This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official SDK2

[APP] Kodi [2.2.0]

Comments

• Fire69 said:
    OK, I'll give it a try then :)
    Must admit, the wording is a bit confusing, also because it's just before the card 'hibernate' and 'reboot'
    Maybe it's clearer if it's 'Media was stopped' or something like that? :)

[edit]
    Hm, doesn't work either.
    This is the correct card, right?

This is what I get in the log:

'Triggering flow' is the flow I created??
    Great, solved after a reboot...
    Noticed something was wrong when other flows stopped working also.
    Hopefully not a 0.9.1 thingy!
  • I seem to be unable to install version 1.4.1. Mostly it says something went wrong but one time I got this error:

missing `driver[0].settings[0].children[0].value` in app.json missing `driver[0].settings[0].children[1].value` in app.json

Tried uninstalling the previous version and rebooting but it didnt help. Also tried installing it through the CLI but I get the same error as above. So it seems there is something wromg with version 1.4.1 which leaves me without the Kodi app .. :-( 

(Running firmware 0.9.2)
  • Fixed in 1.4.2. Uploaded it to Github and it's awaiting app store approval.

Apparently default values for driver settings are mandatory as of 0.9.2.
  • EvertorN said:
    Fixed in 1.4.2. Uploaded it to Github and it's awaiting app store approval.

Apparently default values for driver settings are mandatory as of 0.9.2.
    Awesome, works again ... thanx a bunch. :+1: 
  • @Phuturist No probs. Wouldn't want you to spend your weekend without kodi :p
  • @Phuturist No probs. Wouldn't want you to spend your weekend without kodi :p
  • App has been published to the appstore! 
  • App has been published to the appstore! 
  • Thanks! :)

Question: did you change some of the voice triggers in any of the latest versions?
    I've had a speech flow several months already to control my harmony, it reacts to <film kijken> to start my activity <Watch movie>.  Always worked without a problem.
    Now all of a sudden, it does start my activity, but Homey also asks <What movie would you like to watch?>.
    When I check your app.json, you have <film kijken> as a voice trigger also.
  • Fire69 said:
    Thanks! :)

Question: did you change some of the voice triggers in any of the latest versions?
    I've had a speech flow several months already to control my harmony, it reacts to <film kijken> to start my activity <Watch movie>.  Always worked without a problem.
    Now all of a sudden, it does start my activity, but Homey also asks <What movie would you like to watch?>.
    When I check your app.json, you have <film kijken> as a voice trigger also.
    Yeah I did. It was a first attempt on improving the speech interface. But because Homey's speech recognition isn't that  great yet, I decided to wait until that gets better before spending a lot of time on that.
  • I don't really mind it that it's asking what movie I want to watch (since I just told homey I want to watch a movie :) )  but the problem is it never finds the movie. It always says it can't find the movie in my library. 
  • Fire69 said:
    I don't really mind it that it's asking what movie I want to watch (since I just told homey I want to watch a movie :) )  but the problem is it never finds the movie. It always says it can't find the movie in my library. 
    Yeah as far as I know that's because it doesn't get what you're saying.. The speech parsing after you answered a question is kinda bad. Check your manager/speech-input, is your answer even remotely close to the movie title you're trying to watch?
  • No, it's not even listed there... 

Normal speech recognition is working pretty ok lately if I stay really, really close to homey. 
    There shouldn't be any difference when parsing after a question, right?
  • It would be great if it would repeat the question "what movie do you want to watch" when it couldn't find the movie you asked for. 
  • EvertorNEvertorN Member
    edited August 2016
    It would be great if it would repeat the question "what movie do you want to watch" when it couldn't find the movie you asked for. 
    Added to the list of future features! Note that I am planning on completely rewriting the speech interface when athom improves the speech recognition.. Still not sure what's the best way to go.. Many users use flows to create their own speech handling ('action: when something is said' and 'text contains "play movie"'), so this would then interfere with the native speech handling of the Kodi app.

I will add re-asking the question in the meantime though, if I can find some time. Been pretty busy lately, so dev is limited to bug fixing :).
  • @EvertorN, I have 2 flows now with 'Als <Een film begint> Dan <set variable movie to true'.  This makes my mood lights go out when a movie starts.
    Problem with this is that it doesn't work when you resume a movie...  :'(
    I have to use 'Als <Kodi begint terug te spelen>' to make it work with resume, but then it doesn't work anymore when a movie starts from the beginning.  :/
    Do I have to make double flows for this, or am I missing something here? :smile: 
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited August 2016
    Also, don't know if I asked this already, but what are the flows in the log?

