This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Cheap Multiroom Speaker-System

Hi,
I am looking for a cheap multiroom speaker system that is compatible with Homey (or will be in the future). While browsing this and other forums I only found systems like Sonos, Denon or Harman Kardon where each speaker costs >200€.

For my needs it would be fine if there is one speaker in three different rooms. The quality should be ok, and appropriate to the price that I am willing to spend: 200€-300€ in total.

This stated Emile this January:
Emile said:
Homey will eventually support:
  • Internal speaker
  • Line-out
  • Bluetooth
  • Wi-Fi streaming
    • AirPlay (we have to figure out the licenses though)
    • Google Cast (we have to figure out the licenses though)
    • SONOS
    • Denon Heos
    • ... any speaker that can play a radio stream programmatically

One solution could be simple Bluetooth speakers, but I bet that Homey can only stream to one speaker at a time.
I found "Bluetooth Splitter" that could be plugged into Homeys Line-out and stream simultanious to two bluetooth speakers. I guess that would be the cheapest solution but not the most reliable.

I also found the PEAQ Munet series, but it seems that this system is everywhere out of stock. It was described as the cheap twin of sonos because one speaker costs 99€. It was only sold by Mediamarkt / Saturn in germany. But I doubt that Homey would support it.

Now my questions:
Are there any other cheap solutions that I haven't thought of? Or has somebody experiences with one of the previous mentioned solutions?

Comments