This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[UPDATED V0.0.5]Pushbullet Notifications

PandaPanda Member
edited May 2017 in Apps

Pushbullet notifications

After creating an app for Pushover and Pushalot I decided after some requests to also create an app for the Pushbullet service.

A lot of trial and error went in the authentication via Oauth2 with Pushbullet but with the help of @Emile and @EvertorN I finally got it working and just send out my first successful notification.

App is available in the app store https://apps.athom.com/app/nl.tonversteeg.pushbullet

Trigger Card added

Update V 0.0.5 now available in the app store:

- Support added for Image grabber, Doorbird and other apps that can generate image tokens.

Update V 0.0.4

- This update has a new feature, you will now be able to send a message to Homey and use the Trigger card in flows.

Comments

• Great job @Panda ;:smile: 
  • Nice!!
  • How much work would it be to build in the ability to send a JPG picture through your app? I would love to extend my https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/19350 Synology Surveillance Station app with new abilities to send out snapshots :)
    (Already discussed it with Athom about sending them to the 'official' Homey app, but that is not yet supported)
  • PandaPanda Member
    edited April 2016
    @jorden It should be possible, Pushbullet API provides a way to upload a file. You first need to do a upload-file request, then it will return a response with the URL that can be used to send as a notification and a URL to upload the file to with a POST command.

But we need to figure out how Pushbullet knows where the file is located your app generates.
  • Currently, I have the file base64-encoded in javascript. So I can possibly just push it with a command:
    new Buffer(data.data.imageData, 'base64')

That is, ofcourse, if they allow that :) if I need to provide an URL or file path that will probably not work.
  • jorden said:
    Currently, I have the file base64-encoded in javascript. So I can possibly just push it with a command:
    new Buffer(data.data.imageData, 'base64')

That is, ofcourse, if they allow that :) if I need to provide an URL or file path that will probably not work.
    Could this not be realised on the NAS?
  • I already made it available through email, so if it is an easy fix to add this as well that is possibly easier than trying to do that on the NAS.
  • PandaPanda Member
    First version is waiting for apoval in the app store, this first version allows you to send push notifications to all devices or to a single device.
  • PandaPanda Member
    Version 0.0.1 is just released.
  • Just tried this. Works awesomely on my Android phone. Is it also possible to make Homey listen to Pushbullet events, rather than sending them? So let's say I wanna trigger a flow based on the fact that someone sent me a text. Would that be possible?
  • PandaPanda Member
    @EvertorN Yes this should be possible, will look into this.

• Thanks for making this app! Works great!
  • PandaPanda Member
    New update is pending approval, this fixes the notification display on IOS devices.
  • PandaPanda Member
    Made a new update V 0.0.3 which has Insight support and a check if the message isn't empty.
  • PandaPanda Member
    Update V 0.0.3 now available in the app store.
  • PandaPanda Member
    Update V 0.0.4 now available in the app store.

This update has a new feature, you will now be able to send a message to Homey and use the Trigger card in flows.

IMPORTANT: If you already have the Pushbullet app on your Homey, be sure to go to Settings>Pushbullet and sign off and sign on. This is needed to create the device for Homey.
  • Panda said:
    Update V 0.0.4 now available in the app store.

This update has a new feature, you will now be able to send a message to Homey and use the Trigger card in flows.

IMPORTANT: If you already have the Pushbullet app on your Homey, be sure to go to Settings>Pushbullet and sign off and sign on. This is needed to create the device for Homey.
    This doesn't work for me... I'm on 0.0.4.. And 0.0.4 was my first install..
    This is my test flow

• @Bumble ;
    Did you try and leave the second card out and have Homey speak the message?
  • @Bumble ;
    Did you try and leave the second card out and have Homey speak the message?
    Yes I did.. Silence was the result...

• edited August 2016
    I signed off, but it does not let me sign in again. I can push the button what i want, but nothing happens

*EDIT*:
    never mind. Popups were blocked

Cool seems to be working

• Going to try signing in again then.. Although 0.0.4 was my first install
  • First of all thanks for this vital and amazing app!  Sadly I seem to have some difficulty with the log in now. I have used the app constantly for a long time, unfortunately at the last up date (V1.0.1) I got the red ring and needed to recover and lost everything. When I reinstalled pushbullet, I can get the pop-up when clicking 'log in' but it doesn't load and hangs on a blank page. I've tried different computers/phones/chrome/desktop app with no luck. Do you have any suggestions?
  • @ericwegen Which way to login do you use google sign in or facebook? Are you able to use a smartphone as hotspot, and try it that way?

• Panda said:
    @ericwegen Which way to login do you use google sign in or facebook? Are you able to use a smartphone as hotspot, and try it that way?

Thanks for responding Panda!  I login by Google.   I'll try tethering my phone as a hotspot right after work today .  Many many thanks for your help and contributions ! ! 
  • Panda said:
    @ericwegen Which way to login do you use google sign in or facebook? Are you able to use a smartphone as hotspot, and try it that way?

It worked!!! :D :D :D !!! Many many many thanks Panda!  Your help is vastly appreciated!!! Many thanks! 
  • Glad it worked, thank you for the donation, much appreciated! 
  • Hi! Since last weekend the Pushbullet app stopped sending notifications.. I already rebooted Homey and did a new login in the app, but still nothing..

Any idea whats wrong?
  • @keverjeroen Had the same issue, to fix this:

1. Log off from settings>pushbullet under Homey
    2. Go to the pushbullet.com website and log in
    3. Go to devices and remove Homey
    4. Log in on the Homey pushbullet app and try again.
  • @Panda, I tried that. Removed it in Pushbullet under devices and under connected apps. Then readded it, made a new flow (just to be sure), but still doing nothing.. :(
  • try a homey reboot, without login off from the pushbullet settings page.