This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

sensative strip no alarm

Bought for testing a first Sensative doorstrip. Installed the app and included the strip. All went perfect.
But the final result was negative. Homey always gives "no alarm" with and without magnet at the square end of the strip. The led at the strip itself blinks when I put the magnet away from the strip. Who can help me finding a solution?

Comments

• mruitermruiter Member
    edited August 2016
    Have the same problem already reported it @thorarin a few weeks ago. He said he would look into it.
    No update has been since then, maybee its dependend on a Athom update because zwave is still crap.

Have the issue with all my eight sensative strips
  • Had the same. Filling in the parameter 1 to 0 (1,1,0) in raw configuration parameters did the trick.
  • JanHJanH Member
    @Aljoen tnx for reply. I tried it right away but no change. What figure did you fill in at associations group 1?
  • Just the standard 1. 
  • JanHJanH Member
    @Aljoen tnx again. When I included the strip at the associations 0 (zero) was filled in. I changed it to 1 like you suggested, so that cannot be the reason either. Any other advice for me? At the Sensative site I read about reaction time or something like that. They showed it with a fibaro homecenter where the standard time was 24 hours. I really donot know what that can mean. The strip reacts right away I presume.
  • @JanH ;
    have you woken up the strip? or wait until it did automatically? (it will only send the parameters as soon as the strip wakes up, also know als "battery saving mode")
  • Nope, sorry.
     Does the LED blink when you remove the magnet A? 
  • JanHJanH Member
    Aljoen said:
    Nope, sorry.
     Does the LED blink when you remove the magnet A? 
    Yes, it does. @caseda does the strip wake up when I remove the magnet?
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited August 2016
    this is what the manual says:
    Wake up Strips manually for Z-Wave communication. Place the round magnet (B) at the rounded edge. When the LED blinks, move the magnet away. Repeat 3 times in total within 10 seconds

so no not when the led blinks, it only wakes up after you "removed" the magnet 3 times within 10 seconds

• JanHJanH Member
    @caseda yes! It is awake! Tnx very much. Even my testflow gives the right answer. Maybe this is also the solution for @mruiter ;
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited August 2016
    Any experiences with these sensors in "PVC/plastic window frames" iron strengthened? Very curious if the signal of these sensor is strong enough to conquer the iron.

• AlleAlle Member
    edited August 2016
    MarcoF said:
    Any experiences with these sensors in "PVC/plastic window frames for the home" iron strengthened plastic window frames? Very curious if the signal of these sensor is strong enough to conquer the iron.
    I have three sensors placed, in the gap, between the metal door frame and door and no signal problems.
  • JanHJanH Member
    @MarcoF I have a plastic door with iron on it at the opening vertical side both at the door as at the opposite frame. I experienced the same, so no signal. My solution was to place the strip at the upper horizontal side (all plastic) and the magnet at the frame, both close to the opening side ofcourse. That works perfect.
  • Aljoen said:
    Had the same. Filling in the parameter 1 to 0 (1,1,0) in raw configuration parameters did the trick.
    caseda said:
    this is what the manual says:
    Wake up Strips manually for Z-Wave communication. Place the round magnet (B) at the rounded edge. When the LED blinks, move the magnet away. Repeat 3 times in total within 10 seconds

so no not when the led blinks, it only wakes up after you "removed" the magnet 3 times within 10 seconds

A combination of the above did work for me also.
    So save 1,1,0 to raw parameters and the wake it up manually by putting the rond magnet 3 times on the rounded side of the strip.

Thx!
  • Thanks for the tips guys, I have them working again now :smiley: 
  • Adding new devices gives "invalid_driver" on Homey v1.0.1

https://github.com/Thorarin/com.sensative/issues/1

• i dont know if @Thorarin is still active here. 
    if he doesnt react i will have a look and maybee update the app
  • ThorarinThorarin Member
    edited December 2016

I'm currently waiting for a fix in the homey firmware to be published. This should happen in 1.0.3.

In addition, a minor update to the app should make sure that initial parameters are set correctly, but I cannot in good conscience publish that change until I've been able to actually test it; so that means waiting for 1.0.3 first.

If you cannot wait for either the firmware or the app update to be released and you're familiar with Git, you can install the version from this branch: https://github.com/Thorarin/com.sensative/tree/driver-rename, but the downside is that you'll have to re-add your Strips and fix all your workflows to go back to the official app.

• bvbbvb Member
    do the strips work with this app now? Any experience with them?
  • @bvb I have 3 strips working with current stable versions 
  • Have 12 stript all working perfect
  • Is there someway to up the signal strength of the sensative strip? I've installed it on our garage door, about 5 meters away from the homey. But it blinks 5 times... And sometimes homey responses but most of the time it doesn't.

• WathLamersWathLamers Member
    edited May 2018
    During intall you supposed to have homey whitinn 1 meter.
    Perhaps thats the solution. 
    Than you can replace your homey
     :)   @Tante_Linda