This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[App] Greenwave Systems by Athom - main discussion topic

Comments

• Webster said:
    Status of the switch is polled so it should update 
    its updating, but the time between physical switching and seeing it in Homey is taking way to long (compared to my Vera3). Based on the Vera3 it could work way faster and without locking/holding up the Z-wave chip. 
  • JPeJPe Member
    @Phuturist or anyone else: Can you tell us, where can we find the list of Parameters for the Greenwave NP310-F ??
  • JPe said:
    @Phuturist or anyone else: Can you tell us, where can we find the list of Parameters for the Greenwave NP310-F ??
    The Greenwave Powernode sockets take five parameters.
    • Parameter 0: Minimum variation in load current before a message is sent. Value in percent (30 => 30%)
    • Parameter 1: After how many minutes the GreenWave device should start flashing if the controller didn't communicate with this device (default is 2 and range is 1-255)
    • Parameter 2: Wheel position on the GreenWave device (read-only)
    • Parameter 3: Default state after power loss
    • Parameter 4: If the LED should indicate a network error by flashing or not
  • JPeJPe Member
    Thanks @Phuturist this is very usefull information, 
    you didn't mention your source, is it secret? Is there a general information source for this kind of info?
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited August 2016
    @JPe 

http://www.pepper1.net is a very good source and starting point. 
  • JPe said:
    Thanks @Phuturist this is very usefull information, 
    you didn't mention your source, is it secret? Is there a general information source for this kind of info?
    I posted it on the forum some time ago. Just looked that up. Can't find the source anymore. But as MarcoF mentioned the pepper1 database is pretty good.
  • Still looking forward to the 1-node driver.....

Perhaps this 'bump' helps :-)
  • Eternity said:
    Still looking forward to the 1-node driver.....

Perhaps this 'bump' helps :-)
    There is a pull request pending approval that adds this device. But since Emile created the app I'm guessing that it will be approved after his holidays. Patience is virtue or you could install it locally, I have posted a working version earlier in this thread.
  • @Phuturist ;
    Part of my dilemma is that every day I hope to see "published" in the forum.... Leading to an easy install via the App store... 

Thanks !
  • Tired of waiting, I manually added the Greenwave App to I Clyde PowerNode 1 support. 

After successful installation (thanks community!) I notice some strange results. 

I added 3 Greenwave PowerNode 1's to my system. It had only the Greenwave 6 included, not it has 3 extra PowerNode 1's. As a result I would expect better z-wave response, but the setup with 1 device opperated better than the (mesh) setup with now 4 devices....
  • Z-wave has 2-way communication....

But...

With the Greenwave powernode-1 and powernode 6 with Homey, I get no error if I switch a devise and it is not responding...

I can even "switch" a not-connected-to-mains Powernode 1 and 6 and the devise switches in the App, web interface... but doesn't do a thing, of course.

This is new to me. In Domoticz a "not powered" devise would not switch *or* gave an error as feedback.
  • Eternity said:
    Tired of waiting, I manually added the Greenwave App to I Clyde PowerNode 1 support. 

After successful installation (thanks community!) I notice some strange results. 

I added 3 Greenwave PowerNode 1's to my system. It had only the Greenwave 6 included, not it has 3 extra PowerNode 1's. As a result I would expect better z-wave response, but the setup with 1 device opperated better than the (mesh) setup with now 4 devices....
    Have you given Homey time ro rebuild the mesh network table. In my experience this can take up to an hour or even more. I have 2 Greenwave 6-nodes and 2 Greenwave 1-nodes spread over my house and other that the occassional zwave crash or lock up (which is caused by a Fibaro sensor) this setup is running smooth.
  • @Phuturist ;
    Yes, waited more than a day.... 
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited August 2016
    I do find this strange...and it must be App related and not z-wave/Homey related.
    Let me try to explain.

Setup 1
    I have a Greenware Powernode 1 and a Powernode 6 included in a Domoticz setup. The nodes are polled and I have increased the "no communication LED' value is set to 255. The distance from the controller to the first node is about 3 meters and the distance to the second node from the controller is about 7 meters (and from the first node 4 meters).
    I have zero green LED flashings and the communication is 100% save. Also, the feedback from the node is accurate (on is on, Off is Off, and these settings are always correct).
    => My conclusion: the powernodes must be oke!

Setup 2
    I included a Powernode 6 included to Homey with the Athom store Greenwave App. The distance is about 5 meters and the powernode is polled. I have had some difficulties with the green led flashing, but the feedback and actual state of the powernode ports is reported back correctly.
    => My conclusion: Homey is capable of controlling Greenwave Powernodes

Setup 3
    I manually installed three Powernode 1's and a Powernode 6 with the App from Github (after hard resetting the Greenwave nodes).  This is a desaster...
    The distance between the first Powernode and Homey is about 2 meters. Still, this node starts flashing within an hour. After 2 days it is still flashing (Homey must have had a change to rebuilt the z-wave grid). All other nodes start flashing green too.
    I have all nodes polled, but can't increase the "flashing led" setting to 255, as this value can't be saved via the App.
    The status reported is also crap. I can remove a node from the actual wall socket and still switch the node via the App or web interface. I don't get a "device is not available" or other error feedback.
    => My conclusion: ????

