many devices are still unsupported or only appear as a basic on/off device.
  • mvdkallenmvdkallen Member
    edited September 2016
    @Yannick ;
    This is of course a valid point, however at the same time it is part of the whole journey when developing and manufacturing a complex product like Homey from scratch till when it is mature enough to enter the market.

(.. and keep in mind that Homey officially still is in Beta right now. Once it is mature enough to enter the mass market then things will work out fine and will become available much faster as well).

But I do understand your feeling fully.
  • @mvdkallen I wasn't complaining, just answering the question.
  • @zwaveApps;
    Development took a sprint in the first weeks and now its a bit silence.
    Z-wave still has some nasty bugs and also the fact Homey firmware releases are slowing down isn't encouraging people to develop..... Why should I develop apps on a system with known bugs which are not solved? Also these bug  results in the fact that I get complains about my apps because of the bugs and I can't fix it.

Very curious about the development of these apps :)