This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Comments

• Don't think they can make it. 
    But a smart idea. Yesterday I had looked to a magic mirror. I like that idea. 
  • DieterKoblenzDieterKoblenz Member
    edited September 2016
    Not sure, their hardware seems simple. Delivery in December 2016 though.... 

As a rule I think all kickstarter like projects should just remove all yearnumbers from their projects

Edit on a more serious note, 700 euros retail price?! For a monitor with webcam and microphone.. This is another project where software development will have to prove its worth... 
  • A monitor with touch-screen. Plus BT, zwave, zigbee etc. Those are harder to find for that price.
  • Pretty good idea but will be hard to make it!
  • I don't think this device has native zigbee, zwave or IR but it can talk to the hubs (as can a lot of other programs). The documentation is scarce even though they're about to finalize their hardware. I'd say it will fail...
  • This looks pretty awesome! However, I think when Homey becomes more mature it will be perfectly possible to build this yourself with Homey as a backend. @swttt has already started developing a beautiful dashboard app. 
  • Hope to see some sort of speech API to Homey so it should be sort of easy to create this.
    Athom has promised support for custom dashboards, like swtt is building.
    Hope you can install a custom dashboard like a app later on.