This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Voice commands

Comments

• RonnORonnO Member
    2Be said:
    I don't think the wikipedia people like it when you edit every wiki entry and place a comma after every word. It is also a lot of work btw.
    Err... I meant that you can place a comma after the words that Homey should say - which you entered in the flow yourself. Not working on wiki, of course!
  • DJF3DJF3 Member
    btwvince said:
    I had exactly the same when the TV was playing. I've done a reset and didn't do voice calibration and now it doesn't happen anymore. It even works way better :)

Team, is it possible to remove or undo the voice training? Or should I "factory reset" the device?
  • This will probably be done with the next experimental firmware (guessing within two weeks). If you want this beforehand then the only possibility is a recovery with full whipe...
  • DJF3DJF3 Member
    honey said:
    For those who are no on Slack:
    set an alarm,
    create an alarm,
    add an alarm,
    schedule an alarm,
    place an alarm
    .... etc..
    Is there a webpage that lists all possible "out of the box" commands?
    Or even a discussion thread that is updated frequently? (maybe even including other languages)
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    DJF3 said:
    Or even a discussion thread that is updated frequently? (maybe even including other languages)
    Yes, this here thread is the one for that purpose  ;)
  • DJF3 said:
    honey said:
    For those who are no on Slack:
    set an alarm,
    create an alarm,
    add an alarm,
    schedule an alarm,
    place an alarm
    .... etc..
    Still waiting for a complete list, with translations..
    I have my Homey in dutch. All I can do is "tijd, datum, lampen aan/uit".
    No timers, no alarms, no reminders...? 
  • @Bumble

Try "ik ben zwanger" hahaha

• @mbalik79 i thought you where joking! Still tryed it. 

How did you figure this one out? 
  •  :D 
  • Or" wil je met me trouwen "  ;)
  • https://www.athom.com/nl/ondersteuning/KB000037/

'en nog veel meer' bij Slim en Handig.. Zullen we die samen aanvullen?
  • Haha well done finding out about "will you marry me" and "I'm pregnant"! There are many more interactions similar to those, so if you come across any it would be great if you post them here! We're curious to see which ones will get discovered.

In the mean time I have added a list with examples of things to say to Homey here: https://www.athom.com/en/support/KB000037/ (change language in the top right to get the Dutch list)

This is by no means an exhaustive list but I hope it will give you an indication of what things you can say to Homey out of the box.
  • Timer doesn't work here.. Becarefull with your
    pizza!
  • RobertRobert Member
    edited August 2016
    Did you get a spoken confirmation that the timer/reminder was set? If not, this means Homey probably didn't "hear" what you said correctly. Homey might have gotten the text "set a time in 13 minutes to get the pizza out of the oven" instead of "set a timeR in 13 minutes to get the pizza out of the oven" for example.

If you did get the confirmation I'm interested which version your Homey is running because I just tested it here and it worked fine. (I was happy to test this, as I'll take whatever excuse I can find to put a pizza in the oven ;) )
  • tim1990 said:
    @mbalik79 i thought you where joking! Still tryed it. 

How did you figure this one out? 
    Homey thought my wife Was say ing this while she Was saying "Ik ga slapen ". Hahaha
  • Robert said:
    Haha well done finding out about "will you marry me" and "I'm pregnant"! There are many more interactions similar to those, so if you come across any it would be great if you post them here! We're curious to see which ones will get discovered.

In the mean time I have added a list with examples of things to say to Homey here: https://www.athom.com/en/support/KB000037/ (change language in the top right to get the Dutch list)

This is by no means an exhaustive list but I hope it will give you an indication of what things you can say to Homey out of the box.
    Just a tip: you should check and correct the spelling in the first alinea ;)
  • Robert said:
    Did you get a spoken confirmation that the timer/reminder was set? If not, this means Homey probably didn't "hear" what you said correctly. Homey might have gotten the text "set a time in 13 minutes to get the pizza out of the oven" instead of "set a timeR in 13 minutes to get the pizza out of the oven" for example.

If you did get the confirmation I'm interested which version your Homey is running because I just tested it here and it worked fine. (I was happy to test this, as I'll take whatever excuse I can find to put a pizza in the oven ;) )
    I used the speech input... No response from Homey. Version 0.8.39
  • Thanks @vanillassky, I'll make sure to update it.

@Bumble you are right, something is not working the way it should there. I will get it sorted out in one of the updates, thanks for pointing it out!  
  • BumbleBumble Member
    edited August 2016
    @Robert your pizza burned?  :D

P.s: geheugensteuntjes en wekker doen het allebei niet.
  • "Spiegeltje spiegeltje aan de wand, wie is het mooiste van het land"
  • DJF3DJF3 Member
    Robert said:
    Haha well done finding out about "will you marry me" and "I'm pregnant"! There are many more interactions similar to those, so if you come across any it would be great if you post them here! We're curious to see which ones will get discovered.

This is a good start. I think it's important to let people know what you can say out of the box - everything
    And please distinguish between "out of the box" and "out of the box if you configured xyz".  Asking Homey to open curtains only works if you have controllable curtains.
  • DJF3 said:
    Robert said:

This is a good start. I think it's important to let people know what you can say out of the box - everything
    And please distinguish between "out of the box" and "out of the box if you configured xyz".  Asking Homey to open curtains only works if you have controllable curtains.
    I think we also should know the  functiona when you have curtains or a thermostat because it can disrupt your flows. 
    I hope the list will be fullfilled in time.. And the bugs fixed offcourse.. Would like to make timers and wake-up calls
  • DJF3DJF3 Member
    Bumble said:
    DJF3 said:
    I think we also should know the  functions when you have curtains or a thermostat because it can disrupt your flows. 
    I hope the list will be fullfilled in time.. And the bugs fixed offcourse.. Would like to make timers and wake-up calls
    EXACTLY! That's the problem I ran into... These disrupted my flows.
  • pocpoc Member
    when i ask homey to set an alarm for me ,homey confirmes the alarm being set but does not sound the alarm.What could be the cause of this ? running on 0.9.2 .
  • @poc ;
    you will need to make a flow with "an alarm goes off" card as trigger
  • caseda said:
    @poc ;
    you will need to make a flow with "an alarm goes off" card as trigger
    I don't think so? It's build in, so shouldn't need a flow. Right @Robert ?

I still suffer from errors, any news on that?
  • @Bumble ;
    The setting of the alarm clock is, the activating isn't.
    homey doesn't know what you want when an alarm goes off, some want just lights, other want a small alarm sound ringing (which isn't default installed in homey), and again others want the whole house the rumble on it's foundation.

But trust me, i tried and i only works when defining what should happen with an alarm in flow(s)
  • caseda said:
    @Bumble ;
    The setting of the alarm clock is, the activating isn't.
    homey doesn't know what you want when an alarm goes off, some want just lights, other want a small alarm sound ringing (which isn't default installed in homey), and again others want the whole house the rumble on it's foundation.

But trust me, i tried and i only works when defining what should happen with an alarm in flow(s)
    Ok, thanks for explaining. I can't test it. My Homey doesn't confirm setting a timer at all.. But can you show me a sample flow? Because I wonder how
    it works, alarms can differ in time and so on.. I think you use 1 flow for that?

• a timer is different then an alarm clock, timer counts down, alarm clock goed off at the set time.
    Timer doesn't have a flow card, it will always say that the timer is 0/over.

alarm clock does, because 90% of the time you are not in the same room:

So if you need multiple times doing different thing you can use the time card in the [AND] column.
    If you only have one alarm flow you can leave away the time card.