Why is there a trigger for resume and stop, but not for when you play from the beginning?
  • @Fire69, yes you have to make a double flow.. "Resume" gets triggered when you resume a movie or episode (i.e. after you paused it). 'movie start' or 'episode start' get triggered when you play a movie or episode from the start.

So yes, you should make a double flow. Hopefully Athom will support multiple triggers per flow in the future..

Regarding the flows, same explanation as above. You haven't simply started a movie from the beginning :)
  • EvertorN said:
    @Fire69, yes you have to make a double flow.. "Resume" gets triggered when you resume a movie or episode (i.e. after you paused it). 'movie start' or 'episode start' get triggered when you play a movie or episode from the start.

So yes, you should make a double flow. Hopefully Athom will support multiple triggers per flow in the future..

Regarding the flows, same explanation as above. You haven't simply started a movie from the beginning :)
    And you don't have the possibility to make an action card 'Kodi starts any playback'? :tongue: 

I was wondering more about the flows themselves.  What flow is getting triggered? Something in your app itself? Because (as you know now :)) I don't have any flows that use the resume function. 
  • Would it be possible to save the brightness of certain hue lights and save them before dimming them? So when I pause or stop the movie these lights can return to their old brightness level?
  • RobinVanKekemRobinVanKekem Member
    edited August 2016
    Might be it there is a card with something like 'when dimming starts' and it has a token.
    Otherwise I don't think it's possible.
    This card has to be implemented in the app which does the dimming, ie Hue, KaKu etc
  • @Fire69 Yeah I can, but that could possibly interfere with other events like resume, episode start and movie start ;). But as long as you're aware of that as a flow user you should be fine.. I'll add that :) 

About the log and the flow. It's a log of the fact that Kodi sent homey a signal "hey, fire any flows that trigger on resume". If you don't have any registered flows with that trigger, nothing will happen. It will still show up in the log though, as that's just a log of kodi sending the signal to homey. 
  • Is it possible to also include a card for music? And if possible (I doubt it) for music videos?
  • @nklerk What would you like to see? An action card that says "play music of artist xxx"? 
  • EvertorN said:
    @Fire69 Yeah I can, but that could possibly interfere with other events like resume, episode start and movie start ;). But as long as you're aware of that as a flow user you should be fine.. I'll add that :) 

About the log and the flow. It's a log of the fact that Kodi sent homey a signal "hey, fire any flows that trigger on resume". If you don't have any registered flows with that trigger, nothing will happen. It will still show up in the log though, as that's just a log of kodi sending the signal to homey. 
    Awesome, thanks a lot! :smile: 

So why is there no flow trigger for just play?
  • yeah somthing like that indeed. You could think of tags like. Track number, title, artist, album title and album artist. I don't use Kodi to much for music to be honest now I have a Apple Music subscription but it seems logical to have.

what I really would love to see is video content is the audio codec. Wouldn't it be cool to hear homey say "now playing <movie title> with Dolby Atmos" :-) 
  • Fire69 said:
    EvertorN said:
    @Fire69 Yeah I can, but that could possibly interfere with other events like resume, episode start and movie start ;). But as long as you're aware of that as a flow user you should be fine.. I'll add that :) 

Awesome, thanks a lot! :smile: 

So why is there no flow trigger for just play?
    Because I haven't implemented it yet!  :)
  • nklerk said:
    yeah somthing like that indeed. You could think of tags like. Track number, title, artist, album title and album artist. I don't use Kodi to much for music to be honest now I have a Apple Music subscription but it seems logical to have.

what I really would love to see is video content is the audio codec. Wouldn't it be cool to hear homey say "now playing <movie title> with Dolby Atmos" :-) 
    Yeah I don't use Kodi for music either, that's why there isn't a whole lot around music. Anyway, I will put it on the list.. I am not sure whether it is possible to ready the audio codec btw. Will need to dive into that.
  • This is a 'flow' in Domoticz nd it still works "next to"  Homey. If I pauze Kodi, and it is dark outside (sun has set), the lights in the Kitchen go in (as I am grabbing a beer / coffee).