This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Activate other flow

Hi,

I have a flow that does a bunch of things on voice activation.

To prevent having to make another flow with all these actions in the 'then' column, I tried to make the second flow as follows; if: button pressed, then: activate flow 1.

But flow 1 never activates. It seems like flow 1 really needs voice input to start. As if the trigger for flow 1 can't be overridden by letting another flow activate the flow.

If this is the case, why does Homey make it seem like it's possible to activate flows from another flow? Apparently it isn't possible to override the trigger of the original flow?

Comments

• Activating a flow is not the same as triggering a flow:
    When a flow is deactivated it can not get triggered. Activating a flow again just makes the flow available. The trigger still needs to fire.....
  • Flow activation is about enabling and disabling a flow. It's not a card with which you can start another flow. To do this make a variable and use the 'on variable changed' (Betterlogic App).

If you give more information about what use case you're working with, maybe I can help you with some alternatives.
  • Allright, thanks.
  • Tim_Brass said:
    Activating a flow is not the same as triggering a flow:
    When a flow is deactivated it can not get triggered. Activating a flow again just makes the flow available. The trigger still needs to fire.....
    The part for activation I understand also the triggering, the part that I did not understand was "Schakel flow uit" or "Schakel flow in"  but it basically this disables and enables a flow again which can be handy when you are on holiday or when you are not home that certain flows are not run.
  • Well that's pretty confusing. It really looks like you're going to set a flow into motion. Thx for this info!
    @Athom :  shouldn't this get another name then? Or at least some indication that you're not going to trigger a flow but activate/deactive it. Didn't know you could do that btw. Also not very clear anywhere in the flow editor.