This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

How-To - Aeotec MultiSensor 6

Comments

• JonJon Member
    @Robin have you got any idea when the aeotec multisensor app will be available in the appstore for regulier install? I'd prefer not to 'mess around' with outside-appstore installations... ;)
  • did you install de zwave driver module via npn install ??

lokks like you forgot this step
  • Webster said:
    did you install de zwave driver module via npn install ??

lokks like you forgot this step
    pretty sure I indeed did not do that :) 
    and thanks to @RobinVanKekem as well for the documentation
  • Yeah I probably f*ed up:
    - got errors installing the driver
    - the aeotec app doesnt want to uninstall :(

going to wait till its in the app store - waited this long, couple extra days won't hurt...
  • what are the exact steps that you did 

@ericjanvanputten or send me a email maybe i can help via teamviewer
  • Webster said:
    what are the exact steps that you did 

@ericjanvanputten or send me a email maybe i can help via teamviewer
    hi Webster, great offer, unfortunately I cant take you up on it till wednesday/thursday due to travel.
    However I roughly did the following:
    - installed the aeotec app first via powershell - went well
    - then it said it didnt work.. :) and above got the tip to install the zwave driver with the readme help supplied on github as well. 
    - tried to install it, but seemed i needed to install git first as i got a lot of errors. 
    - installed git
    - tried to install again from github directly, but also from the local downloaded unzipped version. 

aeotec app still gave errors, uninstalled and reinstalled it. 
    still same issue (see below just in case)

and now the app doesnt uninstall.. just keeps showing its back with issues. 

app issue:
    Error: Cannot find module 'homey-zwavedriver'
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:325:15)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:276:25)
    at Module.require (module.js:353:17)
    at require (internal/module.js:12:17)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/drivers/ZW096/driver.js:4:21)
    at Module._compile (module.js:409:26)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:416:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:343:32)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:300:12)
    at Module.require (module.js:353:17)

hoping for the app to show in the app store ;) somewhere this week. 

ow i'm on 0.9.2 now as well. 
  • Make sure to checkout the github repo (not downloading the zip), and run: git submodule update —init.
  • Robin said:
    Make sure to checkout the github repo (not downloading the zip), and run: git submodule update —init.
    He Robin, thanks man - but to be honest :) i'm a total noob and need copy paste ready chunks :)
    I tried powershelling in and copy pasted your 'git submodule update -init' and it comes back with that its not a git directory, i tried to run this command in both aeotec as the zwave driver folder.

I also tried installing the zwave driver again and this time it seemed to have installed without error'ing out, and reinstalled the aeotec app as well - but still fails.

However after disabling the aeotec app, rebooting, then removing it seems to be removed.  
  • Well, you might first what to get familiar with git(hub), and do a git checkout of the Aeotec repository. Or you could wait, app will probably be released in the next couple of days.
  • Robin said:
    Well, you might first what to get familiar with git(hub), and do a git checkout of the Aeotec repository. Or you could wait, app will probably be released in the next couple of days.
    I don't think you are wrong :) - but i think i will choose to wait.. a bit ;)
    Thanks for all the help though!

ow - maybe 1 escape - i might get some help from a dev friend - if so, i will keep you guys posted
  • Just a tad curious if there is news about the app. :)
  • still no app....... :-1: 
  • @Robin ;Would love an update or an estimation..

i.e. If I know it's going to take a few more weeks, no problem.. In that case I'll go ahead and perform a manual install. 
  • Jerryvdv said:
    @Robin ;Would love an update or an estimation..

i.e. If I know it's going to take a few more weeks, no problem.. In that case I'll go ahead and perform a manual install. 
    It will take several weeks to create the app. So go further with manual install ;)
  • Hi, 

On a related note, I know that there is a 1.08 firmware for this sensor which allows one to disable the detection light. However, it is not posted on the aotec site. Can anyone tell me how to get hold of the EU version of this firmware?

Thanks!

Jan-bart
  • Tired of waiting for the official App, I manually installed the Aeotec version from Github. It installed nicely and shows up in my App's list, but has an exclamation mark.

I thought "perhaps I have to install the z-wave drivers too". Tried to install, but the console gave no confirmation of a successful installation... and I still see the ! error with the Aeotec App.

Are the z-wave drivers needed?