Bottomline
    The nodes work. The Domotics setup works. The Homey setup fails with the manually installed App.

• @Eternity I have 2 powernode 6 connected to Homey.  After a ptp they work for a little while and then the green flashing stats. Switching the nodes does not work anymore here. It worked for a while. Perhaps because I have 2 fibaro motion sensors (zwave+)  paired securely,  this does not work anymore . 
  • @MennoVanGrinsven ;
    So, you too are having these issues....

It is odd that it seems to work for a while. And, as I concluded, it is not the powernodes problem (in Domoticz they happily work for months in a row).

@Athom
    Please.... address this issue..
  • @Eternity ;
    Please be patience and give Athom some time for the Z-Wave 2.0 rewrite !
  • Oh, I thought  that z-wave was already a re-write, as we had to re-include our devices.
  • It seems my Greenwave powernodes or not reporting the current energy usage correctly anymore since the update to 1.0.1. Anyone else experiencing this?

The situation seems the same when I did not have the correct associations set prior to 1.0.1. But I do have them set now.
  • Phuturist said:
    It seems my Greenwave powernodes or not reporting the current energy usage correctly anymore since the update to 1.0.1. Anyone else experiencing this?

The situation seems the same when I did not have the correct associations set prior to 1.0.1. But I do have them set now.
    Seems to be working with my powernodes... no changes after the 1.0.1 update (multiple reboots though)

• EternityEternity Member
    edited November 2016
    I have a weird Greenwave / Homey issue. After a PTP Greenwave works, but looses connection to Greenwave Powernodes within a couple of hours. I have set polling with a small variation to my nodes. This is something that has been discussed (not solved....) a lot in various topics.

But....

In my kitchen I use 2 power nodes to monitor the dishwasher and the close-in boiler. 

What i find odd, is that although separated only 10 cm from each other, one can stay connected and the other looses connection. A know that z-wave uses a mesh connection, so this is odd!
  • Is there a way to stop the blinking for powernode 1? 
  • If it is blinking it means it has a loss of network connection try Ptp 
    Decrease poll interval
  • @Webster  Thanx, will try that. 
  • Can anyone help me with the following use case:
    • Situation: 1 powernode 6 with 5 adapters (laptops, ipad, 2 phones)
    • When for each node the energy drops below a certain energy level (differs per adapter), the node is switched off. (this one is simple, I've managed to do this based on checking the appropriate levels in Insights when a device is fully loaded)
    • Now I want Homey to check (say every two hours) I there is a device locked on that needs energy. If so: switch on. If not, switch off. In this case, I do not have to manually switch on the block/individual node when I want a device to be loaded.
    I thought about switching the whole block on and check the sum of energy levels of all nodes. But the whole block does not sum up all energy levels (in my case). And to keep the whole block on and check each node every 2 hours is quite some work... any ideas how to intelligently do this?
  • How do you know a device needs energy?
  • How do you know a device needs energy?
    That's the challenge! Well, if the adapter draws more energy than when the device is fully loaded. For instance: my macbook air draws 0.8 watt when fully loaded, around 30 watt when loading. So I switch off the powernode when energy drops below 2 watt. And now I have something that powers on the node every two hours, checks if it draws more than 2 watt and switches off when it draws less than 2 watt. 

But if you are unlucky, you have to wait 1 hour and 59 minutes before Homey checks if a device needs energy. So that's where I would like something smart!
  • Don't know what you want to do, but if you turn off a socket you never can tell it needs power because there Will be no power through the socket. You just turned it off. So you need another device that tells you that particular device needs power and based on that gives Homey the signal it needs to turn the socket on.
  • AppieAppie Member
    edited December 2016
    OK, so basically I'm stuck with the following flows:
    (1) Enable all 6 sockets every x hours and (2) start 6 flows to check which sockets have a device that pulls more than x watt. Those that pull less dan x watt should be disabled.

So no genius idea on how I could trigger the 'enable all 6 sockets' part instead of checking every x hours?
  • TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited December 2016
    For the people having stability issues with the Z-wave network...
    Push meter reports (default per 10% power change) of the Greenwave devices are a suspected cause of the stability issues...

In below example, my Powernode 1 device was reporting almost every 10 seconds... on small power variations matching the default setting of 10% power change.
    After removing Homey's ID out of association group 3, meter reports are no longer being pushed to Homey, but only pulled via the polling interval (in below example at 300 seconds):
    I cannot confirm stability improvement yet (will report tomorrow)..

Temporary solution is to remove Homey's ID out of association group 3 (power reports will be provided based on polling interval).

Pull requests have been made by me and @Phuturist: ;to update the Greenwave app.
    See the github issue for more details.