This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official Z-Wave Aeotec

[App] Aeotec by Athom - main discussion topic

Comments

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited September 2016
    @TinCup ;
    I prepared you a zip file(see attachment) with (check for the second time) all driver enable debug "debug: true".
    Please try to run the file at the NodeJS console with this command "athom project --run".
    For more instruction read this topic and developers.athom.com

While the app is running in the NodeJS console, go to the Homey zone where you want to device to show up.
    In the pairing wizard, go to Homey, select Z-Wave, follow the instruction and set your Z-Wave device in pairing mode.

Wait until the magic is finished and if the device you try to pair is supported by this Aeotec app, the device will show up. When the device isn't showing up, your specific device isn't supported by this Aeotec App.

Please let us know the results.

For more detailed info/help on the NodeJs stuff; please contact Athom ( @Robin )

• Downloaded the latest master.zip from https://github.com/freemann/com.aeotec

When I ran it in debug mode in Node it crashed with this error:

Error: Cannot find module 'homey-zwavedriver'
        at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:325:15)
        at Function.Module._load (module.js:276:25)
        at Module.require (module.js:353:17)
        at require (internal/module.js:12:17)
        at Object.<anonymous> (/drivers/DSB05-ZWEU/driver.js:3:21)
        at Module._compile (module.js:409:26)
        at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:416:10)
        at Module.load (module.js:343:32)
        at Function.Module._load (module.js:300:12)
        at Module.require (module.js:353:17)

After deleting the homey-zwavedriver folder and copying the driver from a earlier version of com.aeotec 
    it ran without errors.

• Known issue with all zwave drivers.
    Its something Athom came up with and not my fault. 

You need to download the driver and copy it into the node modules folder. 
  • Thnx, will keep that in mind with future app updates. 
  • MarcoF said:
    @TinCup ;
    I prepared you a zip file(see attachment) with (check for the second time) all driver enable debug "debug: true".
    Please try to run the file at the NodeJS console with this command "athom project --run".

While the app is running in the NodeJS console, go to the Homey zone where you want to device to show up.
    In the pairing wizard, go to Homey, select Z-Wave, follow the instruction and set your Z-Wave device in pairing mode.

Wait until the magic is finished and if the device you try to pair is supported by this Aeotec app, the device will show up. When the device isn't showing up, your specific device isn't supported by this Aeotec App.

For more detailed info/help on the NodeJs stuff; please contact Athom ( @Robin )
    I  did try this before, tried again. App is running in debug mode, but still no debug output, only:

so it looks like my door sensors are not supported.

best way to get in contact with @Robin to solve this?

• TinCup said:
    MarcoF said:
    @TinCup ;

I  did try this before, tried again. App is running in debug mode, but still no debug output, only:
     <image>
    so it looks like my door sensors are not supported.

best way to get in contact with @Robin to solve this?

Send me an email at robin@athom.com, or via Slack! 

But before you do that, could you open your Homey interface in Chrome, open the inspector (console) and add the door sensors as basic z wave device, then copy paste the logging (the large JSON object if present) into the email, this will give me some more info on the device type your door sensors are using.
  • Jon said:
    MarcoF said:
    Parameters should be saved, but not on pairing.

Some more info to Robin's posts;
    Its up to the developer of the App to make the App in that way the user knows what to do with the settings.
    In the ideal world, the App developer defines the perfect default settings and the end-user just installs the app, pairs the sensor and everything works as expected.
    But there always will be users that want the insights to update every 5 instead of 10 mins. And then it should be clear to the end-user which setting (s)he should change.

I really hope Athom this week fixes the default settings bug
    Alright @MarcoF, but why do i still get an interval update of once per hour? I have (since yesterday evening) the following settings, which should give me an sample each 5 minutes, right? (i have rebooted both the sensor and Homey after setting this).

Hi @Robin do you perhaps know a solution to receive a more frequent update from my sensor (at least for luminance) than only once per hour. Although I have set 300 seconds, see above, it still does not report more than 1 time per hour.
  • What is the exact version of your device?

The spec sheet below indicates that there are multisensors that do not support the reporting intervals.

http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/device/741
  • Robin said:
    What is the exact version of your device?

The spec sheet below indicates that there are multisensors that do not support the reporting intervals.

I have the Aeon Multisensor 6, does this support it? It's actually their newest sensor..!
  • I know, but seem to be multiple versions of that sensor, one supports reports on time intervals, and the other doesn't.

http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/device/824

• Robin said:
    I know, but seem to be multiple versions of that sensor, one supports reports on time intervals, and the other doesn't.

Okay and which one does and which one doesn't? I seem to have the ZW100-C (http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/device/824), might this be the 'faulty' one then?

• Jon said:
    Robin said:
    I know, but seem to be multiple versions of that sensor, one supports reports on time intervals, and the other doesn't.

Okay and which one does and which one doesn't? I seem to have the ZW100-C (http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/device/824), might this be the 'faulty' one then?

