This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official Z-Wave Aeotec

[App] Aeotec by Athom - main discussion topic

Comments

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited September 2016
    Sjaakie33 said:

Do you know what the future brings? 
    Athom is 10 times more unpredictable ;) 
  • JonJon Member
    edited September 2016
    hi @MarcoF it seems that since Sept 12 (when I updated the Aeotec app from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3 and also set the sample frequency to each 301 seconds) I get a ridiculous spike in my luminance graph each day. Before there was also a spike, but this was only up to around 1500-2000 lx, but since Sept 12 it's about 4500-5000 lx.
    The sensor is exactly on the same spot, receiving the same luminance pattern as before.

Any idea what might cause this? It's not that the wheather is so nice (yes it is) but we've had similar days this summer and it was never spiking this high during that sunny days.

• @Jon,
    No idea what this could cause.

The app only handles the data send by the sensor.
    Could it be some sort of (outside) reflection? Here we have sun reflection of the neighbors windows on certain days at certain times and it shines very(!) bright into our living room.

Sunday 11 september it was a very rainy/cloudy day. The last 3 days it was a blue sky with a lot of sun. 

Its for sure I can't fix this.
  • okay, anyway thanks for thinking along @MarcoF
    One last issue concering my sunscreen: since I am sampling the luminance each 5 minutes instead of each 60 minutes, there is a situation occurring where the sunscreen will be moved up too soon (because of an occassional cloud in front of the sun or something similar) and 5 minutes later it will be moved down again when the cloud has gone away.

Is there a way of preventing this?
    Such as: taking 3-4 samples in a period of about 10 minutes: if the average of these samples exceeds my set value, than let the action executed.
    Or: check, before the action is executed, how long ago it was that the previous action was executed. If this is < 5 minutes, then don't execute.
    But it doesn't seem to me that those flows can be created right?

Maybe another brilliant plan?

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited September 2016
    open on lux>5000
    close on lux<75

Then you have a very big dead point and only when the sun is (going) down lux will drop < 75

https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lux_(eenheid)#Enkele_typische_voorbeelden
  • MarcoF said:
    open on lux>5000
    close on lux<75

Then you have a very big dead point and only when the sun is (going) down lux will drop < 75

https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lux_(eenheid)#Enkele_typische_voorbeelden
    Yeah okay, that might help this specific issue. But how to solve similar issues where you don't want to execute an action based on 1 single occurance but on a more balanced occurance (e.g. series of samples)?
    I'm sure with more frequent usage of Homey, or other home automation systems, this will be a recurring question...
  • On my Vera3 I do an average lux calculation where I drop the highest and lowest value over 10 measurement.
    In this way you get a more stable lux and less flipping of the sunscreen.

Don't thing this is, with Homey basic, currently possible and I even thing its also not possible with tools as BetterLogic.

But on a Cloudy day is almost for sure the lux wont go over 5000.
    And on a sunny day is also almost for sure the lux wont go below 75.
    And in that special occasion that it happens.... The screen will automagicly do his thing to go back in the desired position.
  • Let's just ask if @Uranday (believe he created Better Logic, right?) will read along and give his view on it! ;)
  • hi all, I've solved my mystery. It seemed that (during the start of the fall season) the sun peeked just in between some trees and hit the sensor (BAM!) straight in it's face during some hour in the morning. So the spikes were actually quite accurate.
    Case closed, I should say...
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2016
    does someone with a ZW100 want to run (a debug) the experimental branch i'm busy with? it will display some information in the CLI i need for adding the tamper alarm for this sensor.

It will break your current motion sensors (they will work again if you revert to the store's version)
    a re-add is needed for at least 1 sensor :)

thanks in advanced :smiley:
  • Please merge the pull requests and make a new version. i want to be able to use my siren :P 
  • Hi 

Have been reading this topic and cannot find if the Gen5 ZW100 and ZW75 works with this app.

Anyone know?

Thanks

• @Robin ;

Any update soon? 
  • @caseda ;

Did see that the GIT for this app i updated but not in the store, can i just do a download and install ? 

• @djesko You can...
  • @BasVanDenBosch ;

Do need to add the zwave drv 

Error: Cannot find module 'homey-zwavedriver'
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:325:15)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:276:25)
    at Module.require (module.js:353:17)
    at require (internal/module.js:12:17)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/drivers/DSB05/driver.js:3:21)
    at Module._compile (module.js:409:26)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:416:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:343:32)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:300:12)
    at Module.require (module.js:353:17)

Exit code: 1
    Exit signal: null

did remember that i needed this when i tested a new fibaro app 

• @Robin ;

When will the + version be added ?    

@caseda ;

You added that to your PR if om not wrong ? 

Thanks 
  • @djesko ;
    plus version of what? all my PR's are in the app now and in the app store
  • djeskodjesko Member
    edited December 2016
    @caseda ;

The smart switch gen5 and multi sensor (not tested yet) , says no drivers found on the smart switch.

Thanks

• casedacaseda Member
    edited December 2016
    @djesko ;;;;;;
    the ZW075 (Smart Switch 6) is already included for ages now (since 10 september), i only added the meter_power capability in my re-write

what app version are you in :neutral:

a i see now that the ID is incorrect only using the old ID, how dit that ever happen :neutral:
  • thanks for the PR !  :)  
  • working great now !   thanks @caseda ;
  • djeskodjesko Member
    edited December 2016
    @caseda ;

No change on status when using HW button , add a GIT case on this app ?  

Does work after a re-add ! 

Thanks
  • Anyone got power reading working on smart plug?  
  • Not anyone?
  • djesko said:
    Not anyone?
    Is the driver already working? Which device settings are you using and how are the reflecting with the default/possible settings at cd-jackson and/or vesternet?
  • Will check the websites,  thanks