Any suggestions guys and gals?
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited August 2016
    @Eternity ;;;
    Check if the folder "node_modules" contains the subfolder "homey-zwavedriver".
    If its there, its not a issue.
    If its not there, then you need to download "homey-zwavedriver" from Git and place it in the node_modules.

[edit]
    Just downloaded the Aeotec Git and it contains the "homey-zwavedriver" folder, but the folder is empty.
    So you need to download the driver and copy the files to that location.

Also tested (one of 4) Aeon Labs Smart Energy Switch v2 (AEO_SES2_EU) and it isn't recognized and so paired as a generic device.
    Here the Z-Wave info;
    manufacturer id:"134"
    product id:"24"
    product type id:"3"
    [edit2]
    Zipped the working app with "homey-zwavedriver" onboard. Just download, unzip and install it manually on your homey.
  • @MarcoF ;
    Thanks you sir!
    Will try it out !
  • And... Working nicely! 
    Added two multi sensors ☺️

BTW
    What happens if an official App is released in the App store? Will a higher numbered version automatically overwrite the manually installed App and will the devices remain installed? 
  • @Eternity ;
    If i'm right, the official app will be installed over the old app. So no worries :)
  • Hi All,

Does anyone have problems detecting motion since the update to 0.9.3?
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited August 2016
    Yes, I do. 
    To be more precise. The motion icon does not show any change when motion is detected (the led on the sensors lights up,  but in the App and browser the motion icon stays unchanged) *but* my motion triggered flows still work! 
  • Checked again....and motion detection is working *with* correct feedback (icon in App and online)!  
  • eternity: thanks... cant get mine to work :( Light works, but flow doesn't
  • Mine took a night to start behaving ;-)
  • MarcoF said:
    @Eternity ;;;
    Check if the folder "node_modules" contains the subfolder "homey-zwavedriver".
    If its there, its not a issue.
    If its not there, then you need to download "homey-zwavedriver" from Git and place it in the node_modules.

[edit]
    Just downloaded the Aeotec Git and it contains the "homey-zwavedriver" folder, but the folder is empty.
    So you need to download the driver and copy the files to that location.

Also tested (one of 4) Aeon Labs Smart Energy Switch v2 (AEO_SES2_EU) and it isn't recognized and so paired as a generic device.
    Here the Z-Wave info;
    manufacturer id:"134"
    product id:"24"
    product type id:"3"
    [edit2]
    Zipped the working app with "homey-zwavedriver" onboard. Just download, unzip and install it manually on your homey.
    @MarcoF : I did manually installed the Aeotec app with your provided zip-file. Tried to add a "Aeon Labs Recessed Door Sensor Gen5"  (ZW089-C), but no success. Powered off/on Homey, still no result. Also tried to add it as an Generic Z-Wave device, no success.  Any idea?  
  • @TinCup ;
    I only zipped the source with zwave driver and I'm not the developer of the app. My wildest guess is that app isn't supporting your module yet. 

Probably you could contact the developer(s) of the app with a support request for your module(s).
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited August 2016
    The recessed door sensor works, I wrote the code for it and it was added through a pull request by someone else to the aeotec app from Athom.

What went wrong when adding it? Did you have within a range of 1 meter of Homey when you try to add it?
    Also, somehow the default settings aren't properly set when a device is added so after adding it you would have to change the 'Command to send' to 16, save the settings and wakeup the device. Also, check the associations, you wan't Group 1 to have 1 (Although I doubt if it is needed since the sensor will always report too the SUC which happens to be homey itself under normal circumstances)

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/1785/aeotec-recessed-door-sensor-gen-5-working-on-0-9-1
  • The recessed door sensor works, I wrote the code for it and it was added through a pull request by someone else to the aeotec app from Athom.

What went wrong when adding it? Did you have within a range of 1 meter of Homey when you try to add it?
    Also, somehow the default settings aren't properly set when a device is added so after adding it you would have to change the 'Command to send' to 16, save the settings and wakeup the device. Also, check the associations, you wan't Group 1 to have 1 (Although I doubt if it is needed since the sensor will always report too the SUC which happens to be homey itself under normal circumstances)

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/1785/aeotec-recessed-door-sensor-gen-5-working-on-0-9-1
    I tried to add the device (within 50 cm) and pushed the button, but nothing happens :-( after a while (30 secs) it times out with message: The interview has timedout. No device found.  I did a Homey reboot, did not help... 
    any idea how to find out what is going wrong? (running version 0.9.3)