@Robin Would be really interested in your answer to this! :)
  • @Jon
    Did you compare the A-B-C versions?
  • MarcoF said:
    @Jon
    Not sure. I'm not a z-wave technical expert, nor do I see the A-B-C versions in the link. The info in the links does not say much to me.
    The only thing I'd really like to know in this issue if my multisensor will or won't support more frequent sample rates than only once/hour.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited September 2016
    Jon said:
    MarcoF said:
    @Jon
    Not sure. I'm not a z-wave technical expert, nor do I see the A-B-C versions in the link. The info in the links does not say much to me.
    The only thing I'd really like to know in this issue if my multisensor will or won't support more frequent sample rates than only once/hour.

Then Google is probably your best friend .
    You can't expect Athom to answer all the answers on "basic" question about device you bought.

Is there a producttype label on the device? Could you post a pic of the label?

[edit]
    Also; did you test it with the new Aeotec app? 

• MarcoF said:
    Jon said:
    MarcoF said:
    @Jon

Then Google is probably your best friend .
    You can't expect Athom to answer all the answers on "basic" question about device you bought.

Is there a producttype label on the device? Could you post a pic of the label?

[edit]
    Also; did you test it with the new Aeotec app? 

Hi @MarcoF ; if you read my previous posts you could read that - yes - I installed the new Aeotec app from the appstore - and also I wrote which type number I saw on my multisensor.
    I assume it's kind of logical sense to expect that if someone (in this case @Robin) poses a certain feature, that he could expect questions to explain his point a bit more.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited September 2016
    Hi @Jon, could you quote yourself? Can't find the part about the new app. I also asked for a photo of the label, it can contain very valuable info which can look like garbage for others, such as firmware version, Release date/version, etc. 

I'm trying to help, but without useful info that's very hard. 

Also the app supports the feature you ask for, but your sensor isn't doing it, that with Robin's answer makes it very simple. 

Again: please test it with the new app. 
  • JonJon Member
    edited September 2016
    My bad @MarcoF it was this post (https://forum.athom.com/discussion/1928/what-do-i-do-wrong-here/p1) where you could see from the screenshots etc that I use the new Aeotec app).
    Here's a photo of the label. I am very curious if you make any conclusion with it... I can't. Also, from Robins answer I cannot derive which sensor does and which doesn't support the frequent sample rate. Can you? If so: please enlight me ;)

• Your last post in that topic is from 9 September and Athom released a new app the 10th. 
    So please check the installed aeotec app on your homey is the same version as the current one in the store. 
    If that's the case, check the parameters. Best it to change them one by one to 301 secs and after each change wake-up the node. 
    This way you are "sure" the parameter is saved. When this done, wait some time and see what's happens. 

The pic is indeed not showing extra info. 
  • JonJon Member
    edited September 2016
    Okay I see. It's because of the f*cking bug with Homey frequently losing connection with Athom Cloud that the aeotec app didn't update itself... I will do it right away and try your advices, @MarcoF . Thanks for your patience.
  • Oh, and what do you exactly mean with 'wake up the node'. Press the little button on the sensor?
  • @Jon try setting 111,4,300 in the RAW parameters field, save, wake up the node (yes, the button on the sensor) and then wait some.

I added one of my sensors, motion sensor stayed on -> entered 5,1,2 in RAW parameters -> motion sensor working good*
    interval was default at 300 but it didn't report every 5 minutes. Added 111,4,300 to the RAW parameters (thus beeing 5,1,2;111,4,300) and presto an update every 5 minutes.

*motion sensor working as good as implemented currently. The Multi Sensor 6 isn't really supported in the way the sensor is engineered. The sensor exposes a Motion Alarm and a Generic Alarm (and Tamper) The Motion Alarm is send when an actual motion is detected, the Generic alarm starts at the first detection of movement and is cancelled the duration of parameter 4 in seconds after the last motion is detected. 
    I sure hope that this will be corrected and that the Engineering sheet is Athom's source and not the previously linked pepper1 pages!
  • Jon said:
    Oh, and what do you exactly mean with 'wake up the node'. Press the little button on the sensor?

Yes hit the small button and within a sec hit save in homey. You should see a message it's save successful. If the device isn't wake up, you see a message which indicates that. 

@DaneeDeKruyff ;
    Raw seems a proven way, but let's test the UX of the more user-friendly settings part. 
  • And here are the result of the Jury: UX sucks because it doesn't give the desired result :smiley: 
  • And here are the result of the Jury: UX sucks because it doesn't give the desired result :smiley: 

Based on the most recent app? And what did you test? 
  • JonJon Member
    edited September 2016
    Hi MarcoF props to you. It seems that - after implementing your instructions - I'm getting now an update every 301 seconds starting after around 08:10 PM:

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited September 2016
    @Jon ;
    Thanx and your welcome! 
    Most of the credits go to @JeroenVollenbrock! ;
    Athom, as far as I know, still didn't confirmed it as a official bug. 

Lets wait on the next big mighty awesome rocksolid update and hopefully it fixes this (probably) small and high impact issue.

still very(!!!) disappointing there wasn't released a hotfix for this, now all app "owners/developers" need to fix there drivers because of this fix and the wrong example/sample code. 
  • MarcoF said:
    And here are the result of the Jury: UX sucks because it doesn't give the desired result :smiley:" alt=":smiley:" height="20" /> 

Based on the most recent app? And what did you test? 
  • Ok, so I type a full essay on why I say the UX sucks, but it didn't get posted and no way to edit my post.... The forum doesn't like me... :(