This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Control Tesla functions

Is anyone working on a Tesla app that controls airconditioning, charge schedule, close roof when it starts to rain (if the car is not moving). Or that logs all movements and charge sessions? 
If no, would someone be interested to do such a project? I am willing to donate some money for that or offer a drive in my Tesla. 

Comments

• Controlling your car with Homey?  >:)
  • They had it in mind (top right corner):

• MarcoF said:
    Controlling your car with Homey?  >:)
    Yes, preheating, cooling, change charge level, ask for charge status, schedule certain tasks. Lots of stuff that can be done via the Tesla iOS app but that would be nice to ask Homey to do it for you.

ZperX said:
    They had it in mind (top right corner):

Is that a mockup or real?
  • Mockup, the only one thas has come to live untill now is the Philips hue app :(
  • And Nest... Also: It has Sonos twice :p
  • I like the NEEO app :dizzy: 
  • ErikVanDongenErikVanDongen Member
    edited September 2016
    Is anyone working on a Tesla app that controls airconditioning, charge schedule, close roof when it starts to rain (if the car is not moving). Or that logs all movements and charge sessions? 
    If no, would someone be interested to do such a project? I am willing to donate some money for that or offer a drive in my Tesla. 
    I would like to create it. Need a Tesla or api access credentials to test it.  Where do you live?

My gps and drivexone apps allready supports the core tracking and triggering logic. 
  • I would like to create it. Need a Tesla or api access credentials to test it.  Where do you live?
    Let's get in contact. Mail me at marcel@mspapens.nl
  • I love to see the interest in NEEO. NEEO will come with an API but its not public yet. the remote isn't finished either.
  • Is the Tesla API open?
  • DieterKoblenzDieterKoblenz Member
    edited September 2016
    No, Tesla does not endorse this yet.

"Of course, developers are eager to create some funky apps that will make the expensive Tesla vehicles even more connected. Musk has said that Tesla Motors is indeed working on an SDK, with the potential to open up a platform for third-party developers to create Internet-connected apps and making Tesla vehicles even more "gadgety."

The official SDK is expected to be delivered sometime in 2016. In the meantime, there is an unofficial JSON API for the Tesla Model S that can remotely monitor and control certain aspects of the vehicle. Of course, as an unoffical, community-driven API, it can break at any time. But, to explore the potential of APIs on the Tesla platform, we will walk through the unofficial API--testing its capabilities and determining the kinds of apps it can enable."

• There is an api that is open to developers, if you use it correctly and don't misuse it. There are a lot of apps already to control and monitor the car. It is nit documented, but some developers have done a good first attempt to it. 
  • MarcelSpapensMarcelSpapens Member
    edited September 2016
    http://docs.timdorr.apiary.io/#

edit: I see that this is the same link that Dieter Koblenz has posted.
  • MarcelSpapensMarcelSpapens Member
    edited September 2016
    The issue is that there is no developer/temporary access code to enter it. The only ones that can give access is a Tesla owner. And with the access code you can also start and drive the car...  :#
  • So there should be a setting in the app to enter the access code.
  • So there should be a setting in the app to enter the access code.
    Yes.
  • ErikVanDongen The Jaguar Remote app does have similar functions. Would you be able to create an app for a small reward as well?
  • YannickYannick Member
    edited September 2016
    I have a Tesla and I'm a developer. But currently no time to develop the app myself. But I can help testing it and add features once basic plumbing has been done.
    Also fiddled around with the unofficial JSON API and doesn't look to complicted, just not very familiar yet with the Homey app structure.
  • Great, Yannick!
  • Yannick said:
    I have a Tesla and I'm a developer. But currently no time to develop the app myself. But I can help testing it and add features once basic plumbing has been done.
    Also fiddled around with the unofficial JSON API and doesn't look to complicted, just not very familiar yet with the Homey app structure.
    Great! I'll have the basic plumbing set up soon, probably this weekend. Will post a github repro in this thread. 
  • Good luck !
  • ErikVanDongenErikVanDongen Member
    edited October 2016
    First alpha version is available in the app store: https://apps.athom.com/app/com.tesla
    Thanks to @MarcelSpapens and @Yannick for testing.
    This app (v 0.0.1) is now without triggers and tracking. This is under development ATM.
This discussion has been closed.