This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Philio tech Z-Wave Plus Smart Color Button

Does anyone have any experience with this button? I'm thinking about buying it, but it is not completely clear what the functionalities are.

- Is it possible to use it for managing multiple devices at the same time? How to switch between devices?
- Is it 100% compatible with Fibaro Dimmer 2? Does it handle all the functions Fibaro Dimmer 2 has?

I want to use it as a controlebutton for the bathroom. Where I need to handle 2 fibaro dimmers and a 1 fibaro 2in1 switch. And eventually maybe also a sunscreen.

Can someone give me some advice?

Thank you.

Nick

Comments

• If somebody makes a app for it 

i could work 
  • But is someone already using the button? And can i use it to control multiple devices?

Robbshop says it cannot activate scenes, but what does this mean?
  • @NPeters ;
    Scenes are multiple click (double click, triple click) ways that sends a different signal, and thus can activate a different "scene"

Without an app it wont work out of the box (it's not an on/off device)

For the rest of your questions:
    It is possible to dim and turn on/off multiple LIGHTS (like your dimmers) (max 8) at the same time, there is no way to control the lights separately.
    You could also use it with the sunscreen and fibaro switch, but they will all act together, can't be controlled separately
    (so turn lights off = sunscreen down as well, and turn off anything attached to the switch)
    So you will need 2, 3 or 4 buttons (depends on the current situation) in your bathroom if you want to control everything separatly
  • caseda said:
    @NPeters ;
    Scenes are multiple click (double click, triple click) ways that sends a different signal, and thus can activate a different "scene"

Without an app it wont work out of the box (it's not an on/off device)

For the rest of your questions:
    It is possible to dim and turn on/off multiple LIGHTS (like your dimmers) (max 8) at the same time, there is no way to control the lights separately.
    You could also use it with the sunscreen and fibaro switch, but they will all act together, can't be controlled separately
    (so turn lights off = sunscreen down as well, and turn off anything attached to the switch)
    So you will need 2, 3 or 4 buttons (depends on the current situation) in your bathroom if you want to control everything separatly
    Hmm that's a bummer. Based on the image at robbshop i thought this was possible. The image shows 4 roman numbers on the edge of the button.

Do you know any alternative?

• casedacaseda Member
    edited August 2016
    @NPeters ;;
    Are you talking about the same button as your titel is? 
    The button in your titel has a single (turn able) button, no Roman numbers in sight 

Alternatively you can choose any other 4 button "remote"  there is to do what you want to achieve
  • NPetersNPeters Member
    edited August 2016
    caseda said:
    @NPeters ;;;;
    Are you talking about the same button as your titel is? 
    The button in your titel has a single (turn able) button, no Roman numbers in sight 

Alternatively you can choose any other 4 button "remote"  there is to do what you want to achieve
    Yes, at robbshop in the extra information. The button needs to be battery powered, I can't find any nice looking 4 button panel. The MCO touch panel glass is also nice, but it is powered with 230 wire.

Thank you!
  • Ah, yeah that's a bit of a weird image :neutral: when looking through the manual it shows a different image to the "turn control" might try to check a little bit further, but I don't think it will change much.
    Maybe able to dim lights and close/open curtains thanks to the way homey works with flows, but then not able to close curtains to for example 50%

I've seen an interesting (new) keyfob from fibaro:
    https://en.robbshop.nl/fibaro-keyfob
    It's not out yet though, have not checked for a date that it will come
  • Thank you, i've had contact with robbshop and they also tell me it's turning 4 devices on/off at the same time.

Maybe this would be a good replacement?
    http://www.popp.eu/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Manual_Wall-C_POPP_En.pdf
This discussion has been closed.