This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[App] Greenwave Systems by Athom - main discussion topic

Comments

• WebsterWebster Member
    edited August 2016
    Remover my app from app store hopefully athom will implement the code in there app 

will continu to get the power reading working
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited August 2016
    I have created a custom version of the Greenwave app where I merged version 1.0.0 from Athom and the newly created app by @Webster for the Greenwave Powernode 1.

This custom version (I have versioned it to 1.1.0) now supports both the Powernode 1 and the Powernode 6. It has the correct icons for the Powernode 1 although they dont look as smooth as the professional icons by Athom as I used a converter.

What is not working is the actual power consumption (which has never worked together with Homey).

[EDIT]
    @Webster, what is pending in the app store. A seperate app or a pull request to add the Powernode 1 to the current Greenwave app?

[EDIT2]
    Do not download this version anymore, it's outdated but I dont seem to be able to remove the attachment.
  • WebsterWebster Member
    edited August 2016
    Removed my app
  • tweaqertweaqer Member
    edited August 2016
    Does anyone know if it (the 6-node) also works as a z-wave 'repeater'/network extender (sorry I forgot the official name for this)? And how can I see this/check this?
  • tweaqer said:
    Does anyone know if it (the 6-node) also works as a z-wave 'repeater'/network extender (sorry I forgot the official name for this)? And how can I see this/check this?
    Yes, every main powered zwave device will do this (called routing as part of the mesh network).
  • Webster said:
    Remover my app from app store hopefully athom will implement the code in there app 

will continu to get the power reading working
    Did you create a pull request on Github for this?
  • Phuturist Made a Pull request 

he implemented my code in the code from Athom app 

• @Phuturist , did you file this issue : https://github.com/athombv/com.greenwavesystems/issues/2
    And if so, how long did you wait ? (I've the same issue) 

• blusser said:
    @Phuturist , did you file this issue : https://github.com/athombv/com.greenwavesystems/issues/2
    And if so, how long did you wait ? (I've the same issue) 

No, it was submitted by filoor but I had the same issue. As you can read in the issue most of my problems where resolved when making sure there are no unreachable Greenwave devices (might even be a general zwave bug). After making sure all devices where reachable, either directly or through routing I left it overnight and it was OK in the morning. After that I did something similar when I moved around some devices and I had to wait about 1-2 hours before the zwave chip became available. 

But I still see greyed out buttons on the zwave page from time to time meaning the zwave chip is busy. It does not seem to effect functionally but I'm keeping an eye out on this. I have set polling for my Greenwave devices a little higher to reduce the load on the zwave network.
  • Ok, thanks for the info, I'll wait a day to see what happens.. (althrough I hope this can be fixed by tuning the greenwave app...)
    By the way, is routing already supported by homey then ?(I thought I've read that z-wave routing should be supported by the controller as well in order to work) 
  • Webster said:
    Phuturist Made a Pull request 

where is it? I don't see any pull requests on git
  • blusser said:
    Ok, thanks for the info, I'll wait a day to see what happens.. (althrough I hope this can be fixed by tuning the greenwave app...)
    By the way, is routing already supported by homey then ?(I thought I've read that z-wave routing should be supported by the controller as well in order to work) 

Let hope we get a reaction on:
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/28949/#Comment_28949
  • Yannick said:
    Webster said:
    Phuturist Made a Pull request 

where is it? I don't see any pull requests on git
    I have no experience with GitHub and would not know how to make a pull request to the Athom repo of the Greenwave app. Some posts back I attached a custom version of this Greenwave app which contains the code Webster made for the powernode-1.

My guess is that Athom will incorporate the separate app of Webster into their own eventually.

But even this version does not have any optimizations concerning the zwave performance. This needs to be fixed (if it needs to be fixed at all) in the zwave Homey driver.
  • MarcoF said:
    Ah, thanks.. let's hope they will implement/enable/fix it soon!   :)
  • @MarcoF and @Phuturist :
    JeroenVollenbrock said:
    Homey does support auto-routing. Please keep in mind that the healing process starts after a devices becomes unavailable and takes some time, during which the device remains unavailable. Battery-powered devices are not able to relay messages. The implementation for this is handled on the chip itself (not in the Homey software) and the default strategy is used.
  • blusser said:
    @MarcoF and @Phuturist :
    JeroenVollenbrock said:
    Homey does support auto-routing. Please keep in mind that the healing process starts after a devices becomes unavailable and takes some time, during which the device remains unavailable. Battery-powered devices are not able to relay messages. The implementation for this is handled on the chip itself (not in the Homey software) and the default strategy is used.
    This confirms my earlier findings. The only thing that needs fixing in my point of view is that the zwave chip does not remain constantly busy when it need to communicate (or poll) a device out of reach.
  • Phuturist said:
    Eternity said:
    I was able to edit and save both the 'general' and the individual devices.
    Well, seems I can edit polling frequency but not set any custom parameters ..
    Can anyone confirm that it is currently not possible to save changes in the Raw Configuration Parameters (like setting it to 1,1,255 to avoid the green blinking lights with the greenwave powernodes). I checked the code but there is nothing in the code of the app about the the raw configuration parameters. So it probably needs to be fixed in the Homey zwave driver.
  • Phuturist said:
    Phuturist said:
    Eternity said:
    I was able to edit and save both the 'general' and the individual devices.
    Well, seems I can edit polling frequency but not set any custom parameters ..
    Can anyone confirm that it is currently not possible to save changes in the Raw Configuration Parameters (like setting it to 1,1,255 to avoid the green blinking lights with the greenwave powernodes). I checked the code but there is nothing in the code of the app about the the raw configuration parameters. So it probably needs to be fixed in the Homey zwave driver.

