This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey getting slow, too many flows active?

Hello,

I have 36 Flows active, the WebUI is gettings low, also reactions to motion detectors (which enable lights through flows) are getting slower.

Suggestions? Logs sent, via the button in Settings>System, my Athom Cloud ID: 56a0ebadbdc38b966486ac09

Grs Bas

Comments

• Log send code: 856A62A706

ps. perhaps too many apps active instead, or the combination?
  • I have more flows active and it still runs kaku stuff fine. Don't have any usuable motion sensors to test at the moment
  • I am very intrested if this could be so.
    But, could it be possible there is a flow runnig that checkes somting every second? 
    I can image that homey has to work very hard then.

• pocpoc Member
    edited August 2016
    I have being experimenting just now ,i have 3 multi sensors from fibaro ,and the one in the livingroom is switching a dimmer2, also from fibaro, but when motion is detected it takes some seconds for the dimmer2 to go on.Now i made a flow with my door sensor to switch the dimmer to turn the lights on ,and now the lights go on immediatly.So homey doesnt delay the second flow, inspite the many flows a have.I think i will have to take a look at the settings of the fibaro multisensor.Switching the dimmer2 with the android app or trough the webui is instant. 
  • pocpoc Member
    Just removed the living room sensor ,restarted homey ,and then readded the sensor again.When motion is detected the lights go on with a delay of 3 until 10 seconds !
    In real life this is not useable.When i monitor the sensor in the zones & apparaten ,the motion is instantly viewable .Soo ... "geef mijn porsie maar aan fikki".
  • I am very intrested if this could be so.
    But, could it be possible there is a flow runnig that checkes somting every second? 
    I can image that homey has to work very hard then.

Could be, I do have 2 motion sensors from Kaku, that I know are checked every second. I set a variable if they go off.. perhaps that could be it. Will disable those flows to see what happens.

ty for the feedback
  • poc said:
    I have being experimenting just now ,i have 3 multi sensors from fibaro ,and the one in the livingroom is switching a dimmer2, also from fibaro, but when motion is detected it takes some seconds for the dimmer2 to go on.Now i made a flow with my door sensor to switch the dimmer to turn the lights on ,and now the lights go on immediatly.So homey doesnt delay the second flow, inspite the many flows a have.I think i will have to take a look at the settings of the fibaro multisensor.Switching the dimmer2 with the android app or trough the webui is instant. 
    Hello poc,

My Kaku motion sensors can take up to 3 secs, but usually not more.. but today a bell took 10+ secs to react... after that it was working fine again (fast reaction)... but seems some schedueled task or something that updates sometimes ALOT activates.

Curious what Athom can find.
  • srkineosrkineo Member
    edited August 2016
    Found it, I only have 2-3% free memory...

Going to research how to login to my homey and do a top><
    [edit] (100/totalmem)*freemem = 60.7% for me...
    After reboot It stays the same. Disabled quite some apps to get at least 25% free mem

What are your values while having apps running???

And does anyone know how to read:
    loadavg[3.314453125,2.00341796875,0.93359375]
    [/edit]
  • Those are Linux values.
    First is CPU load of 1 minute, second of 5 minutes and 15 minutes.
    But their not percentage:
    http://blog.scoutapp.com/articles/2009/07/31/understanding-load-averages
  • loadavg over 2 means your cpu (2 cores) is constantly busy. If you've uploaded an app through the cli once you'll get an extra option "developers" in the settings-menu where you can see memory and processor-usage per app...
  • Does Homey has 2 cores?

As far as I known Homey is using this SOM:
    https://www.solid-run.com/download/pub/solidrun/SR-uSOM-mx6/Bochure_MicroSOM_06-11.pdf

Homey has 512mb RAM and based on the specs chart of the PDF, its a single core 1ghz proc.
    The product page of Homey also says "ARMv7 CPU" and this mx6 SOM is ARM® Cortex®-A9 which is ARMv7.
  • pocpoc Member
    I experimented some more, i disabled all my flows except a test flow .The test flow turns on the light via a dimmer2 from fibaro when motion is detected.It gave no improvement in comparison with all the flows enabeld ,the lights turn on after 3 till 10 seconds.

What i did noticed was that the motion actually turns the test flow on ,the test flow turns the lights on and after 15 seconds turns the lights off,when it takes 10 seconds for the lights to turn on ,after 5 seconds it turns the lights off.

So , homey hesitates to send the on signal right away , or the dimmer2 doesn't respond well !
    To be continued ...

• MarcoF said:

The product page of Homey also says "ARMv7 CPU" and this mx6 SOM is ARM® Cortex®-A9 which is ARMv7.
    The settings-page says it's ARMv7 rev 10(v7l) which is http://nativeboinc.org/site/detail_host/1366 then?

• RobinVanKekem and BasVanDenBosch, TYVM. Very usefull info. I will check out app cpu usage by enabling dev mode soon:) tytyty, looking forward to analyzing performance!
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited August 2016
    @BasVanDenBosch ;;
    ooooo noooooo's its a Quad core;
    https://trmm.net/Novena/cpuinfo

Lets stay with the facts;
    Homey uses a solid-run module with a ARMv7 proc with 512mb and the only flavor there, is a single core. But maybe Athom has a different (read special) unit :) 
  • srkineosrkineo Member
    edited August 2016
    Hello again,

So I got the developers options in the settings menu. Great.
    I can monitor all the enabled apps, they all use 0% cpu.
    However over an uptime of 5 days, my Homey is still slow, and the load is now:
    loadavg[1.3740234375,1.42138671875,1.314453125]

It is still above 1, so very high (ty for the documentation link). Any suggestions, or should I just log a support ticket?

Grs

Base

[edit] ps since it is not an application process, I assume it is an OS\native load issue. So I am, one by one, disabling flows.. to see if I can get the load down[/edit]
  • srkineosrkineo Member
    edited August 2016
    No apps active, no flows active, load:
    homey_version 0.9.3
    hostname HomeyNachtwacht
    loadavg [0.73095703125,0.69482421875,0.64697265625]
    53% of memory free

73% of resources gone... seems a bit much to me? what do you guys think?
    loadavg[1.65185546875,1.451171875,1.02587890625] << once flows are enabled, kaku, hue, fibaro and news apps. Slow reaction on lights:(