This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Using sunset and sunrise in a flow

Hello,

I have created two flows, that triggers the lights in the garden. When testing the flows the lights go on and off as expected. But in a 'live' situation the time is triggers is way off.

The average sunrise is around 06:00 AM (Netherlands) and today the lights were still on at 08:30, the same for the sunset this is about 21:00 PM and the lights were on late last night.

Is the flow card not working properly, or have i done something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Robbert

Comments

• Did u check if the time is correct of ur Homey and if u did set the correct time zone in Homey?
  • Did u check if the time is correct of ur Homey and if u did set the correct time zone in Homey?
    I believe it is correct, see below:

• That looks ok to me yes.
  • Also check if your location is correct.
    When it's set to Automatic, it fails sometimes.  And even while your time seems correct, sunset/sunrise are incorrect then.
  • Fire69 said:
    Also check if your location is correct.
    When it's set to Automatic, it fails sometimes.  And even while your time seems correct, sunset/sunrise are incorrect then.

Will change this and check if there on at a around 9 PM, thanks.
  • Sunset works perfectly for me, I'm still in bed at sunrise so don't hear Homey saying it's sunrise every day :) I did notice some timeservers were offline yesterday, first time in >20 years I ran into trouble with this...
  • Sunset works perfectly for me, I'm still in bed at sunrise so don't hear Homey saying it's sunrise every day :) I did notice some timeservers were offline yesterday, first time in >20 years I ran into trouble with this...
    I'm also in bed when the sun comes up. But when i'm downstairs at 8:30 they should be switched off  :D

Can you confirm that you've set your location manually?
  • evadevad Member
    edited August 2016
  • yep, did that manually...
  • They turned on at the proper time, now let's wait and see in the morning :smile: 
  • If sunset is OK sunrise will be too :)
  • All works as expected, thanks guys! B)
  • You're welcome ;)