This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

MOVE Kickstarter. They like Homey!

Comments

• Ordered late at Indiegogo, also nothing yet.
  • Instead of everyone posting that hey have not yet received their MOVE we could talk about how we would use it? Or how we would attach it etc?
  • BumbleBumble Member
    edited August 2016
    If there is an app, I'll buy them too
  • I already looked into the API documentation of the Move and I think it will be possible to create one. Will require the Bluetooth API of Homey to be available, though.
  • Or you could use the Arduino library for the time being?
  • Send them yesterday an e-mail to ask about the ETA of shipment. They said they would ship my order on the 9th of September. Hopefully Bluetooth will be done soon @ homey :)
  • Didn't they say they would make a zwave version of there product?
  • ARJARJ Member
    edited September 2016
    Got this email last week:

We have published the Android app and have sent out the survey in order to get the correct addresses so we can start sending out units. The iOS app still has some work but we estimate to be able to submit it within the coming weeks.

One other major news update is that we also have a Z-wave partner that we are going to work with in order to make a Z-wave version.

We are really excited and happy to be able to give all of you backers the possibility to upgrade to a Z-wave version if you want to because we have received a lot of request from you regarding such version.

We are able to do this because MOVE is built with two microprocessor units. One of them is controlling all the core functions (charging, calibration, buttons and so on) and the other is only used for radio and automations so it will be a clear case for our partner to make the Z-wave version because they will be able to solely focus on the radio and nothing else and it will not take any focus from us. We will be able to keep producing and pushing forward with the Bluetooth version. In order to use the Z-wave version of MOVE a Z-wave system/hub controller will be required. The Z-wave version will not need automations inside each MOVE unit because that will be managed from the Z-wave system/hub controller. We are going live with an Indiegogo project shortly where everyone that wants to upgrade from a Bluetooth version to a Z-wave version will be able to do so. We will proved everyone with a link to the project once it up and running. The estimated development time for the Z-wave version is 6-8 months.

For all of you backers that do that do not want a Z-wave version we will now start shipping the Bluetooth version. 

• I upgraded to the z-wave version for my 3 ordered MOVEs. So another year to wait.

• I upgraded to the z-wave version for my 3 ordered MOVEs. So another year to wait.

Change my order of 8 to zwave, very curious how it will continue. 
  • How did you change your order?
  • How did you change your order?
    I received a survey for shipping. It had a question about extra orders and zwave upgrade. 
  • I ordered from indiegogo, no survey yet.
  • I ordered from indiegogo, no survey yet.
    I backed them on Kickstarter. 
  • "Thank you for contacting us. We will send out information to Indiegogo backers regarding the Z-wave version and how to upgrade this week. Thank you!"
  • Got the indiegogo mail today
  • I backed 6 pcs of the Z-wave motor at their now running Indiegogo campaign. Have somebody got the Bluetooth motor yet?
  • Hi everyone. Got my move units yesterday. I installed them on vertical blinds and rollerblind. I used dual adhesive tape for the vertical blind and it was really easy. For the roller blind I used the wall brackets which was a bit more complicated because I needed plugs for my wall which was not included, (small-). I am literally blown away by the respons time that was pretty much instant in calibration mode. The motor also responds quickly when you take action using a slider to set position of your product, which was a (big +). I am also impressed by how silent the motor is. So far the ”scen” and ”automation” functions are not activated yet but I am very pleased so far. I recommend this product to EVERYONE! It is insane and I am actually in love :)
  • Just backed 4 Z-wave :smile: 
  • Hi everyone. Got my move units yesterday. 
    Did you got a Track & Trace number or a send notification e-mail from Move?
  • Great first review @therock123
    For those of you interested, here's the current campaign for the z-wave version: https://igg.me/at/movez
  • i also backed for 2 Z-Wave
  • Upgraded all 8 BT modules to Z-Wave nodes. Very curious to the first experiences with the BT mesh of Move. 
  • Martijn said:
    Hi everyone. Got my move units yesterday. 
    Did you got a Track & Trace number or a send notification e-mail from Move?
    Also keen to know this...I was told they would ship mine on the 9th Sept..
  • I didn't get any tracking number, just received the package. 
  • Great news!!! Thank you very much rock123 for an important review for me! I will now order 6 more :smiley: 
  • Survey came through - converted 6 to z-wave.
  • Maybe someone can clarify. Does Homey support the bluetooth version or is only the zwave version to be supported? I Ordered 3 bluetooth Move's back in Jan thinking they would be supported by Homey....
    can anyone tell ?
  • Maybe someone can clarify. Does Homey support the bluetooth version or is only the zwave version to be supported? I Ordered 3 bluetooth Move's back in Jan thinking they would be supported by Homey....
    can anyone tell ?

This is very simple:
    For now it isn't supporting Move!, this becase;
    1. Move only shipped BT version and homey's BT is still dead. 
    2. Move's Zwave version is released at its earliest spring 2017.

Trello has a "athom is working on move app" card. So athom us working on a app. 
    The zwave version will probably support dimmer classes and so it's very easy to support it. 

• I was curious about Move's 'power'.
    This was their reply:
    "You can test how much your product weighs by using a luggage scale. MOVE can handle up to 13lb " (6kg)
    So be careful with that, you might be surprised what a vertical blind might weigh.