This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Microbot push a robotic finger

Now i know how i can do a automatic coffee with a fully automatic machine. It works with bluetooth and wifi with a bridge supports IFTTT . I hope that i can use with homey, i have order this yesterday. Look it here :smile: 

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/microbot-push-a-robotic-finger-for-your-buttons#/

Comments

• A robotic finger, who would have thought of that? Brilliant!
  • I think this product is brilliant, for this devices. I liked other commentary from the community too! 
  • brot84brot84 Member
    So i have an update, my microbot comes in middle August, i hope someone can brew an app. I would like spend money for anyone who can help to built an app
  • Only curios but for what are you going to use the PUSH?
  • I don't think you'll need an app for this when Homey gets official IFTTT support. 
  • brot84brot84 Member
    @burner: you can use it for all devices with a button, look into your house,  washing machine, dumb Full automatic Coffee Machines i think it gives many scenarios who you can use this microbot fingers
  • I hope that my microbots shipped next week to me,would like to have anyone one microbot to develop for an app maybe? 
  • jordenjorden Member
    edited September 2016
    I really like this concept and would love to create a Homey app to make my Imac start when I enter my office. Or perhaps for the coffee machine to push the Cappuccino button
    I would love to try and make an app for it once the Bluetooth functionality on Homey is available.

But I am thinking, if I order a Prota box, it should be possible to create an app before the Bluetooth functionality is available on Homey. And I would like to be able to turn on/off the lights and perhaps airconditioning as well. So then I would need 4 buttons. So I am going to think about that and perhaps order. The website seems to state that delivery won't take long.
    Update just placed an order for 4 microbots and a Prota S. We'll see!
  • Looks promising! Do you know if it's capable of press a "touch"? For example for the senseo coffee machine.
  • nice jordan:))) @msmits ;i have seen a comment were they are write that is possible to touch touchscreens withs the microbots.when i find the article then i post it.
  • Michiel85Michiel85 Member
    edited September 2016
    jorden said:
    I really like this concept and would love to create a Homey app to make my Imac start when I enter my office. Or perhaps for the coffee machine to push the Cappuccino button
    I would love to try and make an app for it once the Bluetooth functionality on Homey is available.

But I am thinking, if I order a Prota box, it should be possible to create an app before the Bluetooth functionality is available on Homey. And I would like to be able to turn on/off the lights and perhaps airconditioning as well. So then I would need 4 buttons. So I am going to think about that and perhaps order. The website seems to state that delivery won't take long.
    Update just placed an order for 4 microbots and a Prota S. We'll see!

Keep us updated when received and if you are able to use them with Homey.
  • My Microbots are shipped  at Wednesday, Now i dont become Tracking Updates, i think that are the Microbots are now in Germany, i hope  that the customs thing are going right. When all its fine i think that can i execpted the. Microbots next Week
  • Mine are shipped on wednesday as well, wondering when they will be in the Netherlands :)
  • @jorden have you become a new Tracking Number for NL. My package shows at the tracking site still says

16:03 22-Sep-2016INCHEON

Flight number : KE905

How are goes your Tracking at the moment? 

• Same! No changes yet 
  • So today i was surprised that the Microbots are coming with post after days without Tracking Update, since Customs are theyre no Updates coming so thats normaly.First lock, all Good it works fine and smooth. Only now i missing the Prota Box because to set the time to push a button how long, in the App does it but you have it to do manually to hold the button how long you wish.Only you can set the push length.I shot photos in the next Hour...
  • brot84brot84 Member
    edited October 2016
    So here is a Video from the push:    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4xTO1uCvDg

• Nice! Mine might be delivered to the office then. Will see on monday. You didn't order the box as well?
  • Yes i did order the prota box as well. Now the Microbots are listed on Amazon.de too. I hope i become the box till mid or end of October
  • Just received one Microbot... I also ordered the starterkit with the Prota box (Sugru?) and 3 microbots so it's kinda weird to just receive one LOL. Guess I'll need some more patience.
  • The Sugru are coming with the Prota Box together this Month..  But why do you have become only one Push? . . . I dont understand . Which colour you have buyed? And works the one good what do you have received? 
  • I have ordered the starterpack (protabox + 3 bots) and 1 bot. I thought I'd receive the 4 bots already but I guess that since it's a pack, they'll send it together with the box.

I just tested on my remote control for the airconditioning but I was unable to place the bot on it since I'd have to stick it to the screen of the remote control... which I don't want to do. No other space available on it so for now, no luck ;)
    Next option is to put it on the light buttons but as I only have one, I'm not going to do that yet until I receive another one.

Had some trouble pairing it by the way, since it seems to be already paired ... the LED was red. I had to turn it off, turn it on, then push the button and keep it pushed for approx. 10 seconds until it started blinking red. Then I was able to pair it to my phone.

Now if Homey Bluetooth becomes available, I might see if I can get an app ready :)
  • Could Microbots and Homey work together without Prota, once Homeys Bluetooth API is finished? Like as they work with a smartphone directly.
  • I think they should. But as far as I understand so far, the Microbots will only work with 1 Bluetooth connection.

So in short, they are either paired with your phone, the Prota box, or Homey. Not completely sure about this though.
  • And the commands, used throughout Bluetooth, should be known for Homey to be able to control them.
  • Second set of microbots, including the protabox (bridge), is on it's way :)
  • Yes? I didnt receive any shipment email for the prota box , Naran have asked me if i wish to change the colour to black, i write yes but no confirmation email. I have to write a email now what is happend. Please report how is the Prota Box . Thanks,have a nice day
  • It hasn't arrived yet, just received a tracking code. But I will let you know.
  • I received the Prota S yesterday, together with the remaining 3 microbots I ordered (starter package). It was quite a surprise that I had to pay 59,22 euro's to import them.... it's insane. It also came with a plug that doesn't fit the Dutch sockets, so I had to use a USB to wallplug converter from my old phone.

I also had a lot of troubles setting up the box. The app is not so clear, the website neither, and the box seems to have crashed while updating after I finally was connected. It took ridiculously long so I had to leave for work. Am going to continue to try today, but so far I'm not really convinced that it was a good deal to buy them.
  • Hi Jorden, 

any update on this? Also I'm wondering what the dimensions are of these buttons so I can check if they will fit on our coffee machine ( Senseo Sarista).