This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Düwe

Who can help me by creating an app for the Düwi ZME_05436 device. I was able to use it before the update to firmware 0.91/0.92 but with the new way of adding zwave devices I am no longer able to control my home theater screen. And that is kind of bummer. I have no experience with programming in JavaScript bu I do know programming so I might be able to help or alter code when I it is presented to me.

Comments

• Aren't you the one who send me an email on nl.inversion Gmail?
  • Duwi is a "sub brand" of zwave.me

I'm currently working on support for the duwi rollershutter:
    http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/device/119

"Development" of the driver is  fairly easy and is going fast, only the acceptance of the pull request is going "very slow". @athom said the would review some request, sadly no updates are available in the appstore. 

• @RobinVanKekem. Yes that's me.

@MarcoF thanks. Would be great if that works. But is the ZME_05436 the same as the ZME_054367Z?
  • @pascal ;
    If I compare the ID's in the screenshots you provided with the pull request then they are different.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited August 2016
    Don't known, depends on the "manufacturerId", "productTypeId" and "productId".
    Here Homey refused to pair with the 05436.

Did a quick compare;

http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/device/600
    Product Name:		Blind Control Insert S500
    Brand Name: Z-Wave.Me
    Product Line: -
    Product Code: 05436 -------------------------------- Manufacturer: Z-Wave.Me (0x0115) Product Type ID: 0x1000 Product ID: 0x1003 -------------------------------- supported parameters: 18 ============================================= = ============================================= http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/device/119 Product Name: Flush-Mountable Blind Control v1.3 Brand Name: Z-Wave.Me Product Line: Düwi modification Product Code: 054367Z -------------------------------- Manufacturer: Z-Wave.Me (0x0115) Product Type ID: 0x1000 Product ID: 0x0003 -------------------------------- supported parameters: 14

Biggest and most important difference between the 2 devices; 18 vs 14 configurable parameters.
    Looks like most of the parameters "are the same" and the 054367Z is a "cheap/lightweight" version of the 05436.

Just did pull-request to Icarus master and now its waiting on;
    1. accepting the pull-request by Icarus (other pull request is already waiting 6 days)
    2. Getting the new version published to the Appstore (didn't see app updates for almost a week)

I'm not expecting this version within 10 days in the appstore.......

Pull-request(s):
    https://github.com/IcarusProject/me.zwave/pulls

For the adventures people, here you can download the most recent version with 054367Z support:
    https://github.com/freemann/me.zwave/archive/master.zip

• pascalpascal Member
    edited August 2016
    @MarcoF ;
    I had no problem pairing the homey with the 05436 as a default zwave device.
    How can I install this most recent version on my Homey? I am feeling quite adventures smile 
  • The ID's you provide in the screenshots @pascal where different as to the one provided by @MarcoF ;

• where did he post screenshots?
  • On my mail  :D
  • On my mail  :D
    LoL
  • Whats the brand of that device and could you post a photo of the type(sticker)?

If this is really a Z-wave.me and/or Duwi module, then its reporting the classes very(!) strange!
  • RobinVanKekemRobinVanKekem Member
    edited August 2016
    This is a zwave.me device, if understand correct.

But shouldn't a different app be created for Duwi since the average user won't know that Duwi is a sub of zwave.me?
  • I wil unpair and pair again tonight and make a new screenshot of Homey and the back of de Duwi module.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited August 2016
    This is a zwave.me device, if understand correct.

But shouldn't a different app be created for Duwi since the average user won't know that Duwi is a sub of zwave.me?

I "agree" with you that for the UX the apps should be splitted. On the other hand these devices have the same manufacturer ID and as far as I understand it there should be one App per manufacturer.

So based on the BrandName it should be splitted, based on the ManufacturerID it should be one app.........

I think this is not a example on its own, think there are more "sharing brands"/productlines.
  • Yes, most likely there will.
    Got me to wonder: what happens if you don't install the app (but is published and all at the play store) and are pairing the device?
    Would be nice if an suggestion came up with an link to the app in the store.

Same thing has been done, sort of, with adding a new device and using the search bar
  • Just had a 1:1 with @JeroenVollenbrock about this "issue".
    Duwi is a "productline" of Z-wave.me and it looks like Duwi is EOL.

For now its better to keep the brands in one app.
    The Appstore will be able to select/suggest the rights app(s) for the device to pair.

• I paired en unpaired the device and the screenshot send earlier is the same. For now I am able to controle the device by another switch but it would be nice to use it in a flow.
  • Do you have a Pic of the module?
  • If @MarcoF pull request is merged I'll create the driver.
  • If @MarcoF pull request is merged I'll create the driver.
    Looks like there's something wrong with the module of @pascal.
    Its not reporting Z-wave.me/Duwi's manufacturerID.

For manufacturerID 100 you should make a new app and not a driver for this app.
  • Your right!
    Forgot that...
  • @pascal ;
    please double/triple check if your module is really a Z-wave.me/Duwi module!
    The module is sending a manufacturerID which is not corresponding with these "2 brands".

Sending a different ID could (in my eyes) mean 2 things;
    1. its not a Z-Wave.me/Duwi module
    2. there's something wrong with the module and therefor its sending "strang/faulty" ids.

Where did you order this module? Do you still have the retail-package/manual?
  • 100 decimal is 64 in hexadecimal.
    From the open z-wave config files:
    <Manufacturer id="0064" name="Popp / Duwi">
      <Product type="1001" id="0000" name="Plugin Dimmer" />
      <Product type="3001" id="0000" name="Plugin Switch" />
    </Manufacturer>

• I know! So which manufacturer belongs to ID 64?

Zwave.me has decimal ID 277 and in hex 0x0115.
  • pascalpascal Member
    edited August 2016
    @MarcoF ;
    It is the first option. The Duwi 054368 is not Z-wave.me module but a regular Z-wave module. Here is the link to the manual. The module is 6 years old.

http://manuals.zwaveeurope.com/make.php?lang=en&type=&sku=DUW_054368&pdf=1

I missed the 8 in the device name because that is displayed really Small.
  • MarcoF said:
    I know! So which manufacturer belongs to ID 64?

Zwave.me has decimal ID 277 and in hex 0x0115.
    name="Popp / Duwi"
     ;) 
  • Where did you find that? 
  • 100 decimal is 64 in hexadecimal.
    From the open z-wave config files:
    <Manufacturer id="0064" name="Popp / Duwi">
      <Product type="1001" id="0000" name="Plugin Dimmer" />
      <Product type="3001" id="0000" name="Plugin Switch" />
    </Manufacturer>

Here
This discussion has been closed.