My power nodes do not blink. The standard settings are fine for me at the moment . 
  • Will test this weekend, not at home right now. Mine blink(ed)  too,  but with polling I used to be able to solve that. Right now I have one 6 port greenwave paired, hope to include four  1-port nodes and an additional 6-port node coming weekend. 
  • Eternity said:
    Will test this weekend, not at home right now. Mine blink(ed)  too,  but with polling I used to be able to solve that. Right now I have one 6 port greenwave paired, hope to include four  1-port nodes and an additional 6-port node coming weekend. 
    If you use the default polling value (120 seconds) you will indeed not get the green blinking lights as the default keep alive time is also 2 minutes. But I changed my polling because I dont want Homey to poll all my Greenwave devices at the same interval and I dont need it to be as low as 2 minutes. But with a higher polling interval the keep alive time is crossed and I have green blinking lights. I want to change the default keep alive threshold to it's maximum of 255 minutes but herefor I need to be able to save the raw configuration parameters which currently isnt working.

But, I'm working on a custom version of the app where the keep alive time is a setting in the device setting. Hopefully with this I can save this parameter and get rid of my green blinking lights. This custom version also supports the Greenwave powernode 1, this was added by Webster. I'll see if I can learn how to use GitHub so I can submit a pull request for this additional functionality.
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited August 2016
    @Phuturist
    Awesome! 
  • maybe the greenwave app can be updated with the following :
    (assumption : polling of a powernode 6 takes 10 seconds)

select all greenwave powernodes from inventory order by device-id
    start polling powernode with the lowest device-id at time n
    start polling powernode with the lowest+1 device-id at time n+(1x 15 sec)
    start polling powernode with the lowest+2 device-id at time n+(2x 15 sec)
    etc

this way you prevent a busy cpu

• PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited August 2016
    Pull request with the following changes has been submitted to the Greenwave app repo.

• powernode-1 driver added for the Greenwave Powernode 1 device (credits to Webster)

• added an extra setting in both the Powernode 1 as the Powernode 6 device to configure the keep alive time. This parameter controls the amount of minutes without contact between Homey and the Greenwave Powernode before it starts blinking it's green light. The default value is 2 minutes, if polling is set higher then 2 minutes (to reduce load on the z-wave network) this "feature" can be quite annoying. With version 1.0.0 of the Greenwave app and the current Homey zwave driver there is a bug in saving the raw configuration parameters which makes it inpossible to change this keep alive time. This extra settings makes it possible to set the keep alive time (for instance to it's maximum value of 255 minutes).

• add complete support for Dutch language

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited August 2016
    @Phuturist ;
    I want to use/test you work
    Could you post a complete zip of the repo with you pull request?

Just downloaded your earlier .zip, but don't known if this is the same as the pull request :)
  • MarcoF said:
    @Phuturist ;

Just downloaded your earlier .zip, but don't known if this is the same as the pull request :)
    No, it's not the same and my forked repo does not contain the Homey zwave driver so just downloading it as zip will not allow you to install it locally. I have created a new zip which should allow you to install this branch.

• Phuturist said:
    MarcoF said:
    @Phuturist ;

No, it's not the same and my forked repo does not contain the Homey zwave driver so just downloading it as zip will not allow you to install it locally. I have created a new zip which should allow you to install this branch.

Thanx!
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited August 2016
    Is it really that the switch status is also polled?
    This because when I manually switch the PowerNode1, it takes X secs/minutes to update the switch status in Homey's GUI.

• MarcoF said:
    Is it really that the switch status is also polled?
    This because when I manually switch the PowerNode1, it takes X secs/minutes to update the switch status in Homey's GUI.

I assume you mean when you manually turn on the socket? Would not know, I only switch them trough Homey. I could do a test of you like though.
  • Status of the switch is polled so it should update